DRLove21

129F withdrawn at NVC, sent back to USCIS with pending I130

5 posts in this topic

When a petition is approved with USCIS and withdrawn at NVC, is it normal for them to send it back to USCIS rather than just canceling it? 

Long story short,  I was in a brief relationship and submitted a fiance petition in early 2021. Things didn't work out,  and a few months later I met another man,  who is now my husband.  Our I130 (CR1) was filed in January 2022. 

I submitted a withdrawal request for the 129F last year as soon as my case was created and I could get the case number,  and months before I married my husband.  NVC finally processed the withdrawal request last week,  and the letter I received states the case was returned to USCIS. 

Since my I130 is still pending, will the return of the 129F (all processed or processing in CSC) negatively affect the I130, or could I get lucky and it forces them to look at my current petition while doing something with the withdrawn petition?  Or did it go back to USCIS because NVC can see I have something else in progress?

I'm guessing this is not a frequent situation,  but has anyone else come across this?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Perfectly normal. Denied visa or withdrawn petition files get sent back to USCIS. Happens all the time and nobody will look or work on your current file any faster because of this. Expect some more scrutiny and your husband might get questioned about it at his interview so make sure he knows about it. But it's not too big of a deal.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Two separate government agencies.  Dept. of State no longer needs the petition you filed with Dept. of Homeland Security (USCIS) so they return the file to USCIS for archival.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

4 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Perfectly normal. Denied visa or withdrawn petition files get sent back to USCIS. Happens all the time and nobody will look or work on your current file any faster because of this. Expect some more scrutiny and your husband might get questioned about it at his interview so make sure he knows about it. But it's not too big of a deal.

I have been waiting for NVC to cancel for so long,  "returned to USCIS" just wasn't the response I was expecting I guess. Makes sense. But we are expecting the extra scrutiny... he's known since day 1 so we should be fine.  

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, DRLove21 said:

I have been waiting for NVC to cancel for so long,  "returned to USCIS" just wasn't the response I was expecting I guess. Makes sense. But we are expecting the extra scrutiny... he's known since day 1 so we should be fine.  

You're just confusing the terminology.  NVC....DID...stop processing your case towards an interview.  The petition belongs to USCIS, so they send it back for the file.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.