16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Greetings to all,

My wife and I got the notice to appear for an interview (scheduled on September 5th, 2007). They have required us to bring a lot of documents with us....here are the questions:

1: "A completed medial examination (Form - I693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope (unless already submitted)" - She already submitted the information when she went for her K1 interview in India. She had to do a complete medical checkup and vaccinations. When we submitted the AOS application, we sent in a copy of her vaccination forms in India and didn't receive any RFE. So, do we have to get the medical checkup again and vaccination supplement again? Or, can we take a copy of her medical checkup done in India for K1?

2: "A completed affidavit of support with all required evidence." - I have already submitted this with the AOS application. What do I take to the interview?

3: "Petitioner's Birth Certificate including the certified translation" - Have already sent it for both K1 application and AOS application. Do I need to get another certification done or can I just take copies?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance!

Filed: Timeline
Greetings to all,

My wife and I got the notice to appear for an interview (scheduled on September 5th, 2007). They have required us to bring a lot of documents with us....here are the questions:

1: "A completed medial examination (Form - I693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope (unless already submitted)" - She already submitted the information when she went for her K1 interview in India. She had to do a complete medical checkup and vaccinations. When we submitted the AOS application, we sent in a copy of her vaccination forms in India and didn't receive any RFE. So, do we have to get the medical checkup again and vaccination supplement again? Or, can we take a copy of her medical checkup done in India for K1?

2: "A completed affidavit of support with all required evidence." - I have already submitted this with the AOS application. What do I take to the interview?

3: "Petitioner's Birth Certificate including the certified translation" - Have already sent it for both K1 application and AOS application. Do I need to get another certification done or can I just take copies?

I also would very much like to know the answers to your questions. My wife just received her notice to appear for the interview and they asked her to bring all those documents too. She already took a medical examination in Kiev, Ukraine for her K1 visa and received a vaccination supplement. Will these be ok to use ?

We received a package (sealed envelope) from the US Embassy in Kiev during the K1 interview and they said to bring it with us to the US, so far it has been unopened. Would we need to bring this with us to the interview ? Perhaps this is the "sealed envelope" they refer to.

Filed: Timeline
Greetings to all,

Also does anyone know if we need to bring an interpreter for my wife (to the interview), since it said "If you do not speak English fluently, you should bring an interpreter to the interview".... I don't think they would let me interpret for my wife, since I could potentially skew the questions/answers. Anyone know about this ?

I also would very much like to know the answers to your questions. My wife just received her notice to appear for the interview and they asked her to bring all those documents too. She already took a medical examination in Kiev, Ukraine for her K1 visa and received a vaccination supplement. Will these be ok to use ?

We received a package (sealed envelope) from the US Embassy in Kiev during the K1 interview and they said to bring it with us to the US, so far it has been unopened. Would we need to bring this with us to the interview ? Perhaps this is the "sealed envelope" they refer to.

Filed: Other Timeline
Greetings to all,

Just bring it again. Of if you completely cannot accept supplying information that was already submitted, then don't bring it.

I don't understand these questions. What is your goal in asking VJ members to answer these questions? Are you hoping someone will say don't worry about this notice; you needn't bring anything? Is that what you want to hear? What if you arrived at your interview and the IO asked you for these documents? What will be your answer? "Oh, someone on VJ said I didn't need to bring them, so I didn't bring them." Do you think that's going to satisfy your IO?

Advice: BRING EXACTLY what they ask for and more--even if you've already submitted it. The exception is #1 where the instructions specifically states "unless already submitted" so you needn't bring that again, as you've already submitted it. Otherwise, bring everything and more.

It's better to bring everything and anything you think they might ask for. What's the harm in bringing something and they don't ask to see it? NO HARM whatsoever! But if they ask for something you didn't bring, then it may turn into a RFE and it's more wasted time on your part. Bring the kitchen sink!

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

i suggest you bring everything that the letter states..when i went for my interview i carried 3 lbs of documents with me..i know its somewhat over as needed but i just wanna make sure that all the IO would ask i can give it to him..

so take it even if you already sent it..it won't hurt to carry it with you..Goodluck!

