27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 1/8/2023 at 4:56 PM, Sou said:

Thank you for the info! I might do that too. But where did you see that the wait times for the doctor was 5-6 weeks? Can i also ask you how long after the medical exam you had your interview? 

Nika P is right, I just checked the reservation roster.

Regarding my interview, I had my interview 7 days after the doctor appointment, because I took an estimated guess on when I would get the interview and booked the appointment in advance.

Timeline
Just now, Artuicune said:

Nika P is right, I just checked the reservation roster.

Regarding my interview, I had my interview 7 days after the doctor appointment, because I took an estimated guess on when I would get the interview and booked the appointment in advance.

Oh waaw okay thank you! I just had one more question about the medical. Did you ask for a copy of the medical results so you’ll be able to submit that with the form I-485? (So there is no medical check needed in the US). 

Timeline
Just now, Sou said:

Oh waaw okay thank you! I just had one more question about the medical. Did you ask for a copy of the medical results so you’ll be able to submit that with the form I-485? (So there is no medical check needed in the US). 

I did not ask for a second copy, but you receive a personal copy in any case in a smaller envelope with your results.

I don't think it's necessary to include the medical with the I-485 as long as you're doing AOS soon after entry I thought, since we have done one prior entry? Can anyone confirm this?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Artuicune said:

I did not ask for a second copy, but you receive a personal copy in any case in a smaller envelope with your results.

I don't think it's necessary to include the medical with the I-485 as long as you're doing AOS soon after entry I thought, since we have done one prior entry? Can anyone confirm this?

I dont know im still researching everything. 

i thought you needed this https://www.uscis.gov/i-693 when you file for I-485. Meaning you’ll have to do a medical check in the US But ive read somewhere that you can use the medical exam you had in belgium as long as you have a sealed envelope with the info. But i cannot find where i read that atm. I’ll try to look for it.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sou said:

I dont know im still researching everything. 

i thought you needed this https://www.uscis.gov/i-693 when you file for I-485. Meaning you’ll have to do a medical check in the US But ive read somewhere that you can use the medical exam you had in belgium as long as you have a sealed envelope with the info. But i cannot find where i read that atm. I’ll try to look for it.

Nvm i looked at the instructions for the form  693. I read it wrong. Its just the vaccination requirements that you’ll have to proof again??

Sorry for the confusion.

What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas?
If you were admitted as a:
A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or
B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and
C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:
(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination; and
(a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or
(b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and
you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver.
(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will need to have the Part 10. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1. - 5., 7., and 10.
of Form I-693.

Edited by Sou

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sou said:

Nvm i looked at the instructions for the form  693. I read it wrong. Its just the vaccination requirements that you’ll have to proof again??

Sorry for the confusion.

What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas?
If you were admitted as a:
A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or
B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and
C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:
(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination; and
(a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or
(b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and
you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver.
(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will need to have the Part 10. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1. - 5., 7., and 10.
of Form I-693.

Right, i have read this before as well. What confuses me still is whether you still need to provide vaccination records. If all were completed before/at the medical in origin country, do you still need to provide a new vaccination record, or is this only if part of your vaccinations were not completed at the time of the medical?

I find the wording a bit confusing.

Timeline
Just now, Artuicune said:

Right, i have read this before as well. What confuses me still is whether you still need to provide vaccination records. If all were completed before/at the medical in origin country, do you still need to provide a new vaccination record, or is this only if part of your vaccinations were not completed at the time of the medical?

I find the wording a bit confusing.

I KNOW! That’s also the case with every single one of their other documents!! It’s honestly so annoying.

But i do not know myself. if you happen to find an answer please let me know!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 1/19/2023 at 5:58 PM, Nika P said:

Hey Sou, you'll find that out when you schedule your appointment. For example, for Dr. Nardone you'll find the booking dates here: https://progenda.be/calendars/docteur-nardone-raphael-medecine-generale-panel-physician-visa-schaerbeek?locale=en

With the earliest date being Feb 17.

Hi nika, could you please share with me the email for Dr nardone I will really appreciate if you can send it to me I will appreciate your help 

Edited by TBoneTX
e-mail removed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

An e-mail address has been removed.  This is a VERY public forum.  Please use the Private Message feature.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.