K_&_A

Embassy in Egypt interview times

209 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, Beshoy Farid said:

What is the next steps to get sls confirmation page and barcode ?

This is the address delivery registration(has 2 barcodes on it) , and the SLS confirmation page we just printed the email they send you from SLS when you register

10 hours ago, Mahmir said:

This is the address delivery registration(has 2 barcodes on it) , and the SLS confirmation page we just printed the email they send you from SLS when you register

how can I get this barcode ? , My case is just ready and I send documents to Embassy , is there frame time when I can get this barcode ?

Timeline

how can I get this barcode ? , My case is just ready and I send documents to Embassy , is there frame time when I can get this barcode ?

Go to CGIFEDERAL website and click on new application/schedule appointment.. then click on IV address registration and follow all the instructions from there until you get to the page that has 2 barcodes on it.. as for the time frame the embassy in Cairo will ask you to bring to the interview

43DCA48B-8766-489E-B360-4B989AA40316.jpeg

2A15CA58-A382-4EC6-A94C-5B5854E850B3.jpeg

88E8753E-DDAB-4C27-881C-2E8776694B2C.jpeg

Edited by Mahmir

15 minutes ago, Mahmir said:

Go to CGIFEDERAL website and click on new application/schedule appointment.. then click on IV address registration and follow all the instructions from there until you get to the page that has 2 barcodes on it.. as for the time frame the embassy in Cairo will ask you to bring to the interview

thanks a lot , but I didn't get my appointment date . Is it ok to get this barcode or wait until getting the appointment date?

Timeline

thanks a lot , but I didn't get my appointment date . Is it ok to get this barcode or wait until getting the appointment date?

You can do this now. 

7 hours ago, Mahmir said:

when I click on new application/schedule appointment does it cancel my previous application which I filled it or not ? 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Beshoy Farid said:

when I click on new application/schedule appointment does it cancel my previous application which I filled it or not ? 

No because you click on IV address registration and is a whole different process

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
22 hours ago, Mahmir said:

No because you click on IV address registration and is a whole different process

Is this website how you schedule the interview? I haven’t gotten an interview letter but will this help me schedule the interview before that? What is this website for?

Timeline
13 hours ago, Veronica Zaytseva said:

Is this website how you schedule the interview? I haven’t gotten an interview letter but will this help me schedule the interview before that? What is this website for?

This is where you complete the DS-160 and the IV address registration. 
The embassy will schedule the interview for you once you send in all the required documents, .. I see that you are IR1/CR1, so I don’t know anything about that process. 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Veronica Zaytseva said:

For IR1/CR1, you complete DS-260 through CEAC and upload all the required support documents. NVC will review your application and supporting documents. After that if you are missing anything, NVC will provide you a RFE (request for evidence) and you have to upload what they asked for. If NVC is satisfied with your documents, they will give you a "documentary qualified" (case complete).

When you're "case complete", you will get an email with the next step is to register for passport delivery (Aramex/SLS). I did mine and it only shows on bar code because DS-260 was filled already. Make sure you print the confirmation sheet with bar code and also the SLS email confirmation.

In the meantime time, NVC will work with US embassy in Cairo to schedule your date of interview and they will provide you a letter of when your appointment date and what to bring with you for the interview.

FYI I got case complete in February 9th and still waiting for my appointment letter.

I hope this helps

Timeline
49 minutes ago, islam-cannotwait said:

For IR1/CR1, you complete DS-260 through CEAC and upload all the required support documents. NVC will review your application and supporting documents. After that if you are missing anything, NVC will provide you a RFE (request for evidence) and you have to upload what they asked for. If NVC is satisfied with your documents, they will give you a "documentary qualified" (case complete).

When you're "case complete", you will get an email with the next step is to register for passport delivery (Aramex/SLS). I did mine and it only shows on bar code because DS-260 was filled already. Make sure you print the confirmation sheet with bar code and also the SLS email confirmation.

In the meantime time, NVC will work with US embassy in Cairo to schedule your date of interview and they will provide you a letter of when your appointment date and what to bring with you for the interview.

FYI I got case complete in February 9th and still waiting for my appointment letter.

I hope this helps

Here is my sheet for reference for CR1

Screenshot_20230226-111733.png

Timeline
On 2/24/2023 at 9:59 AM, Mahmir said:

@Mahmir I noticed your address is set as Aramex address. It that correct? 

Based on the instructions, it should be your address. Just want to make sure 

Screenshot_20230226-112245.png

Timeline
15 hours ago, islam-cannotwait said:

@Mahmir I noticed your address is set as Aramex address. It that correct? 

Based on the instructions, it should be your address. Just want to make sure 

Screenshot_20230226-112245.png

It can be either one, your address  or the address of the SLS near you so you can pick it up

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.