musicfan24

Form I-864W for Small Child

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all we just got approved! Timeline:

Submitted Dec 29, 2021, Actively reviewing March 1, 2022, actively reviewing again June 23, 2022. Approved June 24, 2022.

My question is my son is only 5 and I’m filling out the affidavit of support waiver for him as he will automatically become a citizen. Do I sign as the requester or the preparer? If I say preparer it says the requester gave me authorization to fill out the form, but again he’s 5. Also it asks for an SSN and says required. He doesn't have one should I put NA?

Any advice here would be appreciated.

12 hours ago, musicfan24 said:

Do I sign as the requester or the preparer? If I say preparer it says the requester gave me authorization to fill out the form, but again he’s 5.

As your child is under 14 years old, you may sign the I-864W as requestor on his behalf.  You may also list yourself as form preparer, but not required.

12 hours ago, musicfan24 said:

Also it asks for an SSN and says required. He doesn't have one should I put NA?

Put "N/A" or leave blank.

Timeline

Thank you @Chancy you were helping me before so this was the correct route to take. Thank you!

So I fill out everything as his information, then under requestor's statement I would check off "I can read and understand English and read and understand every question, etc" then put my phone number, my email, sign and date and thats it? If I chose not to include my name anywhere on this that is okay too? Basically all about him but I am just signing it seems. 

1 minute ago, musicfan24 said:

Basically all about him but I am just signing it seems.

Correct -- all the entries should be about your child, but the requestor's signature can be your signature.  Of course, you may list your phone number and email address as your child's contact info.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Chancy said:

Correct -- all the entries should be about your child, but the requestor's signature can be your signature.  Of course, you may list your phone number and email address as your child's contact info.

Thank you! Do you think its worth it to put a little note on the additional information page that I filled out on behalf of my son or is it unnecessary?

Just now, musicfan24 said:

Do you think its worth it to put a little note on the additional information page that I filled out on behalf of my son or is it unnecessary?

It won't hurt to put a note as additional info.  Or you may put the note beside your signature, like -- "<signature> (parent signing on behalf of intending immigrant)".

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/30/2022 at 9:56 PM, musicfan24 said:

Hi all we just got approved! Timeline:

Submitted Dec 29, 2021, Actively reviewing March 1, 2022, actively reviewing again June 23, 2022. Approved June 24, 2022.

My question is my son is only 5 and I’m filling out the affidavit of support waiver for him as he will automatically become a citizen. Do I sign as the requester or the preparer? If I say preparer it says the requester gave me authorization to fill out the form, but again he’s 5. Also it asks for an SSN and says required. He doesn't have one should I put NA?

Any advice here would be appreciated.

I'm a little confused here...does your son qualify for CRBA or does he have an I-130 of his own?  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

• 8 months later...
On 7/1/2022 at 10:54 PM, musicfan24 said:

Thank you! Do you think its worth it to put a little note on the additional information page that I filled out on behalf of my son or is it unnecessary?

Hey - I know it is an old thread but can I ask what you did in the i864W as I am facing the same, should I sign as the requester or preparer? would help to know if you checked part 3 1.a. or 2, what you signed in the part 3 and if you filled part 5 or not.

Thanks a bunch.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.