T&M

Request For Evidence - I-751

80 posts in this topic

The things I've submitted when I had filed the I-751 form was 3 letters saying they know and my spouse and I and a bank statement showing a joint account. Today I receive a Request For Evidence paper telling me that I need to submit:

Birth Certificate: I don't have any children

Copies of Joint tax returns: I simply didn't make enough to file jointly (I'm a sub)

Copies of mortgage agreements: I don't have any damn mortgage

Copies of Insurance policies: Don't have any whatsoever. We go to Mexico for medical. She can't drive yet so I don't have joint car insurance and we're too young for life insurance.

Copies of credit card statements: I did submit copies of my joint bank account.

Copies of loan documents: I don't have any loans whatsoever.

Any other documentation which shows that the marriage was not entered into in order to evade the Immigration Laws of the Untied States: ......

----------------------------------------------

So what other documentation/evidence can I submit? By the way, I'm living with my parent’s momentary. I don't pay rent; I don't pay any utility bills. I'm confused as to what else they want.

CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE HELP ME? What do I do? :help:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, basically you haven't met the minimum burden of evidence so they are asking for much more than what you originally provided. You have to demonstrate that you have an ongoing, legitimate relationship in a shared residence. Frankly, right now, they don't believe you based on what little information you provided, so you are going to have to get cracking!

Are you sure they are asking for the BC of a child or for your spouse?

Copies of Joint tax returns: I simply didn't make enough to file jointly (I'm a sub)

Copies of Insurance policies: Don't have any whatsoever. We go to Mexico for medical. She can't drive yet so I don't have joint car insurance and we're too young for life insurance.

They are looking for evidence that you have started to co-mingle your assets like a typical married couple would. You've had two years together, so they are expecting typical things like : lease/mortgage, bills/expenses, tax returns, insurance, etc. Since you state that you don't have these things, you need to explain that to them and provide other sources of evidence that you two are legitimately together.

You're not too young for life insurance, by the way. I've had a life insurance policy since I was in my teens.

Since you don't have utility bills or mortgage, and since you live with your parents, it probably would be best for them to provide you with a notarized affadavit stating that you are living with them and have been living with them since (insert date here), and any details of the financial arrangement that you and your spouse have with your parents.

If you have wills listing each other as beneficiaries, that would help.

You must have filed income tax returns, you'll need to submit copies of them.

If you have any bills listing you or your spouse on them, submit copies.

How are you supporting the two of you financially? Provide evidence of that. Can't stress that one enough!

You'll probably need to get more notarized statements from family/friends who know you and your wife and can attest to the validity of your relationship.

Does your spouse have a state ID yet? Or a library card? Anything that lists her current address?

Pictures of the two of you together since your marriage?

Edited by Cassie

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Thanks for the reply! My situation is kind of awkward. Basically, I'm living debt free right now. My only bills are my student loan and car insurance. None of them apply to her since they're not joint. We both work. She's full time and I'm just a sub. I don't need and couldn’t care less about life insurance (no offence). They are asking for the BC of a child.

So basically I'm going to submit:

An official letter from my back account stating there's joint ownership

A notarized affidavit stating that we're living with my parents and basically I'm debt free.

A copy of a library card and a statement form the library saying that the address is current.

State I.D. with current address though it expired July 8 2007

Tax returns. (How do I get copies if I filed electronically?)

A letter from a Elder from my local Church stating that we were last seen on July 14,15 and 16 at a large District Convention and also a copy of the invitation.

------------------

Cassie, please let me know if this is sufficient.

Edited by T&M

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi

Maybe you can add copies of pictures of you and your wife with some other members of your family or/and friends, just write the names of the persons who are with you and the aproximate dates and places were you are.

Maybe the doctor that you see in Mexico could sign a letter saying that you two go there for medical atention, you will have to translate it and notarize but it is more evidence.

Don't worry, I have read some cases where the card is ordered right after RFE.

K

Meet 12/2000; Married 01/2004; AOS 01/2005; R-C 07/2007; Citizen 06/2008
In love for 14 years and happily counting...

Tax returns. (How do I get copies if I filed electronically?)

Call the IRS 1-800 number. They can either fax or mail you your tax transcripts.

Even though you don't make enough, you can still file jointly. We were married in February 2004 and my husband arrived with his GC in October 2004. He didn't work. You can file jointly after you marry regardless of how much you make. We found that it was in our best interest.

Our K3 Timeline:

February 29, 2004 - married in Las Vegas

March 6, 2004 - Mike returns to Auckland to await K3 process.

March 26, 2004 - Melissa files I-130 with Vermont.

March 29, 2004 - Received NOA1 from Vermont for I-130.

April 10, 2004 - Mailed in I-129F to Chicago for K-3.

April 19, 2004 - NOA1 received from Missouri

July 13, 2004 - I-130 NOA2 Approval from Vermont

July 22, 2004 - NVC Receives Case & Assigns

July 25, 2004 - NVC Sends Affidavit of Support Fee Bill & DS 3032

July 30, 2004 - Melissa receives and pays Affidavit of Support Fee Bill and scans and emails DS 3032 to Mike for signature.

