Matthias Abke

Interview Date

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey! I found this previous thread (among others) where people said to ignore the bit about the interview date: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/641501-in-transit-but-no-interview-appointment-letter/

It's a standard message anyone sees, no matter what visa. Ignore it. You will be either able to plan it yourself or receive an interview date by the Embassy. 

*** Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to the RUB regional forum, for input specific to Russian K1 visa interview ***

4 hours ago, Matthias Abke said:

Does anyone know how to find the interview date since the status page says the interview date was provided?

K1 applicants need to schedule their visa interview themselves via the online scheduling portal.  You will need to wait for the email from the Warsaw consulate before you schedule the interview.  More details in the thread below --

4 hours ago, Matthias Abke said:

since they are sending all Russian K1 Visas to Poland now but Poland is not granting Visa's to Russian passport holders does anyone know how we are supposed to get to the interview?

The K1 applicant will need to apply for a Schengen visa from another country, like Greece, Italy, or Hungary.  Also discussed in the thread below --

Wait -- is your fiancee Russian or Ukrainian?  Here you mention "Russian passport holders", but in your previous thread you mentioned "she was expedited due to being Ukrainian".  If the visa applicant is a Ukrainian passport holder, you may request for case transfer to Frankfurt, Germany.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
8 hours ago, Matthias Abke said:

She was born in the Ukraine and then moved to Russia as a child so she has a Ukrainian birth certificate and a Russian passport.

In that case, she’ll be automatically sent to Warsaw, I don’t know the wait in Frankfurt but there’s a weak chance you can ask to transfer there on the basis of nationality (better if still Ukrainian residency). 

You received the message about “NVC providing you an interview date” because, typically, only immigrant petitions will be sent to the Embassy, so NVC sends the generic immigrant email out when yours ships. No K1 applicant will have their date at this time. Some Embassies will later provide the date, whereas others (like Warsaw) require you to pick the date yourself. So, if you’re going to Warsaw, you must wait for additional instructions from the Embassy before proceeding with scheduling.

The Schengen visa is a recurring issue but you will need *one* to get into the Zone. It doesn’t have to be a Polish one. If the Italian, Hungarian, or Greek embassies are working within Russia and giving out Schengens, see if you can go through them. They’ve been reported as the friendliest.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

19 hours ago, slavaskii said:

The Schengen visa is a recurring issue but you will need *one* to get into the Zone. It doesn’t have to be a Polish one. If the Italian, Hungarian, or Greek embassies are working within Russia and giving out Schengens, see if you can go through them. They’ve been reported as the friendliest.

The issue I found is that they are not working with Russians for the reason of getting to Poland.

My wife was denied for Hungary Chicago since she lives here. She told them the reason was to take transit her son who also need to get one to Poland. Also said she plays to stay in Hungary for a week. They denied it, also told her to go to Moscow to apply.

A person my wife is talking to, her mom had a interview in Moscow at the Greek embassy and got denied. She told them she was going to stays in Hungary for a week and then go to Poland. She reapplied a week later and told them she was just going to Greece and they gave it to her.

My wife and stepson have a interview next week in Moscow for Greece but not sure what to tell them. If it get denied or don't get the visa in time, we miss the interview in Warsaw for the 2nd time. So asked the state department if they had any advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 6/10/2022 at 12:48 PM, Matthias Abke said:

Does anyone know how to find the interview date since the status page says the interview date was provided? Also, since they are sending all Russian K1 Visas to Poland now but Poland is not granting Visa's to Russian passport holders does anyone know how we are supposed to get to the interview?

Thanks,

Matthias

Screenshot 2022-06-10 114617.png

Screenshot 2022-06-10 114508.png

Any updates on your case? Get contacted from Warsaw embassy?

19 hours ago, Mike20090622 said:

Any updates on your case? Get contacted from Warsaw embassy?

We contacted them ourselves and they don't have a scheduled interview date. We tried to schedule ourselves and were told no appointments are available for non residents of Poland. They told us to keep checking back. Its rather frustrating

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Matthias Abke said:

We contacted them ourselves and they don't have a scheduled interview date. We tried to schedule ourselves and were told no appointments are available for non residents of Poland. They told us to keep checking back. Its rather frustrating

Did you get an instruction or invitation letter from the embassy? I was told to wait 6 weeks before I can contact the embassy and we didn’t get any contact from Warsaw embassy yet and we are told we can’t schedule an interview date without an instruction 

Just now, Mike20090622 said:

Did you get an instruction or invitation letter from the embassy? I was told to wait 6 weeks before I can contact the embassy and we didn’t get any contact from Warsaw embassy yet and we are told we can’t schedule an interview date without an instruction 

We tried calling their US and Polish phone lines. Seems like everyone who answers those is reading off a Script though. Maybe they will send us a invitation letter eventually right now the best we can to go off is CEAC saying the case is ready. Looks like at best the interview dates are September though that is for residents of Poland according to the call center

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Matthias Abke said:

We tried calling their US and Polish phone lines. Seems like everyone who answers those is reading off a Script though. Maybe they will send us a invitation letter eventually right now the best we can to go off is CEAC saying the case is ready. Looks like at best the interview dates are September though that is for residents of Poland according to the call center

Are you on K visa? When I call Warsaw embassy, they keep telling me NVC should send the invitation letter, it’s NVC changed the status to ready and that doesn’t mean anything to them, I lost hope almost. I plan to meet in Mexico for summer but my fiancé can’t even get a Mexican E visa, it’s crazy 

51 minutes ago, Mike20090622 said:

Are you on K visa? When I call Warsaw embassy, they keep telling me NVC should send the invitation letter, it’s NVC changed the status to ready and that doesn’t mean anything to them, I lost hope almost. I plan to meet in Mexico for summer but my fiancé can’t even get a Mexican E visa, it’s crazy 

Yes, we are on K1 Visa what number are you calling for the Warsaw embassy?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Matthias Abke said:

Yes, we are on K1 Visa what number are you calling for the Warsaw embassy?

America local number 703 Virginia number but they are not really embassy IV section I think, almost known nothing, did your fiancé get the Schengen visa?

16 minutes ago, Mike20090622 said:

America local number 703 Virginia number but they are not really embassy IV section I think, almost known nothing, did your fiancé get the Schengen visa?

That is the same one I tried and they just seem to read off a script. They were unable to answer questions about basic things like what this page means: https://pl.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/information-for-non-citizens/ We are waiting for the interview date to get the Schengen visa. Currently Italy seems to be issuing to Russians still.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.