Jess13

No DQ letter, but approved- minterview soon? (split)

6 posts in this topic

Hi there, I’m having the same issue. Didn’t receive a DQ letter, also revived the same follow up note, all documents state they are approved. And I’ve also been asked to upload proof of income (though I’ve already uploaded all asset information and w2) I am qualifying my husband through assets, did make the mistake of including his income ( even though he is an Independent contractor for a US company). So my question is, should we assume we are moving on to the interview stage and just wait it out? Or should we go ahead and upload a joint sponsor as well and risk going to the back of the line again? Author, did you finally receive a DQ message, or did you just get moved on to the interview? 

33 minutes ago, Jess13 said:

Hi there, I’m having the same issue. Didn’t receive a DQ letter, also revived the same follow up note, all documents state they are approved. And I’ve also been asked to upload proof of income (though I’ve already uploaded all asset information and w2) I am qualifying my husband through assets, did make the mistake of including his income ( even though he is an Independent contractor for a US company). So my question is, should we assume we are moving on to the interview stage and just wait it out? Or should we go ahead and upload a joint sponsor as well and risk going to the back of the line again? Author, did you finally receive a DQ message, or did you just get moved on to the interview? 

Who is the sponsor? You or your husband...

NVC states if income is not sufficient you need to provide proof of income:

paystubs or letter of employment: Sometimes you'll pass to DQ if you've provided W2s/1099s and other times they'll want additional information. 

You are not DQ'ed until you receive the DQ letter. I would upload evidence of paystubs and a letter explaining the petitioner's income will either continue after the move or will not continue after the move. 

We included: assets information, statement about W2s/1099s (not available as the petitioner works overseas) and contract AND letter explaining we were using assets AND petitioners job would not continue after moving back to the US. Might sound like overkill but we were DQ'ed. 

Evidence of income

If you completed Form I-864I-864A, or I-864EZ and the income reported on this form or your tax transcript reflects income below the poverty guidelines for the year the form was submitted, submit evidence of your income. This can include evidence of current employment or self-employment, recent pay statements, a letter from the employer on business letterhead – showing dates of employment, wages paid, and type of work performed – or other financial data.

• For those who are unemployed or retired, submit a photocopy of ongoing income from other means, such as:
    • retirement benefits;
    • other household members' income; or
    • other significant assets.

I’m sponsoring my husband. I did upload w2s which didn’t  show sufficient income. But I did show more than 100k in liquid assets including multiple bank statements, trading accounts, Robinhood, crypto accounts and a reit account. Bank accounts alone were 55k. They are still asking for me to upload income and say that I ‘May include a joint sponsor’ I take this to mean that the consular will decide at the interview what will happen. And it’s my choice to provide a second sponsor to avoid any delays. Just not sure why I didn’t receive a DQ letter. 

3 hours ago, Jess13 said:

I’m sponsoring my husband. I did upload w2s which didn’t  show sufficient income. But I did show more than 100k in liquid assets including multiple bank statements, trading accounts, Robinhood, crypto accounts and a reit account. Bank accounts alone were 55k. They are still asking for me to upload income and say that I ‘May include a joint sponsor’ I take this to mean that the consular will decide at the interview what will happen. And it’s my choice to provide a second sponsor to avoid any delays. Just not sure why I didn’t receive a DQ letter. 

Generally you upload W2s/1099s if 1) you submitted the tax return not a tax transcript OR 2) you filed MJS 

W2s (as far as I understand it) do not show current income you need to either provide.

1.) Proof of Income (pay stubs/ letter of employment)

AND/OR

2.) A signed statement explaining you are unemployed (will not be employed by the same job in the US)  

AND/OR  you're using assets/you have a joint sponsor. 

Unfortunately these days, you can't just expect the financial evidence to speak for itself... some people use bank accounts as PROOF OF DOMICILE. 

I've seen this RFE has become more common over the past few months. Sometimes people are asked for proof of  income/employment and sometimes they aren't and are DQ'ed. 

You can prepare a joint sponsor if you want... but you will still have to upload something responding to the request for proof of income. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** post and replies split from other thread by other member.  Please ask questions about your own case in your own thread so as not to confuse members trying to help and hijack another members thread ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

12 hours ago, Jess13 said:

do not wait it out. If you are not DQed, you will not get an interview letter. I waited and wasted a month. Once I sent it proof of income that they approved, I was DQed 5 weeks after, and my interview letter came another 4 weeks after that. You won't be put in the back of the line.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.