mollenne

Anything after Certificate? Did I leave too soon?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

Hi All,

I'm helping your replies will put my mind at ease: My husband attended his oath ceremony today in Atlanta. No family was allowed inside, so it was only him and the other new citizens. After they gave everyone certificates, one of the leaders ushered a large group of the new citizens into a hallway and told them to wait there. But, after that person left, the group of people went to the elevators, including my husband (just following the group). Now he is worried he might have missed something critical.

Would there have been anything additional he needed to complete while he was inside after getting the official naturalization certificate? Thank you.

K1 Visa

06-13-2015 - Engaged!

07-17-2015 - I-129F packet sent

09-02-2015 - NVC sent case to U.S. Consulate in Jerusalem, packet 3 sent via email

11-04-2015 - Interview (Approved!)

11-19-2015 - K-1 Visa in-hand

12-25-2015 - POE (Atlanta, GA)

AOS/Green Card

01-10-2016 - Got married

01-16-2016 - I-485/EAD application sent (same packet)

03-04-2016 - EAD card arrives in mail (successful expedite)

05-18-2016 - Received AOS letter with interview appointment

06-07-2016 - AOS Interview scheduled (Atlanta) - Approved!

06-15-2016 - Green Card in hand!

ROC

03-24-2018 - Mailed in ROC petition packet

03-27-2018 - NOA (packet received); 1-year extension

05-25-2018 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

they usually offer form to file for voting and explain what to do for SS office and to get US passport

if he turned in the green card and got his certificate ,  i wouldn't worry

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

No. Game, set, match. Stop worrying and pop the champagne l

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.