Katykat_mc

my file has not arrived

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I had my naturalization interview today. When I walked in to check-in, the front desk lady couldn't find my name on the list. I was asked to sit down anyways and I got a bit worried. 10 minutes later, an officer called my name and as soon as we walked into his office he told me they have not received my file. We went ahead with the interview, I passed the test, questions were asked, he spoke with his supervisor and still no file. 

Has this ever happened to anyone?

I wouldn't be as worried if I didnt fly for the interview from Germany (military husband), wasn't pregnant and didn't have to fly back home tomorrow.

I was told they will give me a call when/if the file shows up but until then, they cannot approve me. Now I am sitting in my hotel stressing over what to do - change my flight? fly back home?

This really sucks!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Your file is likely still with NARA / FRC.  

Contact each director in https://www.archives.gov/frc/directors and ask if they could send your file to USCIS (identify the officer and field office where to send it) 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Your file is likely still with NARA / FRC.  

Contact each director in https://www.archives.gov/frc/directors and ask if they could send your file to USCIS (identify the officer and field office where to send it) 

You think it's OK to call them even if I was told the file is supposedly in transit? The office told me it was supposed to arrive yesterday as it was mailed out on Thursday....but then again...he might not even know himself?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Katykat_mc said:

You think it's OK to call them even if I was told the file is supposedly in transit? The office told me it was supposed to arrive yesterday as it was mailed out on Thursday....but then again...he might not even know himself?

You need to decide how long you want to wait and how long is reasonable to wait.  

There is no law that says you can’t communicate with FRC.  

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

You need to decide how long you want to wait and how long is reasonable to wait.  

There is no law that says you can’t communicate with FRC.  

thank you!! I did call them and they told me they will look into it and will let me know. Hopefully, they will soon. Do you, by any chance, if there is a way (phone number) to reach USCIS field office without calling the generic number? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Katykat_mc said:

thank you!! I did call them and they told me they will look into it and will let me know. Hopefully, they will soon. Do you, by any chance, if there is a way (phone number) to reach USCIS field office without calling the generic number? 

The only way I know to reach a field office is by going to it or writing to it.  If you know the name of your officer your can write a message for the officer, place in envelope, put officer’s name on envelope, and hand it to the security guard.  It might be delivered to the officer 

On 5/17/2022 at 3:13 PM, Mike E said:

The only way I know to reach a field office is by going to it or writing to it.  If you know the name of your officer you can write a message for the officer, place in envelope, put officer’s name on envelope, and hand it to the security guard.  It might be delivered to the officer 

@Mike E What is she mails the letter (with the officer's name & field office address), will it still to the intended officer?

8 hours ago, Jesusboy said:

@Mike E What if she mails the letter (with the officer's name & field office address), will it still get to the intended officer?

Okay. 

Edited by Jesusboy

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
12 hours ago, DA91450 said:

Did you hear if your file made it there?

I apologize to everyone for not updating this thread sooner. 

Thanks to @Mike E I contacted NARA/FRC as he suggested and within hours I had them calling me back with an answer. They went so far they called my immigration officer to see what the issue was as my file's tracking number said delivered. Absolutely amazing people!!

Before the end of the day, the IO called me and asked me to come back the next morning. I got naturalized in his office - no special ceremony and made my flight back the same day. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Katykat_mc said:

I apologize to everyone for not updating this thread sooner. 

Thanks to @Mike E I contacted NARA/FRC as he suggested and within hours I had them calling me back with an answer. They went so far they called my immigration officer to see what the issue was as my file's tracking number said delivered. Absolutely amazing people!!

Before the end of the day, the IO called me and asked me to come back the next morning. I got naturalized in his office - no special ceremony and made my flight back the same day. 

That’s an amazing outcome. You cut through layers of red tape and likely accelerated your oath by months to years. Congrats.  

Timeline
14 minutes ago, DA91450 said:

So my I-751 was in the NEbraska USCIS field office. WHich FRCD do I call? 

https://www.archives.gov/frc/directors#west go on the website and EMAIL one of the persons there. I say email because that is what I was told to do when I called. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Mike E said:

That’s an amazing outcome. You cut through layers of red tape and likely accelerated your oath by months to years. Congrats.  

YES!!! Thank you so much for such a great advice! The IO mentioned he would have never thought I would actually try to track the file myself lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.