maui-mau

Do I have to reupload my updated documents on the CEAC website?

10 posts in this topic

On 6/19/2022 at 1:02 AM, nastra30 said:

Since you are (were) a child of a US citizen your age was frozen at the time of filing so you won't age out (your age is locked-in) regardless of what CEAC is saying. No need to worry; Embassy is aware of these laws. 

Hopefully, you are not married?

2 minutes ago, Laenahnom said:

Definitely, they need up-to-date data about you, of course with all up-to-date documents

Will there still be time for them to accept my documents? My interview schedule is on Jul. 11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, maui-mau said:

ohh noo, is there a possibility i get in trouble or something if it doesnt reflect on their end during the interview?? :(((

My suggestion will be to just take the updated documents to the interview, and not worry about uploading to CEAC. You are already DQ'd.

Edited by nastra30

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings!

But isn't that once you submitted those documents you can no longer open CEAC online?

If I am not mistaken you will only bring those new and current documents during your interview, unless the Consul will ask you to upload on CEAC which they will be the only one who can open it for you once there at the embassy.

22 hours ago, maui-mau said:

Will there still be time for them to accept my documents? My interview schedule is on Jul. 11

If you are already documentarily qualified, NVC will not review or accept your updated documents.  But, the updated documents will still be available in CEAC for the counsel to view prior to the interview.  That is what is important.  Lately at USEM there have been a number of cases of persons showing up for their interview with updated documents, being told to first go back outside the Embassy and upload them to CEAC, and then return to complete the interview.  The nice ladies who hang out on the sidewalk in front of the embassy offering to hold peoples phones for P500 or more, also charge like P250 a page to help upload documents to CEAC for desperate visa interviewees.  So way better that it was done it in advance.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

On 6/25/2022 at 4:47 AM, nastra30 said:

My suggestion will be to just take the updated documents to the interview, and not worry about uploading to CEAC. You are already DQ'd.

12 hours ago, top_secret said:

If you are already documentarily qualified, NVC will not review or accept your updated documents.  But, the updated documents will still be available in CEAC for the counsel to view prior to the interview.  That is what is important.  Lately at USEM there have been a number of cases of persons showing up for their interview with updated documents, being told to first go back outside the Embassy and upload them to CEAC, and then return to complete the interview.  The nice ladies who hang out on the sidewalk in front of the embassy offering to hold peoples phones for P500 or more, also charge like P250 a page to help upload documents to CEAC for desperate visa interviewees.  So way better that it was done it in advance.

THIS IS VERY HELPFUL!! THANK YOUU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.