JBRE22022

TSC approved I140s not going to NVC

276 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, JBRE22022 said:

@RDG2022 @José Luís Vieira @susana_1983 Thanks for your replies, that's helpful to better understand the current situation. I received a reply today from Inquiry Management stating that the NVC has received the petition, however they say they will send the instructions "soon". Won't try too much to figure out what that means, but will keep you posted.

image.png.1f84e126ea3fd816947fc4044bd30de4.png

That's wonderful news! Glad to hear that they received your case. Hopefully everything will run smoothly from now on.

Timeline

Thanks @José Luís Vieira and @susana_1983. It actually went faster then I expected and they sent the email today. I paid the fees, and now it's being processed. That will take another 2-3 days before I can fill the DS-260 and upload documents

On 5/17/2022 at 2:52 AM, José Luís Vieira said:

I've been calling and sending e-mail on a weekly basis... I'll probably follow the Ombudsman tip that @RDG2022 gave to us. In the meantime, does anyone has received any updates?

I also have been in same boat. I received the response from USCIS, but totally not helpful. So thinking to raise to ombudsman today to see if they can be of any help.

8 hours ago, JBRE22022 said:

Thanks @José Luís Vieira and @susana_1983. It actually went faster then I expected and they sent the email today. I paid the fees, and now it's being processed. That will take another 2-3 days before I can fill the DS-260 and upload documents

Very happy to learn this mate. Good luck to you and to us..

Timeline

@Sindhieagle Regarding the DS260 one very exhaustive part is gathering information on all your addresses since each applicant was 16. It's tricky to enter the info because there is a time limit to enter information before hitting save button and the form performs a check not letting it be saved if your are not covering all addresses since 16. If you have too many addresses to fill, one way around is filing 2-3 addresses at a time and in the last one fill your 15th birthday or an earlier date as the living since date, save the form, and then correct the date and adding the other address until you have them all. It helps of course to have an spreadsheet already filled with all the information. There is a sample of the DS-260 in the NVC page which is mostly updated from what I saw.

What I need to figure out now is how to upload the documents. According to the NVC website there should be a start here button to be clicked however I still couldn't find it

36 minutes ago, JBRE22022 said:

@Sindhieagle Regarding the DS260 one very exhaustive part is gathering information on all your addresses since each applicant was 16. It's tricky to enter the info because there is a time limit to enter information before hitting save button and the form performs a check not letting it be saved if your are not covering all addresses since 16. If you have too many addresses to fill, one way around is filing 2-3 addresses at a time and in the last one fill your 15th birthday or an earlier date as the living since date, save the form, and then correct the date and adding the other address until you have them all. It helps of course to have an spreadsheet already filled with all the information. There is a sample of the DS-260 in the NVC page which is mostly updated from what I saw.

What I need to figure out now is how to upload the documents. According to the NVC website there should be a start here button to be clicked however I still couldn't find it

@JBRE22022Your tips surely will be helpful for those filling up the form. Specially Having excel pre populated with info. 

Do you mean you are unable to see doucments upload tab? 

Timeline

@Sindhieagle Yes, civil documents tab is not showing for me. This happened before and there is a thread here regarding that. CEAC is also going through maintenance this Saturday, so I won't bother until Monday

21 hours ago, JBRE22022 said:

@Sindhieagle Yes, civil documents tab is not showing for me. This happened before and there is a thread here regarding that. CEAC is also going through maintenance this Saturday, so I won't bother until Monday

That can be technical error as you mentioned. However, a friend of mine recently had same issue. - tab not visible. After waiting for 2 months, he was informed that its not due to technical error but his chosen embassy requires documents to submit via mail (but not online) so hence tab was missing. May be you wish to check once again @JBRE22022

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 5/18/2022 at 11:41 PM, Sindhieagle said:

I also have been in same boat. I received the response from USCIS, but totally not helpful. So thinking to raise to ombudsman today to see if they can be of any help.

Hi, everybody! Does anyone has any updates? I'm still in the same... My lawyer managed to schedule an InfoPass with USCIS to inquiry them about the whole situation. It's sad  but it's taking longer to forward my case from USCIS to NVC than it took to approve the petition. If that doesn't work, then we'll proceed to the Ombudsman. As soon as I have any news, I'll be back to update you.

5 hours ago, José Luís Vieira said:

Hi, everybody! Does anyone has any updates? I'm still in the same... My lawyer managed to schedule an InfoPass with USCIS to inquiry them about the whole situation. It's sad  but it's taking longer to forward my case from USCIS to NVC than it took to approve the petition. If that doesn't work, then we'll proceed to the Ombudsman. As soon as I have any news, I'll be back to update you.

Hi - I already received from NVC the instructions.

After my USCIS status change to Case Was Sent, 3 weeks later the welcome letter was arrived by email.

Something that I did in USCS was open a inquiry by chat. if you text “live chat” and “technical difficulties”  you go to “connect to live chat”.

There you can communicate  w/ a agent and he will open a case to check w/ the tag: T1B XXX XXX XXXX TSC. They back to me in 2W, telling my case was sent  but after the My Case status changed.

Good luck folks

8 hours ago, José Luís Vieira said:

Hi - Lawyer already helped to raise the ombudsman request. Still waiting to hear from them. My case is almost similar like yours - forwarding case time period ~ approving the petition.

2 hours ago, RDG2022 said:

Hi - I already received from NVC the instructions.

After my USCIS status change to Case Was Sent, 3 weeks later the welcome letter was arrived by email.

Something that I did in USCS was open a inquiry by chat. if you text “live chat” and “technical difficulties”  you go to “connect to live chat”.

There you can communicate  w/ a agent and he will open a case to check w/ the tag: T1B XXX XXX XXXX TSC. They back to me in 2W, telling my case was sent  but after the My Case status changed.

Good luck folks

Thats awesome! Did you manage to pay the fee to NVC? I heard it has to be paid online only via US account, is it true? @RDG2022

16 hours ago, Sindhieagle said:

Hi - Lawyer already helped to raise the ombudsman request. Still waiting to hear from them. My case is almost similar like yours - forwarding case time period ~ approving the petition.

Thats awesome! Did you manage to pay the fee to NVC? I heard it has to be paid online only via US account, is it true? @RDG2022

yes, only US account. $345/person. DS-260 you can submit on line, but civil document by mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.