bigpot38

tracking report of marriage progress

8 posts in this topic

sent report of marriage package to san francisco consulate, any way to track the progress on this? ive been checking the prepaid self return envelope but no tracking movement on it yet either. ive emailed a couple times, to no avail. do they ever respond? id like to know where stuff is at. at this point im paranoid they never actually received it despite tracking showing delivered. 

We mailed ours in February.  All we got was our USPS tracking number that it was delivered.  We marked it No Saturday Delivery coz it is not a working day.. and of course it was delivered Saturday so panic sets in.  We followed up via email, web inquiry to at least tell us the packet was received. Also tried our luck sending via FB messenger as on April 14.  Finally got a response on April 18, reply to our FB message that they are currently processing applications received January 2022.  Of course, we still do not know then if our packet was received.

On April 19, we got a reply from our March 7 and April 4 email, acknowledging the receipt of our application on March 22 with this statement >> In view of the voluminous applications we receive on a daily basis, the turnaround time for processing applications is approximately twelve (12) weeks.

Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, the biggest rush I have for completing the ROM is that my wife can't leave the Philippines until it's done.  So the sooner they process the faster she can join me.  It's absolutely frustrating! 

Hopefully, the backlog is going down since the online marriages should have decreased as well.  Hopefully!

4 hours ago, jmc672 said:

Honestly, the biggest rush I have for completing the ROM is that my wife can't leave the Philippines until it's done.  So the sooner they process the faster she can join me.  It's absolutely frustrating! 

Hopefully, the backlog is going down since the online marriages should have decreased as well.  Hopefully!

Hello.  Is this with CFO processing?  Has she tried to register and mention that her ROM is still in process, and SF Consulate has backlog?

We are about to submit the paperwork to the DFA today.  I spent way too much time trying to figure out a different way to go about submitting to San Francisco due to the backlog and unfortunately slowed the process down even worse. 

Everytime we speak to the CFO, they say that she needs a ROM or marriage certificate on PSA paper... Once the documents are officially submitted, I think we will try again to talk with them.  Have people been successful in getting a CFO that way in the past?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 7:11 PM, hunny&me said:

We mailed ours in February.  All we got was our USPS tracking number that it was delivered.  We marked it No Saturday Delivery coz it is not a working day.. and of course it was delivered Saturday so panic sets in.  We followed up via email, web inquiry to at least tell us the packet was received. Also tried our luck sending via FB messenger as on April 14.  Finally got a response on April 18, reply to our FB message that they are currently processing applications received January 2022.  Of course, we still do not know then if our packet was received.

On April 19, we got a reply from our March 7 and April 4 email, acknowledging the receipt of our application on March 22 with this statement >> In view of the voluminous applications we receive on a daily basis, the turnaround time for processing applications is approximately twelve (12) weeks.

Hope this helps!

Follow-up to my post... I got a surprise in the mail today... Our ROM has arrived!  Registration Date is May 23, 2022.  So that is a little over 3 months of processing from the time they have received our document. I thought my pre-paid USPS priority mail has expired, but it is what was used to send back to us!   We just sent email requesting Transmittal details.  Hopefully we can get PSA document within a month or two, in time for the CFO seminar. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2022 at 7:42 PM, hunny&me said:

Follow-up to my post... I got a surprise in the mail today... Our ROM has arrived!  Registration Date is May 23, 2022.  So that is a little over 3 months of processing from the time they have received our document. I thought my pre-paid USPS priority mail has expired, but it is what was used to send back to us!   We just sent email requesting Transmittal details.  Hopefully we can get PSA document within a month or two, in time for the CFO seminar. 

Update on my post DFA Americas told us in end of May to check back end of June. - After few weekly inquiries, we got the DFA Transmittal Details today - it was transmitted July 8, 2022.  DFA transmits to PSA every Friday.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.