A.P

Bring Birth Certificate to interview or not?

3 posts in this topic

Hi, so there is some complication about my birth certificate and my name.

I am interviewing in London in a few days and have a Pakistani birth certificate.

My birth certificate had a minor spelling error (think ‘a’ to ‘e) in my surname, whereas I’ve been using the ‘correct’ passport spelling of my name all my life.

During the NVC stage, my birth certificate was initially  rejected on the basis that it was an ‘older’, type-writer version that is no longer used today. Because that was all I had at the time, I was told to just resubmit with some comments stating this and I got a deedpoll to support the ‘name change’ just in case which got it approved.

However, after I was close to being DQ’d, I infact was able to get a hold of the ‘new’, digitalized birth certificate which had my correct spelling all along. So I guess my name wasn’t spelled incorrectly on the system after all, I just didn’t know.

My question is should I bring the new birth certificate with me to the interview or just take the older one only since it did eventually get accepted at the NVC.

& if so, should I upload it CEAC beforehand or wait to see if they ask me to at the interview since I know I am not getting approved straightaway (medical is after interview) so will have to wait for the approval anyways.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

London is going to want anything they use uploaded, not just shown at the interview. So upload now or after you speak to them. They would likely be fine with the old version plus deed poll. However a clean record of your properly spelled name on a birth certificate is probably the best to have in you record so you don’t have to keep explaining for future immigration processes. And of course bring the originals or certified copies of both (old+ deed poll, new) with translations. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.