Tim&Pashy

Need to Change Pickup Location

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

My fiancee's visa was just issued, but she no longer lives at the house where we set up home delivery. It doesn't seem like there's anyway to change the delivery address. What do we do? 

Sent I-129F: 02/04/2021 | NOA1 Received: 03/18/2021 NOA2 Received: 10/16/2021 NVC Case# Received: 11/04/2021 | Consulate Received: 11/25/2021 | Ready Status: 12/21/21

DS-160 Paid/Interview Scheduled: 01/02/2022 | Medical: 02/02/2022 | Interview: 02/16/2022 | Administrative Processing: 04/14/2022 | Visa Approved: 06/30/2022 | Visa In Hand: 07/21/2022

Entered USA: 07/28/2022 | Married: 08/18/2022 | Filed I-485, I-765, I-131: 09/08/2022 | NOA: 09/15/2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I thought they are picked at a delivery location???

If not, time for her to pitch camp at old address, day in day out, or pay someone she's trusts to pitch camp. 

The visa is important. I'd pitch camp. I wouldn't trust current owners, especially since it's Africa we are talking about. I just basing this based on Kenyan experience. 

Time to pitch camp. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

1 hour ago, Tim&Pashy said:

My fiancee's visa was just issued, but she no longer lives at the house where we set up home delivery. It doesn't seem like there's anyway to change the delivery address. What do we do? 

Did you have the option from the UStravelDocs or DS-160 to select a pick-up location, usually at the delivery service office? We chose the pick-up location at the delivery service instead of having the brown package delivered to her address. Both required a payment of fee on receipt.

The last option is if you have the delivery number, to call the delivery service to hold the package at whichever last office for delivery and tell them that she can pick it up there.

Good luck.

Edited by EatBulaga

Timeline
5 minutes ago, EatBulaga said:

Did you have the option from the UStravelDocs or DS-160 to select a pick-up location, usually at the delivery service office? We chose the pick-up location at the delivery service instead of having the brown package delivered to her address. Both required a payment of fee on receipt.

The last option is if you have the delivery number, to call the delivery service to hold the package at whichever last office for delivery and tell them that she can pick it up there.

Good luck.

Yeah we chose to have it shipped to her address but she is no longer living there

21 minutes ago, Timona said:

I thought they are picked at a delivery location???

If not, time for her to pitch camp at old address, day in day out, or pay someone she's trusts to pitch camp. 

The visa is important. I'd pitch camp. I wouldn't trust current owners, especially since it's Africa we are talking about. I just basing this based on Kenyan experience. 

Time to pitch camp. 

It's a dangerous area. That's why she left.

Sent I-129F: 02/04/2021 | NOA1 Received: 03/18/2021 NOA2 Received: 10/16/2021 NVC Case# Received: 11/04/2021 | Consulate Received: 11/25/2021 | Ready Status: 12/21/21

DS-160 Paid/Interview Scheduled: 01/02/2022 | Medical: 02/02/2022 | Interview: 02/16/2022 | Administrative Processing: 04/14/2022 | Visa Approved: 06/30/2022 | Visa In Hand: 07/21/2022

Entered USA: 07/28/2022 | Married: 08/18/2022 | Filed I-485, I-765, I-131: 09/08/2022 | NOA: 09/15/2022

4 minutes ago, Tim&Pashy said:

Yeah we chose to have it shipped to her address but she is no longer living there

If package has already been sent, I would find a way to deal with the delivery service to pick up instead of delivery.

The embassy/consulate probably doesn't care either way since they did their job as requested. If they have not sent it yet, then you can try to notify them that you can pick up at the embassy/consulate directly?

If neither of these work, then the last ditch effort may be to notify the people living at the address that you will reward them if they hold the package for you?

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Tim&Pashy said:

Not sure why you'd list that address then.. that aside, time to pay someone she trusts. I'm sure $50 will do the job.

If you choose to pay someone to pitch camp, for the sake of whatever you believe in, don't tell them what's in the package. Just say it's important medical package results that you have been waiting on. 

On another note, since she lived there and survived, she can go herself and relax indoors for the next 1 to 2 weeks as she waits for it herself. I'm sure she'll be fine. I'm by no means diminishing her safety here.. but giving you all possible options: good, bad, ugly. I'm sure within 2 weeks, it'll have been delivered. 

Good luck

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Timona said:

Not sure why you'd list that address then.. that aside, time to pay someone she trusts. I'm sure $50 will do the job.

If you choose to pay someone to pitch camp, for the sake of whatever you believe in, don't tell them what's in the package. Just say it's important medical package results that you have been waiting on. 

On another note, since she lived there and survived, she can go herself and relax indoors for the next 1 to 2 weeks as she waits for it herself. I'm sure she'll be fine. I'm by no means diminishing her safety here.. but giving you all possible options: good, bad, ugly. I'm sure within 2 weeks, it'll have been delivered. 

Good luck

At the time, it was a safe space for her. She had a falling out with the landlord there and that's why she had to leave.

I was reading the delivery info on the ais website. It looks like they will only drop off the package if she is actually there or if someone who has been authorized and has a copy of her identification is there and will sign for it. If not, they bring it back to the nearest DHL store. I'm just hoping that is true. We just want to get it at the DHL store anyway. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Tim&Pashy said:

At the time, it was a safe space for her. She had a falling out with the landlord there and that's why she had to leave.

I was reading the delivery info on the ais website. It looks like they will only drop off the package if she is actually there or if someone who has been authorized and has a copy of her identification is there and will sign for it. If not, they bring it back to the nearest DHL store. I'm just hoping that is true. We just want to get it at the DHL store anyway

I wouldn't want that. That might start another problem of reverted mail that will turn out to be a headache itself. Happens here with reverted GCs.

Time to make ammends with the landlord. $$ speaks. 

It's upto you whatever you choose. Weigh all options. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.