T&M

Request For Evidence - I-751

80 posts in this topic

Thanks lucyrich! I read all the was contain in 21.5 I’m definitely a B. Once I submit a cover letter and additional evidence I should be good to go :thumbs:

I didn't mean to inspire complete confidence. Remember that one of the listed reasons for assigning a fraud level of "A" is "Insufficient evidence". They don't publically tell us exactly where the sufficient/insufficient boundary lies, so I wouldn't be so confident you're on the right side of it.

And remember that you DO carry the burden of proving the validity of your marriage; they don't have to prove you've committed fraud. If it comes down to it, the interview process will give you the opportunity of showing that validity. It's up to you to politely cooperate enough to make sure the interview results in them finding you eligible for approval.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

Thanks lucyrich! I read all the was contain in 21.5 I’m definitely a B. Once I submit a cover letter and additional evidence I should be good to go :thumbs:

I didn't mean to inspire complete confidence. Remember that one of the listed reasons for assigning a fraud level of "A" is "Insufficient evidence". They don't publically tell us exactly where the sufficient/insufficient boundary lies, so I wouldn't be so confident you're on the right side of it.

And remember that you DO carry the burden of proving the validity of your marriage; they don't have to prove you've committed fraud. If it comes down to it, the interview process will give you the opportunity of showing that validity. It's up to you to politely cooperate enough to make sure the interview results in them finding you eligible for approval.

Don't worry; you didn't inspire me with complete confidence. I do know from the bottom of my heart that all is true. I will give them what is applicable. Explain the NAs and that's it. I'm not going to stress over this. Good day :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Did you read the beginning post -- they already don't believe him, based on the evidence he submitted! Hence the RFE! If he continues to ignore the very wise advice he has received in this thread from many people, they are going to be in trouble -- I'm not convinced he will even get to the interview stage based on the evidence he plans on submitting. I could be wrong.

Yes, I did read the beggining post. I even read the whole thread. I just don't believe that USCIC would deny a legitimate couple due to lack of financial evidence. I haven't heard of a denied I-751 when it was filed jointly, but if it ever happened, I would be really interested in reading about it.

How about the following links.... AOS denied, when petitioned jointly. It seems that it does happen, and the mess afterwards is time consuming and expensive to clean up.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/lofivers...php/t60230.html

or this

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/lofivers...php/t60230.html

There are others, I just did an "AOS denied" search and chose two here.

-P

This is about denied AOS, not joint I-751.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't worry; you didn't inspire me with complete confidence. I do know from the bottom of my heart that all is true. I will give them what is applicable. Explain the NAs and that's it. I'm not going to stress over this. Good day :)

let us know how it goes. :rolleyes:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Timeline
Yes, I did read the beggining post. I even read the whole thread. I just don't believe that USCIC would deny a legitimate couple due to lack of financial evidence. I haven't heard of a denied I-751 when it was filed jointly, but if it ever happened, I would be really interested in reading about it.

Most aliens that marry for fraudulent interests and to gain immigration benefit would, if smart and methodical, await the removal of conditions before ending the marriage and going their separate ways, literally and figuratively (even if they never resided together). Why would they take a chance at being discovered in the waiver process, if they were headed toward the proverbial finish line with the consenting USC?

If what you are asserting were true, then USCIS would be approving each and every one of them. Not all marriage-based cases that involve fraud, either outright fraud committed by consenting parties or unilateral fraud, where the USC is none the wiser, are discovered at the AOS stage, you know. Believe me, I can attest to that.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Most aliens that marry for fraudulent interests and to gain immigration benefit would, if smart and methodical, await the removal of conditions before ending the marriage and going their separate ways, literally and figuratively (even if they never resided together). Why would they take a chance at being discovered in the waiver process, if they were headed toward the proverbial finish line with the consenting USC?

If what you are asserting were true, then USCIS would be approving each and every one of them. Not all marriage-based cases that involve fraud, either outright fraud committed by consenting parties or unilateral fraud, where the USC is none the wiser, are discovered at the AOS stage, you know. Believe me, I can attest to that.

How do you know so much about immigration fraud and how it's discovered? :whistle:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

How do you know so much about immigration fraud and how it's discovered? :whistle:

Now I would think that this would be quite obvious, don't you?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Timeline

I bet a lot of them never get discovered at all!

The issue here is that the OP's marriage is not fraudulent, so even if USCIS investigate the hell out of it, they shouldn't find a reason to deny his I-751. So, in this particular case, even the lack of evidence shouldn't preclude the OP's spouse from removing conditions, imho. On the other hand, I imagine that most legitimate couples have a lot of financial stuff together - you just can't help accumulating it, it just happens. Something, however, tells me that the OP is very young, so that may be the reason they don't have lots of joint assets or liabilities.

Of course, I'm aware of how the legal system works - it's never what you know, it's what you can prove :D

Filed AOS from F-1

Timeline
Now I would think that this would be quite obvious, don't you?

