320 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, tonyrako said:

Did something change with Nebraska? I read someone else say they got their approval "just before they changed timeframes" or something along those lines, but not sure what that meant? 

I noticed on the USCIS website that the average processing timeline for NSC increased from 10.5 months to 14 months 😔

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Papps said:

I noticed on the USCIS website that the average processing timeline for NSC increased from 10.5 months to 14 months 😔

Although discouraging to see the increase, we are pretty much at the 14 month mark now. Is there a way to know how many people from the Feb 2022 filers have received initial approval? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
9 hours ago, tonyrako said:

Did something change with Nebraska? I read someone else say they got their approval "just before they changed timeframes" or something along those lines, but not sure what that meant? 

I got approved the night before the timeline changed. Right now, Nebraska is 13-15 months... so hang in there.

I know it's tough and being away from those you care.🙌 

@aaroncv3 Did you get any update after your FE message. I got the same message too just a couple of days ago that I don't meet the financial requirements and the interview officer would decide. And that I should find a joint sponsor. I didn't make enough money last year as I was unemployed and was looking for work. But I got hired at the beginning of this year and make enough money now. I submitted a letter from employer stating my salary and paystubs from the past three months. I submitted an inquiry to NVC asking if it means that they would still send my package to the consulate and let the interview officer decide, or should I find a joint sponsor and my case won't move forward unless I do. I just got a cookie cutter response that we sent you a message and follow instructions. It seems that they didn't read my question at all. Oh well! 

The other thing was about my marriage certificate. For my country they require two documents for marriage proof. I uploaded both documents in a single PDF file. They rejected it saying that they need two documents per the country requirements. I asked about it in the inquiry saying that I uploaded both documents in a single file. So, what's the reason for rejection? I got the same cookie cutter response that we sent you a message and please follow the instructions. I'm at loss. I guess I'll just reupload each document separately. They did say in the instructions that the documents of same type should be uploaded in a single file. So, I was just following the instructions. This is so confusing! And they don't seem to read and answer questions. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/5/2023 at 5:40 PM, Papps said:

Yes... Nebraska... Sigh

Finally got AR2 and approval notice in docs tab yesterday!!! Waiting for case status tab to change to approved... 

13 hours ago, Mnaz said:

@aaroncv3 Did you get any update after your FE message.

Not yet.  I'm estimating that I'll hear back very soon--possibly today; it's been about 15 days since I submitted the additional documents.

8 hours ago, Papps said:

Finally got AR2 and approval notice in docs tab yesterday!!! Waiting for case status tab to change to approved... 

Congrats, @Papps.  Hopefully this is a good sign for the other Nebraska folks that have been waiting far beyond the call of ordinary patience!

Hi everyone I was wondering  if there still other February 2022 filers that are still waiting for approval  like us  we are already waiting for 14 months hope we hear something  this month thanks 

On 4/7/2023 at 10:14 PM, aaroncv3 said:

Not yet.  I'm estimating that I'll hear back very soon--possibly today; it's been about 15 days since I submitted the additional documents.

@Mnaz just got DQ'd at NVC.

On 3/23/2023 at 1:30 AM, aaroncv3 said:

I've uploaded a letter explicitly indicating my means to satisfy the requirements.

I will share that letter here as a point of reference when I can also share the outcome as a metric of its success or failure, as the case may be.  I'll be the guinea pig.  I will have uploaded nothing else except exactly what I will share in a future post. 🔬

Following is the content of the aforementioned cover letter.  I also uploaded the PDF mentioned within this cover letter.  These submissions, in addition to submitting the missing marriage termination documents, resulted in the case being DQ'd.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing provide clarification of the submitted documentation for the I-864 Affidavit of Support in support of my spouse's application for permanent residency in the United States. I would like to draw your attention to the fact that I receive a non-taxable VA disability benefit, which exceeds the minimum income threshold required to sponsor my spouse.

I understand that the immigration authorities require that sponsors meet a certain minimum income requirement to ensure that their sponsored spouse will not become a public charge. I am happy to inform you that my VA disability benefit, which is permanent in nature, exceeds this minimum income requirement.

However, I would like to explicitly clarify that my VA disability benefit is non-taxable and there is no requirement to report this income on my tax returns. Therefore, there are no income tax documents associated with this income. I have attached a statement from the VA confirming the non-taxable nature of my VA disability benefit. (The attached document is also available directly from the VA website at https://benefits.va.gov/BENEFITS/factsheets/serviceconnected/Compensation.pdf.)

I also previously included monthly bank statements extending beyond the past 2 years to show the income has been stable and received in the full amount of the benefit. (The bank statements will also illustrate that the amount only varies annually on par with annual federal Cost-of-Living adjustments.)

I hope that this information will be helpful in your re-evaluation of my I-864 Affidavit of Support. Thank you for your time reviewing this statement with the submitted evidence.

Sincerely, 

[Petitioner's name]

I hope this helps other US veterans seeking to qualify with using only their VA C&P benefit as the means for qualification.

Compensation.pdf

On 4/7/2023 at 2:15 PM, Nimkel said:

Hi everyone I was wondering  if there still other February 2022 filers that are still waiting for approval  like us  we are already waiting for 14 months hope we hear something  this month thanks 

We are still waiting we filed February 11, 2022.

September 14, 2018 - Filed the K-1

September 17, 2018 - NOA1 (Old Site)

September 20, 2018 - NOA1 (New Site)

event.png

On 4/16/2023 at 12:44 PM, Jonah <3 Verlie said:

We are still waiting we filed February 11, 2022.

We filed ours February 12,2022.and until now we are still waiting let’s hope that we here something soon. Maybe tomorrow 😁  waiting is kinda frustrating and lots of heartache being away with our spouse .good luck to both of us

2 hours ago, Nimkel said:

Btw did you already make an inquiry to USCIS about your case ?

Not yet, but their website says that I can inquire about our case May 8, 2023.  Then when I checked their website again this week the inquiry date changed to August 13, 2023.  It is so annoying 😡

September 14, 2018 - Filed the K-1

September 17, 2018 - NOA1 (Old Site)

September 20, 2018 - NOA1 (New Site)

event.png

2 hours ago, Jonah <3 Verlie said:

Not yet, but their website says that I can inquire about our case May 8, 2023.  Then when I checked their website again this week the inquiry date changed to August 13, 2023.  It is so annoying 😡

Yeah it’s kinda confusing  ours says before that we could inquire by march  21st I think and then it change to November 2023 I agree with you it’s kinda annoying it feels like your life is temporarily stop 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.