SirLanceAlot,

Now you see how I felt when you asked that 864/864a question not too long ago. ;)

Again, do calm down, sir... you aren't winning any battles with the tone you exhibit on here time and time again. Your namesake was much calmer and more gentle, I am afraid. You certainly have a lot of pent up anger/issues or something. :huh: Many people on here don't purport to be as intuitive as you.

Vishrit, to put it succinctly: bring what the letter has asked of you. Since you have already turned in an original certified translation, if you have a copy of the certified translation, it will suffice. As for the 693a, you should as soon as practicable, make an appointment with a USCIS approved doctor to issue the 693a.

If the petitioner has changed jobs, gotten a raise etc. from the last 864, complete a new one and bring it with you as well as the 864 you originally filed. Good luck and congrats on what seems to be a rather expeditious interview appointment.

100% Naturalized U.S.D.A. Prime American

proud_filipino_american_trucker_hat.jpg?

Filed: Other Timeline
SirLanceAlot,

Now you see how I felt when you asked that 864/864a question not too long ago. ;)

Again, do calm down, sir... you aren't winning any battles with the tone you exhibit on here time and time again. Your namesake was much calmer and more gentle, I am afraid. You certainly have a lot of pent up anger/issues or something. :huh: Many people on here don't purport to be as intuitive as you.

latoslatos, you talk to me as if I'm new to VJ. I registered half a year before you and I've posted more posts than you. I think I know VJ pretty well.

I'm not here trying to win any popularity contest. I'm here to seek info and answers when I'm ignorant of the facts and to relay and provide info when I believe I know the answers.

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Greetings to all,

Just bring it again. Of if you completely cannot accept supplying information that was already submitted, then don't bring it.

I don't understand these questions. What is your goal in asking VJ members to answer these questions? Are you hoping someone will say don't worry about this notice; you needn't bring anything? Is that what you want to hear? What if you arrived at your interview and the IO asked you for these documents? What will be your answer? "Oh, someone on VJ said I didn't need to bring them, so I didn't bring them." Do you think that's going to satisfy your IO?

Advice: BRING EXACTLY what they ask for and more--even if you've already submitted it. The exception is #1 where the instructions specifically states "unless already submitted" so you needn't bring that again, as you've already submitted it. Otherwise, bring everything and more.

It's better to bring everything and anything you think they might ask for. What's the harm in bringing something and they don't ask to see it? NO HARM whatsoever! But if they ask for something you didn't bring, then it may turn into a RFE and it's more wasted time on your part. Bring the kitchen sink!

Hey, Sir...whatever, first of all you need to calm down.....YOu are not the freakin administrator of this site. You have a problem with my questions, go report me to the administrator. This site is for people like you and me who are going through the same pains but, if you don't like these questions....I suggest you do the following:

1: Don't answer the questions which were not directed to you (If you feel offended).

2: Keep your freakin tone down. I don't work for you or, owe you anything.

3: Lastly, Understand the fact that you are not the only one that can get ugly on this site. I have a simple equation in life - "Shell out what is given to you". So, you wanna get tough? Well, bring it on!

To all other members who were a more polite,

Thank you all for your answers. The reason why I asked these questions was because I wanted to get advice from people who have been through this before.

Thanks again!

I am bringing everything with me to the interview, even though it says..unless submitted. It is redundant but for whatever reason, if my documents gets misplaced by USCIS, i will have an extra for them at interview. I wish you the best of luck at your interview! Ours is next week and I am nervous!

Greetings to all,

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Timeline

Thank you for your wishes. Good luck to you too! Hopefully, every thing will go smoothly.

I am bringing everything with me to the interview, even though it says..unless submitted. It is redundant but for whatever reason, if my documents gets misplaced by USCIS, i will have an extra for them at interview. I wish you the best of luck at your interview! Ours is next week and I am nervous!
Greetings to all,

You need to get another medical exam from the list of authorized Civil Surgeons in your area. You can find this list on the USCIS web site as part of the information for adjustment of status.

