2,958 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, farzady said:

That's why there is some delays on the submission. Would you able to check with your doctor?

He is not going to send it in yet, I still need to get the flu shot and submit the record of it to him. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, addpeace said:

Well, the trigger has been pulled. Contract and payment sent into Hacking Law to start the WOM. Ooftah. My bank account hurts. 

It’s harsh, right??

Timeline
5 hours ago, addpeace said:

Its really tough to swallow for sure. I do better with timelines though and at least this is giving me a vague one verses nothing. 

That's true. It makes you feel like you are doing something, at least...

Folks that got their WOM filed by the lawyer, what are the normal steps of progression & anticipated timelines after the lawsuit has been filed? Just trying to understand what does the complete end-to-end process look like?  

I'm planning to file WOM with PIC law. I believe the cost is similar to Hacking law group but the payment needs to be made in full at the start, no payment plan option. 

1 hour ago, topman said:

Folks that got their WOM filed by the lawyer, what are the normal steps of progression & anticipated timelines after the lawsuit has been filed? Just trying to understand what does the complete end-to-end process look like?  

I'm planning to file WOM with PIC law. I believe the cost is similar to Hacking law group but the payment needs to be made in full at the start, no payment plan option. 

If you do a consult with them they can explain the process to you in depth. Once the lawsuit is filed the government has 60 days to respond. It’s not uncommon for them to ask for an extension which can push their response a month or two more. Hopefully their response in the end is to issue the visa. 

4 minutes ago, throwitaway said:

If you do a consult with them they can explain the process to you in depth. Once the lawsuit is filed the government has 60 days to respond. It’s not uncommon for them to ask for an extension which can push their response a month or two more. Hopefully their response in the end is to issue the visa. 

Thanks! I'm planning to have a consult with them. So, from a timeline perspective, we are potentially looking at 2 months + another 2 months of extension, so a total of 4 months.

And hopefully if approved, redoing the medical - another 30 days? By the time I have a stamped visa on my passport could take a total of 5 months from WOM file date? Am I summarizing this tentative timelines correctly?    

6 minutes ago, topman said:

Thanks! I'm planning to have a consult with them. So, from a timeline perspective, we are potentially looking at 2 months + another 2 months of extension, so a total of 4 months.

And hopefully if approved, redoing the medical - another 30 days? By the time I have a stamped visa on my passport could take a total of 5 months from WOM file date? Am I summarizing this tentative timelines correctly?    

Yes, in typical WoM cases that timeline looks good. 

In worst case scenario the timeline can be much longer if the government fights. If I’m not mistaken, judges have no deadlines for ruling on a motion+countermotion. This is rare. 

Edited by throwitaway

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, topman said:

My timeline with WOM from file to visa in hand was 92 days.  We are seeing anywhere from 80 - 140 days from filing to approval.  In that window, they ask you to redo your medical and send in any additional documentation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Here is a copy of the tracker the Montreal WOM group is using to give everyone an idea of timelines:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UE4-Bx5WxAFwmayQkiCro89PdB5CCpl1iYL8HcXU524/edit?usp=sharing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.