Tiffany&Akram

Working on my K1 visa packet....

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

and honestly I'm nervous as hell that I'm not going to do something correctly and get denied.  I've got just about everything together and filled out but I have a couple of questions especially with the I-129 form

1. On many of the videos I've watched on YouTube about assembling the packets, they included the terms of service to the dating site they met on to proove it wasn't a mail order bride kind of thing.  We didn't meet through a dating site, we met through a mutal friend and talked (and still talk) to each other on Facebook and Messenger.  Should I include a terms of service for Facebook in my packet?

2. I work a full time job but I also do Doordash part time as a 2nd job.  I was told to include that but I've was told since I'm technically self employed with doordash I should put in my own address in under it.  Should I use my address or should I put in the address for DoorDash?

3. under Information about your parents, my father is deceased so what do I put under City of Residence?  Where he last lived?

4.The section on page 7 "Your Beneficiary's Name and Address in His or Her Native Alphabet" confuses me.  Am I suppose to write his name and address in the Arabic language? Because I have no clue how to write those letters.  All the videos I've watched on YouTube they left that section blank.

5. When seeing samples of items such as  the letter of intent to marry, The thank you letter, declaration of how we met, etc. I have seen 2 different addresses for the USCIS listed on them. One of them was a PO Box in Dallas TX and the other was a suite in Lewisville TX, which one do I use?   I've also seen 2 different addresses on where to send the application to listed on their website on Both in Dallas.  

Thank you in advance

First relax and don't over think it.

Not all situations apply to you.

If you did not meet at a dating site then skip that

If self employed than your home address. It is your business address unless you have an office.

I would put where he last lived. On quick glance, I did not see a place to indicate deceased.

Skip Arabic letters.

Use the address where the you are sending your petition to.

Over the years, USCIS has changed addresses where petitions are sent so what you see online is a result of those changes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

@Tiffany&Akram

1. No

2. Your address 

3. https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/687243-form-i-129f-dad-deceased-what-about-his-residence/?do=findComment&comment=9423018

4. He can write all this down on a sheet of sort and email  you a scan.  You can then insert this image into the I-129F PDF or you can print it and glue it in place. 

5. Do not put any addresses in the letters of intent. We did not. 

See: https://www.visajourney.com/guides/k1-fiance-visa/ 

https://www.visajourney.com/forms/examples/

Timeline
4 hours ago, randy32 said:

If self employed than your home address. It is your business address unless you have an office.

I honestly dont know if I'm considered self employed or a hired contractor.   I deliver food for them and they dont take taxes out of the pay. I'm given a 1099-g form from them instead of a w-2

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mike E said:

@Tiffany&Akram

4. He can write all this down on a sheet of sort and email  you a scan.  You can then insert this image into the I-129F PDF or you can print it and glue it in place. 

Wouldn't something glued in place on the form send a red flag?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Tiffany&Akram said:

Wouldn't something glued in place on the form send a red flag?

It might cause a problem when USCIS goes to scan the form electronically  and the automatic document feeder jams and tears the physical cut and paste.  

I’ve a simple solution: make a photo copy of that page.  And mail in  the photo copy.  

Edited by Mike E

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.