MissOphelia

RFE sent 2 weeks ago but no response

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello. 

I had my greencard via marriage interview on April 5th, and because it took so long for them to give me an interview date from when I landed in the US (18 months ago), my medical expired and they made me get a new one, meaning they had to issue an RFE. I went and got the medical, and posted it via usps. That was over a week ago, and my case status hasn't changed. Is this normal? The tracking shows my documents were received the day after i posted them. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 5/1/2022 at 7:56 PM, PeterPan2021 said:

I posted a similar question a couple of days ago.  We are in the same boat as you, but instead of it not posting after 2 weeks, ours has been 2.5 months!

Ha yeah :( its been over a month now and nothing. No update. It's worrying cos the medical costs so much money and I don't even know if they actually have it. 

Did you ever get any updates?

Timeline
On 5/15/2022 at 10:04 AM, Family said:

Go to USCIS case status online and input the case # as they appeared on the RFE , does it show “ we have received a response to RFE on xyz and have resumed working on your case.”  ? Or try calling USCIS and have them confirm receipt of response.

Nope. It just says that they have sent the RFE and are awaiting a response. I know they have it because they signed for it the day after I sent it. 

It’s not unusual for them not to update the website as  more than likely they have not looked at the response yet. Your options are to get an InfoPass,  appeal to Congressman , send letter to the Field Office Director addressing the delay and even email ombudsman….thus apply a bit of pressure on all fronts and bring attention to your case. 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Family said:

It’s not unusual for them not to update the website as  more than likely they have not looked at the response yet. Your options are to get an InfoPass,  appeal to Congressman , send letter to the Field Office Director addressing the delay and even email ombudsman….thus apply a bit of pressure on all fronts and bring attention to your case. 

I did try to call USCIS, and every time I ask to speak to a service representative, the automated system says if I ask again they will terminate the call. 

It's a but rediculous that I can't even speak to someone. I've tried emailing through the USCIS system, and I just get copy paste responses that don't really address anything.. I've been in the US almost 2 years and I'm so damn tired. I just want this to be done

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Family said:

Try interactive USCIS Emma , there is a way to ask for InfoPass ( try using “ lost card” reason ) and will get you to live chat w agent to make an InfoPass…

What's an infopass?

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to post an update in case others in the same situation come across this post and need info.

After several attempts at calling/emailing USCIS, I was unsuccessful at getting a response or update.  The RFE had expired, even though we had sent it in mere days after we were notified of it.  What I did was contact get in touch with my congresswoman.

Within a day, her office got back to me via phone and email, stating that they had been in touch with my local field office.  Within a few days after that, they forwarded me the response they received from the field office. Few days after that, received an update on USCIS stating "Case Approved."

Long story short...If your case has not been updated for a while after any deadlines, do yourself a favor and get your representative involved.  They do in fact help out, as they represent you as their constituent.  Throughout this entire process, so far, communicating with my reps office was the smoothest and most efficient was the most pleasant experience. I cannot thank them enough.

Best of luck to you all, and if anyone needs any help on how I did it, what I sent to them, etc., feel free to DM me.  I will be glad to help you out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.