Biabarida

Can family provide a I-134 For Visa Waiver entry?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello. Thank you in advance for your help with this question.

Myself, my wife, and my kids are travelling to the US for 2 months. We have about 20,000 dollars in our bank account, but we want to be thorough. Can my parents fill out an I-134 that we then present to the CBP agent upon entry into the USA? They are providing us room and board while we are in the US. 

What documentation should they provide? 

Thanks you so much. You all have been much better help than the actual government. Once again....

*** Moved from Bringing Family of USC forum to Tourist Visas forum ***

39 minutes ago, Biabarida said:

What documentation should they provide?

Nothing from your parents.  What your wife needs to bring is proof of ties to her home country, not proof of ties to the US.  Having USC spouse and kids is already a strong tie to the US.  Do not make it worse by showing more ties to the US, like an I-134 from USC in-laws.  Focus on evidence showing that your wife will return to her home country in a timely manner.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Thank you. I was thinking that we would show that she had room and board provided for her so our 20000 USD would be enough for her not to be a financial burden on the US. Does that make sense?

Our money is in separate bank accounts and kept in the US. But we are legally married. Will that be a problem if I have my financial information and a lot more money than her account?

We don't have any property as we live on her families property. We don't pay rent or utilities. Her job is a yearly job that gets renewed every summer. She has two cars in her name. Insurance, our son is registered in a local school.... A bank account. What is some other information that we could use to prove ties? Photos of our home?

Sam

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Biabarida said:

so our 20000 USD would be enough for her not to be a financial burden on the US.

$20,000 is a lot of money despite rising inflation. If you’re going to be refused entry it’s not going to be for lack of funds. You’re overthinking it.

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.