jjp85

Has anyone else applied for the Uniting for Ukraine program?

834 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The forms are very easy to fill up. The biographic info is already prefilled you just need to confirm. You can add other family members, so you don't need to be doing an USCIS acct for each of them if they are traveling together!

Edited by Islapaz

Uniting for Ukraine

1-134 submitted - 4/25/2022

I-134 approved - 4/29/2022

Email received by beneficiary - 5/4/2022

Beneficiary submits data to USCBP - 5/4/2022

Received information about travel authorization from USCBP - 5/6/2022 (Approval but no Travel Authorization Document)

Travel Authorization Document- 5/16/2022

2 minutes ago, Islapaz said:

The forms are very easy to fill up. The biographic info is already prefilled you just need to confirm. You can add other family members, so you don't need to be doing an USCIS acct for each of them if they are traveling together!

Do I need to file separately for father and mother or filling for one is sufficient?

4 minutes ago, Islapaz said:

Did you need proofs of vaccinations or they take your word for it?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, PavPav said:

Did you need proofs of vaccinations or they take your word for it?

No, you will need just to choose what applies in your beneficiary case. They even give you the option of vaccinations within 2 weeks of arrival!  There is no need or option to upload any document at this stage. Very easy, not even the need to input info as everything is prefilled. And the best is you can add the other family or group members. No need to make more than one USCIS account for the beneficiaries! At the end you need to click Send to CPS. No mention of biometrics. Hoping really hard they are done at PO. Now we wait again. 

Edited by Islapaz

Uniting for Ukraine

Received information about travel authorization from USCBP - 5/6/2022 (Approval but no Travel Authorization Document)

Timeline
26 minutes ago, PavPav said:

Do I need to file separately for father and mother or filling for one is sufficient?

Only one and then you get the option to add the others that are traveling together. to add the family/ group member you are going to need. A number, passport number and receipt number. then it pulls all their info and you just need to confirm and do the attestations.

Uniting for Ukraine

Timeline

Screenshot 2022-05-04 at 09-37-35 USCIS Account - Home Page.png

Uniting for Ukraine

9 minutes ago, Islapaz said:

Only one and then you get the option to add the others that are traveling together. to add the family/ group member you are going to need. A number, passport number and receipt number. then it pulls all their info and you just need to confirm and do the attestations.

Thank you for your response!

Timeline

You are very welcome! Any news I let you all know ASAP. Hoping for all our love ones to be safe! If this info helps just a tiny bit I am happy.  Best wishes.

Uniting for Ukraine

Timeline
12 minutes ago, JIK said:

Does anyone know what kind of information do they ask for in the biographic section?

Yes! the Bio section it is prefilled with the info the sponsor put on the i-134. The beneficiary just need to check that everything is right and change anything that is not correct. Name/ address/ passport number and so on. If all is fine you don't  need to input any info at all just click submit.

Uniting for Ukraine

Timeline
41 minutes ago, JIK said:

Does anyone know what kind of information do they ask for in the biographic section?

If you are talking about form i-134. https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/i-134.pdf

Uniting for Ukraine

can confirm my partner received her email. she's a bit busy right now so we're gonna fill it out later.

curiously, the USCIS website updated the day of confirmation from 5/1 to 5/5 when I check the case status, so I guess we can say that emails take 3-4 days to be sent out after confirmation, and your date may be updated when it is sent? not sure. 

Timeline
39 minutes ago, visajourney_acc said:

Received the email today. Attestation forms are super simple. 

Couldn't submit the form though,  getting an error.. I wonder if anybody else is having the same issue?..

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 12.12.43 PM.png

Did you check mark all 3 boxes in the Minors part even if it does not apply in your case?

Uniting for Ukraine

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.