Laud

Uploading additional paychecks after submitting

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My wife (USC) and I submitted all our docs at the start of the month. She had been living in the UK for 4 years and recently moved back to the US and took a job, earning above the poverty threshold. As she's been living/working in the UK and the job is new, her tax transcripts show 0 income. As per advice we read on this forum we uploading additional proof of income (3 x pay slips, job acceptance letter, etc.)

Is it worth uploading new payslips during the wait to fortify her evidence of income? Is there any downside of doing it (e.g. resetting the clock)?

Any advice always appreciated.

1 minute ago, Laud said:

Hi all,

My wife (USC) and I submitted all our docs at the start of the month. She had been living in the UK for 4 years and recently moved back to the US and took a job, earning above the poverty threshold. As she's been living/working in the UK and the job is new, her tax transcripts show 0 income. As per advice we read on this forum we uploading additional proof of income (3 x pay slips, job acceptance letter, etc.)

Is it worth uploading new payslips during the wait to fortify her evidence of income? Is there any downside of doing it (e.g. resetting the clock)?

Any advice always appreciated.

Uploading additional evidence will not reset the clock. 

You can add more evidence or wait to bring it to interview. 

If you already submitted this evidence, one pay slip from the job and the acceptance letter will probably suffice for DQ.

You can take additional evidence to the interview if you so choose. 

6 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

Uploading additional evidence will not reset the clock. 

You can add more evidence or wait to bring it to interview. 

If you already submitted this evidence, one pay slip from the job and the acceptance letter will probably suffice for DQ.

You can take additional evidence to the interview if you so choose. 

Amazing.

Side note:

There are lots of people who give great, knowledgeable responses whenever I post on this forum. But I've noticed that you, in particular, are always so quick and so erudite with your responses. I wanted to just acknowledge that and say thank you!

4 hours ago, Laud said:

Amazing.

Side note:

There are lots of people who give great, knowledgeable responses whenever I post on this forum. But I've noticed that you, in particular, are always so quick and so erudite with your responses. I wanted to just acknowledge that and say thank you!

My husband is 💯 aware of my activity on VJ and tells me I need to concentrate on getting a job in the US.

I'm going to show him this post to show him I'm doing some useful work ;)

Send some money to my paypal to make this all legit 🤣

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2022 at 5:51 PM, Ian88 said:

I added my wife's latest W2 and Tax Return after submission and nothing changed, so it can't hurt. Had my GC interview today in fact. Good luck. 

Hey guys, when we were DQed I had only uplaoded 2020 and before year taxes, now we have interview coming up and I have 2021 tax info available, should I upload before the interview. I am worried if I add additional documents it my reset the date and I don't want to screw up anything since our interview is coming up next week guys.

Please help

13 minutes ago, FaithandPatience said:

when we were DQed I had only uplaoded 2020 and before year taxes, now we have interview coming up and I have 2021 tax info available, should I upload before the interview.

Once your case is DQed, any additional documents you upload will not reset your DQ date.  In fact, some consulates (like the one in my home country) require that visa applicants upload updated documents to CEAC prior to their interview.

1 hour ago, FaithandPatience said:

Hey guys, when we were DQed I had only uplaoded 2020 and before year taxes, now we have interview coming up and I have 2021 tax info available, should I upload before the interview. I am worried if I add additional documents it my reset the date and I don't want to screw up anything since our interview is coming up next week guys.

Please help

Again, uploading additional documents won't hurt you. At the very least, take it to the interview with you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.