Eric C

Waiting for K1 Visa Interview in Casablanca

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello! Our case has been "Ready" since March 31 and we haven't received any interview date from the Consulate up to now. Are there anyone here who are also waiting for their interview? How long have you been waiting?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Most K-1s must schedule their own interview.  Why does your profile say Philippines if the interview is in Casa????  

The immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and money.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

yeah,   which country?

has the beneficary completed the ds 160 to be able to even see the interview schedule online to make an appointment?  Casablanca does it this way?

Has the bene for Casa done both security checks and is ready?

have u completed the I 134 and gotten your 2021tax returns and W2 sent to bene for the interview?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Most K-1s must schedule their own interview.  Why does your profile say Philippines if the interview is in Casa????  

The immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and money.

We have requested for transfer of interview in Casablanca since my fiancé is currently working there. 

Timeline
Just now, Eric C said:

We have requested for transfer of interview in Casablanca since my fiancé is currently working there. 

Has the transfer been approved?  Typically, the consulate will not schedule a K-1 interview.  It is self scheduled. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Has the transfer been approved?  Typically, the consulate will not schedule a K-1 interview.  It is self scheduled. 

Yes. Transfer has been done. We already received an email from the embassy that documents have already been sent to Casablanca on March 29, then, status became "Ready" on March 31. As per the other applicants in Morocco, it was the Consulate who gives the interview date and not the applicant. I have also contacted the consulate (call center) and told me just to wait patiently. Just not sure if the procedure already has changed in Casablanca.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Eric C said:

As per the other applicants in Morocco, it was the Consulate who gives the interview date and not the applicant.

@JeanneAdil

Timeline

Casa embassy goes back and forth on who schedules the interview

embassy or Moroccan  / it can be either 

but nothing will happen till the ds 160 is filled out

then the beneficary will get the notice of drs (also listed on embassy web page) and the 2 criminal reports needed 

des casiers judiciaires

and a "fiche anthropomtrique" at the local police office.

the notice will explain all original documents that  are needed from  petition and bene 

notice will explain how the interview is scheduled 

BTW casa has a long wait time 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Casa embassy goes back and forth on who schedules the interview

embassy or Moroccan  / it can be either 

but nothing will happen till the ds 160 is filled out

then the beneficary will get the notice of drs (also listed on embassy web page) and the 2 criminal reports needed 

des casiers judiciaires

and a "fiche anthropomtrique" at the local police office.

the notice will explain all original documents that  are needed from  petition and bene 

notice will explain how the interview is scheduled 

BTW casa has a long wait time 

DS 160 has been filled out but not yet submitted. Need to have the photo uploaded.

I am a bit confused since the applicant who was approved last Decemeber told us that they have filled out the DS160 when the Consulate/ Embassy sent to them their Packet/ Requirements needed for the interview. This, we haven't received yet. So, should we submit now the DS 160 already?

I am sorry if I have lots of questions, just wanted a little guidance from you guys, especially those from Morocco.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Eric C said:

DS 160 has been filled out but not yet submitted. Need to have the photo uploaded.

I am a bit confused since the applicant who was approved last Decemeber told us that they have filled out the DS160 when the Consulate/ Embassy sent to them their Packet/ Requirements needed for the interview. This, we haven't received yet. So, should we submit now the DS 160 already?

I am sorry if I have lots of questions, just wanted a little guidance from you guys, especially those from Morocco.

nothing will happen till the ds 160 is submitted 

and understand the other person may not have had the info right   / perhaps the fiancee filled it out and the embassy asked for a new one (updated one) for the interview as the wait time is long

u can not schedule till the ds 160 is filled out as u need a document to take to the dr for the medical exam and that comes after the ds 160 is done

dont'   do the medical till u know date for interview as visas expire 6 months from date of medical exam

have u done a timeline on your profile yet ?  this is important to the VJ community to give u best answers

Timeline

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

u will note the 2nd step after the petition is to apply for the visa / the ds 160 is actually the application for the visa itself 

The Second Step: Applying for a Visa

The NVC will mail you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview.

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

u will note the 2nd step after the petition is to apply for the visa / the ds 160 is actually the application for the visa itself 

The Second Step: Applying for a Visa

The NVC will mail you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview.

Thanks, Adil.

Once we have submitted the DS160, is it okay to schedule the interview ourselves (if possible) without receiving Packet 3 and 4? 

Timeline

Casa embassy use to schedule all  K1's (2009) 

then they went to the petitioner /bene scheduling them

then it was back to embassy sehedules the interview

u have to wait for instructions from embassy 

actually this embassy is good at giving u exact instructions for this part of the process

they will list the documents they need to see 

list the drs for medical 

BTW the drs have been backed up so if u can not get an appontment prior to interview ,  schedule it as soon as possible

and go to interview/  the case will go into AP (say refused on CEAC site ) waiting for medical reports / never miss an interview

and refused is not a denial 

Timeline

the person will also need the criminal report from the country of birth

if the bene did not get one before leaving the Philippines ,  you need to get it for the interview or the case will go into AP for needed additional documents

this document and the Moroccan 2 criminal reports need to be in both the native language with English translations

Embassy will want all original documents and English translations 

birth certificate

passport profile page 

full lists of documents needed for the interview are on the following site 

https://ma.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Hope that is a help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.