Well, not to me :)

Filed AOS from F-1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I bet a lot of them never get discovered at all!

The issue here is that the OP's marriage is not fraudulent, so even if USCIS investigate the hell out of it, they shouldn't find a reason to deny his I-751. So, in this particular case, even the lack of evidence shouldn't preclude the OP's spouse from removing conditions, imho. On the other hand, I imagine that most legitimate couples have a lot of financial stuff together - you just can't help accumulating it, it just happens. Something, however, tells me that the OP is very young, so that may be the reason they don't have lots of joint assets or liabilities.

Of course, I'm aware of how the legal system works - it's never what you know, it's what you can prove :D

We don't know that, all we have is his word to go by, he hasn't proven it sufficiently to me :whistle:

Perhaps that was a bit of a facetious statement, but I have learned through this process that you can't leave anything to chance.

Sure, they might not have a lot of joint assets or liabilities, but there's lots of other things he could submit (many of which have been listed in detail in this thread) to cover it. A letter of explanation is not going to cut it, IMHO. I predict he and his spouse are going to get hauled in for an interview, and if he presents himself to the adjudicator as he has in this thread (ie. the jealousy comments come to mind here), he's going to be in trouble.

I went into preparing my I-751 submission with the attitude that I will not leave any doubt that I have a bonafide, ongoing relationship with my husband. I might have erred on the side of excess, but I wasn't going to leave the door open for questioning.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

We don't know that, all we have is his word to go by, he hasn't proven it sufficiently to me :whistle:

Perhaps that was a bit of a facetious statement, but I have learned through this process that you can't leave anything to chance.

Sure, they might not have a lot of joint assets or liabilities, but there's lots of other things he could submit (many of which have been listed in detail in this thread) to cover it. A letter of explanation is not going to cut it, IMHO. I predict he and his spouse are going to get hauled in for an interview, and if he presents himself to the adjudicator as he has in this thread (ie. the jealousy comments come to mind here), he's going to be in trouble.

I went into preparing my I-751 submission with the attitude that I will not leave any doubt that I have a bonafide, ongoing relationship with my husband. I might have erred on the side of excess, but I wasn't going to leave the door open for questioning.

This first time of filed I-751 form I enclosed: Two letters from friends; Bank Statements. That's it.

Next week I'm going to submit: explanation letter, notarize letter from my parents saying we live at this current address, copy of the tax statement for 2006 showing we filled as a married couple,

letter form an elder saying he sees us attending bible instructing meetings every week, copies of her State ID and my DL, card signature from the Bank showing joint ownership on checking and saving accounts, copy of the title of our car showing joint ownership and Arizona State Retirement. I might throw in some cards.

If you still think I'm in trouble. Then you're crazy. Being that I'm young, (yes, Jewel) they'll understand. Anybody with common sense will understand. With that being said. State some facts that my marriage is fraudulent detective.

Edited by T&M

This first time of filed I-751 form I enclosed: Two letters from friends; Bank Statements. That's it.

Next week I'm going to submit: explanation letter, notarize letter from my parents saying we live at this current address, copy of the tax statement for 2006 showing we filled as a married couple,

letter form an elder saying he sees us attending bible instructing meetings every week, copies of her State ID and my DL, card signature from the Bank showing joint ownership on checking and saving accounts, copy of the title of our car showing joint ownership and Arizona State Retirement. I might throw in some cards.

If you still think I'm in trouble. Then you're crazy. Being that I'm young, (yes, Jewel) they'll understand. Anybody with common sense will understand. With that being said. State some facts that my marriage is fraudulent detective.

You came to the forum asking for help and advise..... it was given..... you did not like what you were being told.... you then attacked the people who were trying to help you....

You say "Anybody with common sense will understand" well if we have all learnt one thing it is that with USCIS common sense does not play any part in the immigration process...

You think you now have enough evidence "Being that I'm young, (yes, Jewel) they'll understand" well they make no allowances for age either young or older.... we all have to supply the same evidence.... But of course you being young know better than those of us who have been around a bit and have learned that sometimes we can be wrong and that we do need to listen to other.....

Well good Luck

Kez

You came to the forum asking for help and advise..... it was given..... you did not like what you were being told.... you then attacked the people who were trying to help you....

You say "Anybody with common sense will understand" well if we have all learnt one thing it is that with USCIS common sense does not play any part in the immigration process...

You think you now have enough evidence "Being that I'm young, (yes, Jewel) they'll understand" well they make no allowances for age either young or older.... we all have to supply the same evidence.... But of course you being young know better than those of us who have been around a bit and have learned that sometimes we can be wrong and that we do need to listen to other.....

Well good Luck

Kez

Sigh. I did not like what was being told? I simply listened and applied what was applicable. I can't be force to send something that I don't have :( I wonder why that’s so hard to understand. Why isn't anybod telling this person they're in trouble:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=68499

I wonder what makes her evidence so special that I'm lacking. Hm. Whatever though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.