2,958 posts in this topic

I am keeping track of my update dates: 

Interview                                 : 7.15

DS5535 & resume sent        : 7.18

Update (refused)                   : 8.19

Update (refused)                   : 8.03 (reply to my email to acknowledge receipt of DS5535)

Update (refused)                   : 8.18

Update (refused)                   : 9.09

Update (refused)                   : 9.21

Update (refused)                   : 10.03

Update (refused)                   : 10.04 (my husband sent an inquiry email last night, not sure if it was due to the email.

Does anyone have a similar pattern for the update? I was really excited when I saw the 8.18 one, but now I am merely confused about why they are updating my case so frequently but nothing really happens.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Today is a year since my moms interview. Can’t believe we’ve been in this limbo for a year now

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
2 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

Today is a year since my moms interview. Can’t believe we’ve been in this limbo for a year now

Man, it is crazy. I am not far behind, one year will be in two weeks. Anything come through with the WOM yet?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Man, it is crazy. I am not far behind, one year will be in two weeks. Anything come through with the WOM yet?

i didnt file yet. my congressman said he would write a letter and i thought maybe that could help. but that promise was made like a month and a half ago and still the letter hasnt been sent.

i am looking to sign up for WOM this month. Did you file WOM?

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

i didnt file yet. my congressman said he would write a letter and i thought maybe that could help. but that promise was made like a month and a half ago and still the letter hasnt been sent.

i am looking to sign up for WOM this month. Did you file WOM?

I haven't filed yet. I am like sitting on it debating whether to pull the trigger. There has been zero organic movement in this thread, only people who filed WOM have progressed. It is so angering. I am still on the fence, but I don't know what else to do. The expense is huge.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

I haven't filed yet. I am like sitting on it debating whether to pull the trigger. There has been zero organic movement in this thread, only people who filed WOM have progressed. It is so angering. I am still on the fence, but I don't know what else to do. The expense is huge.

yea the lack of zero organic movement is quite depressing and its something that is making me consider pulling the trigger as well. almost $6k is a lot, but i dont know how long to wait. there is no movement for anyone without filing WOM

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

Timeline
Just now, BatmanFlow said:

yea the lack of zero organic movement is quite depressing and its something that is making me consider pulling the trigger as well. almost $6k is a lot, but i dont know how long to wait. there is no movement for anyone without filing WOM

After all this time, I feel like they literally threw this x% of cases in the black hole on purpose, hoping that a number of people will just give up. And if we want the visa we will have to sue. It is deeply dysfunctional and cynical, and I just cannot see how this can be blamed on lack of resourcing at this point. This feels done on purpose.

Timeline
3 hours ago, jujubemom said:

Update (refused)                   : 8.03 (reply to my email to acknowledge receipt of DS5535)

Update (refused)                   : 10.04 (my husband sent an inquiry email last night, not sure if it was due to the email.

Does anyone have a similar pattern for the update? I was really excited when I saw the 8.18 one, but now I am merely confused about why they are updating my case so frequently but nothing really happens.

I have come to conclude those updates, the frequency of them and timing, are not worth anything for predictive or explanatory value. I have had quite a few updates over time, and some of them were after email communications (while other emails produced nothing) and some of them I have no idea. The result has been the same, no movement for me. 

5 hours ago, jujubemom said:

Why are you doing this? This will drive you crazy.

2 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

In my opinion, once you file you’ll regret you waited so long.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

They let 79,000 people in from Afghanistan without proper vetting. They then went back and started vetting everybody. They found several individuals with derogatory information: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/assets/2022-09/OIG-22-64-Sep22-Redacted.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjWtcnDvcf6AhWXi_0HHeiPD4gQFnoECBYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1xtpRMrSPVRCPRPZ9OK_5a

They then started processing large numbers of SQ visas, all of which require AP. SQ visas are the highest priority tier (i.e., higher than immediate relative). https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visas-news-archive/immigrant-visa-prioritization.html

There is a large and growing backlog of cases in AP. You can determine this by looking at these reports: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/special-immg-visa-afghans-employed-us-gov.html#quarterly

Difference the numbers going into AP and coming out of it (i.e., "undergoes AP" and "visa issuance). Since January 2021, 4800 people have made it to AP stage, but only 2300 visas have been issued.

The reason the only people in AP who get approved are the ones that filed WOM is because they're only processing SQ in AP because there is a large and growing backlog of SQ in AP and they are a higher priority than IR according to State's prioritization system. When you sue them, you're effectively forcing them to work on your case.

35 minutes ago, jgauthi242 said:

They let 79,000 people in from Afghanistan without proper vetting. They then went back and started vetting everybody. They found several individuals with derogatory information: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/assets/2022-09/OIG-22-64-Sep22-Redacted.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjWtcnDvcf6AhWXi_0HHeiPD4gQFnoECBYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1xtpRMrSPVRCPRPZ9OK_5a

They then started processing large numbers of SQ visas, all of which require AP. SQ visas are the highest priority tier (i.e., higher than immediate relative). https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visas-news-archive/immigrant-visa-prioritization.html

There is a large and growing backlog of cases in AP. You can determine this by looking at these reports: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/special-immg-visa-afghans-employed-us-gov.html#quarterly

Difference the numbers going into AP and coming out of it (i.e., "undergoes AP" and "visa issuance). Since January 2021, 4800 people have made it to AP stage, but only 2300 visas have been issued.

The reason the only people in AP who get approved are the ones that filed WOM is because they're only processing SQ in AP because there is a large and growing backlog of SQ in AP and they are a higher priority than IR according to State's prioritization system. When you sue them, you're effectively forcing them to work on your case.

I knew about the tiered priority scheme but I had thought that the courts had ruled it illegal - didn’t realize it only stopped them from applying it to DV (although in reality some embassies still do it, like Accra who had a poor DV 22). 

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/22/2022 at 4:12 PM, EB_Stuck said:

Negative. Shipped on Thursday, received on Friday.

Have you crossed the border? Where did you cross? What additional information is required for border crossing?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.