0410audrey

Medical Exam one day before interview?

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

My fiancé and I just received our consulate-assigned interview date. The morning after we got it, we contacted panel physicians. There are 5 in AU. I haven’t gotten to ask 2 of them, but 3 of them have their next available appointment just one day before our interview date. That is way too close, right?

but what do we do if that’s the only availability? 
You are supposed to wait until you receive your interview date before scheduling the medical, right, but we did it literally within 24 hours of receiving the interview and there’s such scarce availability. 
I'm feeling quite scared that we will have to go back on the waiting list but then have this happen again.

I emailed support at us travel docs asking about this and they gave me an unhelpful canned response saying everyone needs to get a medical exam. 

It is worth noting that the email we received which included our interview also included the following statement:

” we are aware that it may be challenging to obtain an appointment with a panel physician prior to your interview. Please do still attend the visa interview and take whatever medical appointment you can obtain. This will only become more challenging as we release more appointments. In most cases the medical report will be sent to our office electronically. Once you receive the notification from the panel physician you may mail your remaining documents to our Sydney office for processing. If the medical is in paper form at the panel physician will mail this directly to you to forward to us in the office.”

That makes it sound like maybe it’s okay for the medical to be late but I just don’t know. I’m nervous. 
What do you think I should do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, maddie410 said:

Hi,

My fiancé and I just received our consulate-assigned interview date. The morning after we got it, we contacted panel physicians. There are 5 in AU. I haven’t gotten to ask 2 of them, but 3 of them have their next available appointment just one day before our interview date. That is way too close, right?

but what do we do if that’s the only availability? 
You are supposed to wait until you receive your interview date before scheduling the medical, right, but we did it literally within 24 hours of receiving the interview and there’s such scarce availability. 
I'm feeling quite scared that we will have to go back on the waiting list but then have this happen again.

I emailed support at us travel docs asking about this and they gave me an unhelpful canned response saying everyone needs to get a medical exam. 

It is worth noting that the email we received which included our interview also included the following statement:

” we are aware that it may be challenging to obtain an appointment with a panel physician prior to your interview. Please do still attend the visa interview and take whatever medical appointment you can obtain. This will only become more challenging as we release more appointments. In most cases the medical report will be sent to our office electronically. Once you receive the notification from the panel physician you may mail your remaining documents to our Sydney office for processing. If the medical is in paper form at the panel physician will mail this directly to you to forward to us in the office.”

That makes it sound like maybe it’s okay for the medical to be late but I just don’t know. I’m nervous. 
What do you think I should do?

The same thing happened to my husband. His interview was scheduled at the Sydney consulate, with only two weeks warning. The only appointment he could get for the medical was the day before. It wasn't a problem. They can still do the interview. but they won't be able to approve the visa until they get the results. It took about a week for my husband, the visa arrived, and he was on his way! Good luck to you!

@JedMills

I will give a little more info than you asked for in case anyone else wonders (I know I have been stalking all threads here for a year looking for timelines etc)

We filed our I-129F with the USCIS on March 3, 2021. (That is, that’s the date the USCIS received it)

We got our NOA 2 in mid January 2022.

Late March 2022, we got a notice from the NVC that they had our approved I-129F for 60+ days and were still holding onto it. They gave us our case number then also.

At the beginning of June, we got a notice that the NVC sent our case to Sydney.

A few weeks later, we got an email from the US Consulate/Embassy in Sydney asking for some info like our case number, DS-160 receipt, etc. so they could put us on their waitlist for an interview. We responded right away with the requested info. They responded soon after that we were on the waitlist.

Lastly, on the 29th of June, we got another email from Sydney telling us our interview date, which is in late August. They also gave us a list of documents needed for the interview. 
we booked a medical right away but there was not much availability.

Hope that helps. 

Edited by maddie410

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.