AdileneR

Please help with any information!!!

34 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, AdileneR said:

Yea it’s very accurate…. And he did a very poor job literally my whole life changed in the blink of an eye. I was two years away from graduating college and I had plans to move in with husband.  It’s crazy to think that I’m having such a difficult time as it is it scares me to continue. It might sound crazy but from my first experience I feel like I have ptsd it might sound exaggerating but,  just thinking that I have to go back one day to the consulate for my interview scares me. Even though I have a clean record and I literally have nothing to hide, it scares me they literally hold my future in their hands.

I’m so new to this … if I may ask of course I know you’re not a lawyer but I’m starting to wonder if I’ll need a waiver?  

and yes please send it….

Start by doing USCIS FOIA for all 3 of u: you stepfather, your mom, yourself ( am sure they will appreciate your help)  Each person is the “ subject “ , reason =record review, ask for “ complete A# file “ 

https://www.uscis.gov/records/request-records-through-the-freedom-of-information-act-or-privacy-act

Google State Bar Association and find bar / license number of the attorney, then  Complaint for the state you lived in . Example for California: https://www.calbar.ca.gov/public/complaints-claims/how-to-file-a-complaint

Make sure you file complaint with the Department of Justice as well, they will respond that they will wait for state bar to finish investigation, but file it https://www.justice.gov/eoir/attorney-discipline-program

Draw up a letter to attorney, spelling out the bad legal advice he gave ( use the numbered points I sent you earlier), and the extraordinary negative impact it has had in the lives of your family ( name u, mom and stepdad). Tell him you HAVE FILED complaints and are asking he return COPIES of ALL work, filings and copies/ accounting for all payments made to him. Ask for him to return all legal fees paid. Mail letter, certified and also email him ( his info is on state bar ). 

Stay focused and you will get through this. Stay active and see if u can do online courses, get involved or try working w medical tourism since you speak English so well. Make it your mission to help others avoid what you and your family are going through.

You should not need a waiver for ULP since you had DACA all the way to leaving. .

Bueno! The most empowering thing you did is to start researching and learning about your immigration case, without putting blind trust into yet another. As @ROK2USA mentioned , the I-130/I-130 A  itself is very DIY friendly with all VJ posters willing to help and share . I am sorry I monopolized yout post ..and really really hope others give you much encouragement !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
19 hours ago, Family said:

Bueno! The most empowering thing you did is to start researching and learning about your immigration case, without putting blind trust into yet another. As @ROK2USA mentioned , the I-130/I-130 A  itself is very DIY friendly with all VJ posters willing to help and share . I am sorry I monopolized yout post ..and really really hope others give you much encouragement !

In this case I tend to agree with ditching the lawyer and doing it herself.  It was a border marriage.  That's all you need to explain about that part.  

However, your earlier visa denial was for an actual reason, not just a lawyer doing a bad job.  They may have, but that's not the reason for denial.  What WAS the reason?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.