Beth Moskov

How long does it take for an approved K-1 to be issued?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Greetings all We just want to get a sense of folks experience. My fiance's k1 Visa was approved on June 5th. The embassy said it would take about 5 days to process the visa and then he could pick it up from their processing center. It is still not ready and CEAC shows that the application is ready for interview but hasn't been updated since the interview to show that the interview has happened and that the visa has been issued. I've heard all kinds of crazy stories about the time it can take. Would love to hear from others about how much time it takes. Thank you! 

Each embassy/consulate is a little different in their processing and timing.

Best thing to do is to look up similar Timelines with Algiers, Algeria.

Unfortunately, there isn't that many K1 issued from Algiers, or the Algiers K1 applicants are not in visajourney or they have not updated their visajourney Timeline for others to see the data?

But the Dept of State data for May 2022, Algiers had no K1 issued.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyNIVIssuances/MAY 2022 - NIV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

For April 2022, four K1s were issued.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyNIVIssuances/APRIL 2022 - NIV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

You are welcome to look at my Timeline or other's Timeline.

But like I said it is better to find others filing at the same embassy/consulate. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

The visa is never approved until the status shows "issued", doesn't matter what they say at the actual interview. 

Once the visa is actually approved (ie ISSUED) everything should go fast, it doesn't take long for them to print the visa and get it into the passport. 5 days, like you were told, sounds normal. 

You just have to wait for the visa to get approved at this point. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Thanks so much It's now been a month CEAC website still shows the application as ready like we can book the interview but does not even show that he had the interview which was on June 5th So the website has not been updated since June 5th.. I've also read places where this can happen his passport is on someone's desk somewhere. We've emailed the embassy number of times and still haven't heard back. I found the email of the State department desk officer for Algeria and Washington who was on leave but hopefully he can help. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.