If you have more current financial information than was submitted for the original application, then bring it.

A copy along with a copy of the certified birth certificate translation will be fine.

Anything else that you have showing your ongoing continued relationship including joint bank accounts, joint credit cards, photos with family members and yourselves will all help.

You need to get another medical exam from the list of authorized Civil Surgeons in your area. You can find this list on the USCIS web site as part of the information for adjustment of status.

My understanding was that the medical done prior to the K1 consulate interview was sufficient enough for AOS, since it's valid for a year.

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to piggyback on this thread, but I read a story on a (very unofficial) website that someone was advised by a friend to bring their (US citizen's) credit report to their interview, because the USCIS checks the credit of the US citizen while reviewing the I-864. I have never ever seen that mentioned on here, so I doubt that it is a necessary document to bring, right? I can't really see why the USCIS would even check credit at all, they seem more concerned with tax returns and current/future income.

AOS / EAD

06/23/2007 - Received medical exam from Civil Surgeon in Fairfax, VA

06/25/2007 - Confirmed negative TB skin test, picked up sealed I-693 and supplemental form from Civil Surgeon

06/27/2007 - Sent AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765) to Chicago lockbox (LaSalle address) via Fed Ex

06/28/2007 - AOS packaged delivered and signed for in Chicago

07/06/2007 - NOA1 for I-130, I-485 and I-765

07/09/2007 - Touched (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

07/10/2007 - Checks cashed (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

07/13/2007 - Received NOA1 letters for I-130, I-485 and I-765 in the mail

07/14/2007 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail

07/31/2007 - Biometrics appointment in Alexandria, VA

07/31/2007 - I-485 and I-765 touched

09/06/2007 - I-765 touched

09/06/2007 - EAD card production ordered

09/11/2007 - Received two more e-mails stating EAD card production ordered on this date. Huh?!?

09/14/2007 - I-765 touched

09/15/2007 - EAD arrived in the mail

03/24/2008 - Received interview appointment letter in the mail

05/13/2008 - Interview appointment in Fairfax, VA

05/13/2008 - AOS APPROVED! Received stamp in passport

05/13/2008 - Card production ordered

05/22/2008 - Green card arrived in mail!

02/13/2010 - Will apply for removal of conditions of permanent residency

And now it's dark. I look to you to light my heart. I'm between the moon and where you are... I know you can't be far.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

*bump*

(sorry for the quick bump, this thread was already near the bottom of the second page)

AOS / EAD

06/23/2007 - Received medical exam from Civil Surgeon in Fairfax, VA

06/25/2007 - Confirmed negative TB skin test, picked up sealed I-693 and supplemental form from Civil Surgeon

06/27/2007 - Sent AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765) to Chicago lockbox (LaSalle address) via Fed Ex

06/28/2007 - AOS packaged delivered and signed for in Chicago

07/06/2007 - NOA1 for I-130, I-485 and I-765

07/09/2007 - Touched (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

07/10/2007 - Checks cashed (I-130, I-485 and I-765)

07/13/2007 - Received NOA1 letters for I-130, I-485 and I-765 in the mail

07/14/2007 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail

07/31/2007 - Biometrics appointment in Alexandria, VA

07/31/2007 - I-485 and I-765 touched

09/06/2007 - I-765 touched

09/06/2007 - EAD card production ordered

09/11/2007 - Received two more e-mails stating EAD card production ordered on this date. Huh?!?

09/14/2007 - I-765 touched

09/15/2007 - EAD arrived in the mail

03/24/2008 - Received interview appointment letter in the mail

05/13/2008 - Interview appointment in Fairfax, VA

05/13/2008 - AOS APPROVED! Received stamp in passport

05/13/2008 - Card production ordered

05/22/2008 - Green card arrived in mail!

02/13/2010 - Will apply for removal of conditions of permanent residency

And now it's dark. I look to you to light my heart. I'm between the moon and where you are... I know you can't be far.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.