Eric C

Waiting for K1 Visa Interview in Casablanca

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you @JeanneAdil!

Yes, almost all documents are already complete. By the way, I've seen that the fiche anthropometrique has a validity of 3months only. Is this validity only for Morocco use? I've asked this since the other police records from other countrues are valid for a month. Kindly enlighten us with this please.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, Eric C said:

Thank you @JeanneAdil!

Yes, almost all documents are already complete. By the way, I've seen that the fiche anthropometrique has a validity of 3months only. Is this validity only for Morocco use? I've asked this since the other police records from other countrues are valid for a month. Kindly enlighten us with this please.

don't worry about the 90 day expiration and yes for Morocco and any  embassy in Moroc that requires this for travel or visa

ours for IR1 had to be submitted to NVC and was way over the 90 days by time of interview

if the CO is picking,   he/she may ask for another but it is doubtful

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Many of the people commenting are not familiar with the Casa Consulate. This is the most up to date information:

1. Casa schedules their own interviews. They’ll send you an email notifying you of your appointment. You do nothing but wait for the interview email.

2. For K1’s it’s taking 3-4 months to obtain an interview. CR1/IR1 is faster. Many in the Morocco specific visa group are stuck waiting as well so you’re not alone.

3. You can complete the DS-160 now or once you receive the interview email. We say wait because you don’t know how long you’ll be waiting for an interview since in the past it’s taken more than the 3-4 months. Much can happen in between those months and you want the information to be up to date. You do not need to submit the DS-160 to get an interview. As long as you have the Ready status you’re on track. 
4. If you go over the application time limit, Casa automatically waives that expiration and continues in with the interview, so don’t worry about it expiring.

5. We recommend you obtain up to date unexpired police and military record. Casa is unpredictable and each CO has a preference. I wouldn’t risk having an expired document and get placed in AP. Instead be overly prepared and have it.

6. Attached is a clear checklist of the documents you’ll need. We have samples in our group as well. 

Moroccan Visa Journey this is the Morocco specific group. 

0E94218F-2EB0-48ED-8A6D-2307480250CE.jpeg

Edited by Josie333
Added more info

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Josie333 said:

Many of the people commenting are not familiar with the Casa Consulate. This is the most up to date information:

1. Casa schedules their own interviews. They’ll send you an email notifying you of your appointment. You do nothing but wait for the interview email.

2. For K1’s it’s taking 3-4 months to obtain an interview. CR1/IR1 is faster. Many in the Morocco specific visa group are stuck waiting as well so you’re not alone.

3. You can complete the DS-160 now or once you receive the interview email. We say wait because you don’t know how long you’ll be waiting for an interview since in the past it’s taken more than the 3-4 months. Much can happen in between those months and you want the information to be up to date. You do not need to submit the DS-160 to get an interview. As long as you have the Ready status you’re on track. 
4. If you go over the application time limit, Casa automatically waives that expiration and continues in with the interview, so don’t worry about it expiring.

5. We recommend you obtain up to date unexpired police and military record. Casa is unpredictable and each CO has a preference. I wouldn’t risk having an expired document and get placed in AP. Instead be overly prepared and have it.

6. Attached is a clear checklist of the documents you’ll need. We have samples in our group as well. 

Moroccan Visa Journey this is the Morocco specific group. 

0E94218F-2EB0-48ED-8A6D-2307480250CE.jpeg

Note: for K1 it’s I-134 and DS-160

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

the ds 160 is the application for the visa

and as i stated above u fill it our after NVC sends the case to casa

The Second Step: Applying for a Visa

The NVC will mail you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview.

@Eric C i'm in the same boat, case ready ince march 31 and still no interview scheduled, we've sent tones of emails with no response, i tried to call the consulate no response either, we are lost in this process, have you heard anything menwhile? 

btw, a week ago i received a notification by USCIS that a document has been sent and would arrive by june 23 but nothing came. Don't know what that document is.

Timeline
2 hours ago, bsoraya said:

@Eric C i'm in the same boat, case ready ince march 31 and still no interview scheduled, we've sent tones of emails with no response, i tried to call the consulate no response either, we are lost in this process, have you heard anything menwhile? 

btw, a week ago i received a notification by USCIS that a document has been sent and would arrive by june 23 but nothing came. Don't know what that document is.

Thanks for sharing, @bsoraya! We also called, but it's just thru the call center. And they just said to wait and they don't have any visibility when the consulate will schedule the interviews. We are nearing our 3rd month of waiting and I'm keeping my hopes high to receive a good news. I wonder if there are any other who were case ready before March 31 and still waiting also. I only know @ellienellie21 who has been case ready since Feb10, but still no interview date up to now.

Edited by Eric C

Timeline

Thank you very much guys for your valuable info. I will also keep you updated on any news and how things went. So far, we haven't heard back even with a congressional inquiry. We're hoping to hear back soon but so far there hasn't been any clear indication that we would. Our case has been ready since Feb 10th.

Timeline
On 6/25/2022 at 1:54 PM, bsoraya said:

@ellienellie21 i send prayers that we all hear some good news soon, keep us posted please, this wait is so frustrating 

Of course, I'll update you as soon as I hear any news. I wish us all the best and to hear back soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.