August 9, 2004 - NVC prints Visa Fee Bill (isn't that redundant??)

August 20, 2004 Melissa Receives and pays Visa Fee Bill

August 21, 2004 Melissa Receives Affidavit of Support Packet

August 30, 2004 Melissa Sends Affidavit of Support to NVC

September 7, 2004 Melissa sends DS-230

September 13, 2004 NVC Completes Case!!

September 21, 2004 NVC Sends Case to Auckland

September 27, 2004 Auckland Consulate receives case

September 29, 2004 Mike receives Packet 3

October 2, 2004 Mike sends Packet 3

October 1, 2004 Mike sends back "I'm ready" letter

October 4, 2004 Mike receives interview letter!!!! Interview October 13, 2004!!!!!!

October 13, 2004 Mike's Interview!!!

October 29, 2004 Mike arrives in Boston!!!

Make sure you provide a cover letter in which you answer each item in the RFE, and explain why you're not providing the requested evidence. (For example, the RFE requested a BC for a child, write that a BC for a child is not available because there are no children.)

The IRS provides free tax transcripts, you just need to request it by calling the IRS through their 1-800 number. The number is on the www.irs.gov website. It takes about 1-2 weeks to receive this in the mail, once you request it. If you filed jointly, this will be valuable proof to submit.

Good luck!

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I agree that you can have a joint tax return even if the other person makes no money at all. For 2004's taxes, my husband did not work because he came in the fall of 2004 and did not get his EAD in time to work that year, but we filed joint anyway even though I was the only one who worked that year. But since we were married, we were allowed to.

This isn't financial proof, but do you have any Christmas cards or anniversary cards addressed to the both of you that you can send also?

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

No, I don't celebrate Christmas and unfortunately I don't have any anniversary cards. But thanks to you and others that posted in this thread, I think I have enough information to get by :thumbs: Thanks everyone!

Edited by T&M

Filed: Timeline
hi, WHERE DID YOU FILE AND WHEN DID YOU FILE?

I filled @ the California service center around the 2nd or 3rd week of May 2007.

Magazine subscriptions?

Invitations or correspondence sent to her at your address?

Travel itineraries?

Photos from family get-togethers?

Driver's license? Does she drive?

What do you mean by your statement that the car insurance is not "joint"? Car insurance rarely notes all drivers' names, but if there are additional drivers it's pretty clear from the policy declaration.

OK so you use an out of country physician, but does she get any type of prescriptions filled in the USA? What about address on those?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

T&M,

You have 3 choices:

- give them everything they asked for

- give them some of what they asked for

- give them nothing more and tell them to adjudicate the petition based on what they have.

The only thing you cannot do is ignore the RFE.

(paraphrasing Folinskyinla - thank you Mr.F)

The final item in the list gives you incredible flexibility to provide whatever you have that shows that you and your wife are living in marital union. Surely you and she have something more that you can provide, even if it's only junk mail. Do both of you have driver's licenses? Bills by mail for anything? Memberships in anything? Surely you're not both hermits who are spending your lives isolated from the rest of the world.

Yodrak

The things I've submitted when I had filed the I-751 form was 3 letters saying they know and my spouse and I and a bank statement showing a joint account. Today I receive a Request For Evidence paper telling me that I need to submit:

Any other documentation which shows that the marriage was not entered into in order to evade the Immigration Laws of the Untied States: ......

----------------------------------------------

So what other documentation/evidence can I submit? By the way, I'm living with my parent's momentary. I don't pay rent; I don't pay any utility bills. I'm confused as to what else they want.

CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE HELP ME? What do I do?

T&M,

You have 3 choices:

- give them everything they asked for

- give them some of what they asked for

- give them nothing more and tell them to adjudicate the petition based on what they have.

The only thing you cannot do is ignore the RFE.

(paraphrasing Folinskyinla - thank you Mr.F)

The final item in the list gives you incredible flexibility to provide whatever you have that shows that you and your wife are living in marital union. Surely you and she have something more that you can provide, even if it's only junk mail. Do both of you have driver's licenses? Bills by mail for anything? Memberships in anything? Surely you're not both hermits who are spending your lives isolated from the rest of the world.

Yodrak

Well said, Kemo Sabe.

Surely you're not both hermits who are spending your lives isolated from the rest of the world.

What's wrong with that ;):lol:

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Just like others said - you can file jointly even if you make zero dollars.

How old are you that you consider yourself too young for life insurance? I'm in my early 20-s, and I have two life insurance policies. They cost me almost nothing.

So what other documentation/evidence can I submit? By the way, I'm living with my parent’s momentary. I don't pay rent; I don't pay any utility bills. I

Lucky you :)

CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE HELP ME? What do I do? :help:

USCIS like to see joint financial stuff, that's for sure. Joint taxes, credit cards and insurance policies would be great in your case, but since you don't have any of that, follow the advice of other posters here - send them joint gym memberships, magazine subscriptions, pictures of you together with relatives and friends... You've been married for a while, so be creative - married couples always accumulate a lot of joint stuff, and they may even not know about it :)

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.