Ice_Breaker

K-2 visa (part of K-1 application)

7 posts in this topic

I sent I-129F application in December 2021. In Part 2 (Information about your beneficiary) I wrote the child's name and all necessary information (section 39 to 43 in Part 2). However, I have not filed DS-160 or I-134 forms yet.

I googled and found this list:

• Duly filled in Form DS-160 (to be submitted online)
  • Passport
  • Copy of birth certificate
  • Completed Form I-134
  • Affidavit of Support and sponsor documents
  • Passport sized photograph
  • Result of medical examination (from an Embassy accredited physician)

Is it a full list?

DS-160 is filed online (I have not filed it yet). What about other supporting documents?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ice_Breaker said:

However, I have not filed DS-160 or I-134 forms yet.

You wait for the I-129F petition to be approved first.  You will then receive instructions about how to submit the DS-160 and I-134 for each person who needs a visa, plus other required documents depending on the country where the K-1 and K-2 interviews will be done.  Fill out your timeline for best advice.  Good luck!

Edited by carmel34

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ice_Breaker said:

So first I-129F must be approved and then I can file for K-2?

You  need to read and and every link if you want to continue to DIY.  You’ve lots of time to do so, 1-2 years.

1 hour ago, carmel34 said:

You wait for the I-129F petition to be approved first.  You will then receive instructions about how to submit the DS-160 and I-134 for each person who needs a visa, plus other required documents depending on the country where the K-1 and K-2 interviews will be done.  Fill out your timeline for best advice.  Good luck!

Beneficiary is from Brazil as well.

So, DS 160 & I-134 is needed for my fiancée/girlfriend and her child? 

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

You  need to read and and every link if you want to continue to DIY.  You’ve lots of time to do so, 1-2 years.

How do I block you? I don't want to read your messages.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Ice_Breaker said:

How do I block you? I don't want to read your messages.

Top right: click on Menu to get this:

image.png.e676be67668790e4e54293791fff9652.png

then move cursor down to ignored users, click to get this,

image.jpeg.a037bbb4d850f583e6885a0a8823a8b8.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.