6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

My uncle was murdered in Haiti. This attack was premeditated and there is reason to believe there is a target on my family's back. I have tried to expedite this case last week with evidence included and they have refused. I called the embassy in Haiti and they are telling me to email again which I have done again again and i am getting no answer. NVC lines are suspended, what can I do? I am so lost. Our case is DQ OCT 2020. I do not think they even reviewed the expedite file.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Sorry for the loss of your uncle. 

Unfortunately, I don't see an expedite being granted. I think someone's direct parent died and they never got an expedite. This was posted this week. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

No harm in trying again as Haiti embassy says the following and i would try if my family was in danger:

The Immigrant Visa (IV) unit will continue to prioritize cases for adopted children of U.S. citizens, cases in which an applicant would otherwise “age out” of a visa category, and certain emergency cases.  As conditions permit, we will also process a limited number of cases for spouses, fiancés, children, parents, and siblings of U.S. citizens and spouses and children of U.S. Legal Permanent Residents.  Emergency appointment requests for documentarily qualified cases are considered on a case-by-case basis and must be submitted together with supporting documentation, directly to the National Visa Center (NVC) for consideration.  NVC can be contacted at: https://nvc.state.gov/ask.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Timona said:

Sorry for the loss of your uncle. 

Unfortunately, I don't see an expedite being granted. I think someone's direct parent died and they never got an expedite. This was posted this week. 

Was this due to gun violence and premeditated like in my case?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
11 minutes ago, newuser2021 said:

Was this due to gun violence and premeditated like in my case?

I know where you're headed. But I'll just answer your question because you asked. 

No.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
6 hours ago, newuser2021 said:

My uncle was murdered in Haiti. This attack was premeditated and there is reason to believe there is a target on my family's back. I have tried to expedite this case last week with evidence included and they have refused. I called the embassy in Haiti and they are telling me to email again which I have done again again and i am getting no answer. NVC lines are suspended, what can I do? I am so lost. Our case is DQ OCT 2020. I do not think they even reviewed the expedite file.

I don't know what to suggest in regards to expedition but I do know that Haiti is working on June 2020 cases try to stay positive 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.