IloveDanang

Question about uploading photo(tourist visa)

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm trying to fill out application for my inlaws(Vietnamese) on ceac.  When I uploaded my father in law's pic, I get a message that "head size or position relative to image dimensions may be incorrect".  Has anyone ran across this issue and how did you fix it?

Also, am I suppose to do one application for my father in law and a separate for mother in law?  It seems like this application asked mostly information about my father in law's education, work history, etc.  

Is this for tourist visas?

yes they are separate applications for each person 

the photo specs are available on the Dept of state website https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos.html

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline

I just cropped it and it's still did not accept it.  So I clicked continue without uploading photo and it told me to bring the photo to the interview.  I guess that's still good?

2 hours ago, IloveDanang said:

I just cropped it and it's still did not accept it.  So I clicked continue without uploading photo and it told me to bring the photo to the interview.  I guess that's still good?

Did you read the required specifications on the link I gave you? Did you use their photo tool? Bringing a photo that doesn’t meet the specs to the interview  is not going to help.

Edit: nvm, saw the later update 

Edited by SusieQQQ

1 hour ago, IloveDanang said:

ok, after some more cropping, I got it to accept it.  So I do another one for my mother in law.  Any chance the interview will be on different days?

Usually you schedule the day for visa interview online. Is Vietnam different?

Timeline
10 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Usually you schedule the day for visa interview online. Is Vietnam different?

I'm not sure since this is my 1st time doing it.  From what I read, it's the applicant responsibility to schedule the interview.  I still wonder when is that allowed since the DS 160 has to be reviewed and approved by Dept of State.  

53 minutes ago, IloveDanang said:

I still wonder when is that allowed since the DS 160 has to be reviewed and approved by Dept of State.

You may schedule the interview after paying the MRV fee and the payment has been reflected in the DOS online system.  No DS-160 approval required.  Just need to submit the completed form, then pay the fee.  The DS-160 entries will likely be reviewed only on the day of the interview.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Chancy said:

You may schedule the interview after paying the MRV fee and the payment has been reflected in the DOS online system.  No DS-160 approval required.  Just need to submit the completed form, then pay the fee.  The DS-160 entries will likely be reviewed only on the day of the interview.

where do I pay the fee again?  

3 minutes ago, IloveDanang said:

where do I pay the fee again?  

USTravelDocs says to pay the fee in person at any Vietnam Post branch in Vietnam.  Instructions here -- https://www.ustraveldocs.com/vn/vn-niv-paymentinfo.asp#InstructionstoPayYourVisafee

3 hours ago, IloveDanang said:

I'm not sure since this is my 1st time doing it.  From what I read, it's the applicant responsibility to schedule the interview.  I still wonder when is that allowed since the DS 160 has to be reviewed and approved by Dept of State.  

Well then it is fully in your own hands as to whether they are scheduled on the same day or not … pretty sure there is a family /group option too

Timeline
Just now, SusieQQQ said:

Well then it is fully in your own hands as to whether they are scheduled on the same day or not … pretty sure there is a family /group option too

Is there a expiration date  on scheduling the interview?  I did not know the process would be this fast.  They are hoping to visit the US around August 2023.  

4 minutes ago, IloveDanang said:

Is there a expiration date  on scheduling the interview?  I did not know the process would be this fast.  They are hoping to visit the US around August 2023.  

it’s usually a year after payment of the fee , they raised it two years during covid, not sure if that still applies but please -all this will be in the visa instructions, surely you’ve read them?
Most countries (not sure if Vietnam is an exception) routinely get granted ten year visas. Nothing says they have to travel immediately after they get a visa. 
also don’t be sure about the process being “this fast”, the Ho Chi Minh city embassy has a 285 day wait for a visit visa appointment . https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.