JBRE22022

TSC approved I140s not going to NVC

276 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/1/2022 at 2:48 AM, JBRE22022 said:

I will try to sum up what I believe is happening with the consular processing EB2-NIW cases at the Texas Service Center. It looks like with the acceleration in i140 approvals other parts of the system are backlogging. 

From the sample of about 1000 cases I analyzed, it is clear that that this problem is happening in the Texas Service Center and not in Nebraska. 

One point is that at least in the sample I got (consular processing EB2-NIW cases from a single law firm) the number of approved i140 cases is increasing a lot each week from November / 21. Most Nebraska cases are sent in two weeks while Texas takes at least 30 days and sometimes much more, so that's why we see a lot of grey bars in the graph, especially with the more recently approved cases

image.png.6d5949ec181e54efcd59ad663c27e2a8.png

Please note that this does not mean that the TOTAL caseload of TSC is that much bigger then Nebraska's since this comes from one law firm only and the division between centers is geographically based. 

The differences in processing become more clear when we compare the time for approval and the time between approval and sending the cases to the Department of State 

image.png.49ac556bf176dd49054e4f0b9778f192.png

Texas is approving cases on an accelerating clip, some recent cases have had the i140 approved in less than 60 days. Nebraska hasn't changed much the average length of i140 analysis of about 400 days. 

However, when it cames to sending cases to the department of state,  the situation is different

image.thumb.png.aa93ce63c1a802715a3ec2de2354f11f.png

Again, Nebraska is very consistent with cases and sends pretty much all in about two weeks from I-140 approval and has kept this pace. TSC on the other hand had a massive increase in the time cases take to reach the department of state, beginning with cases approved in the end of 2021 and begging of 2022. Note that only cases already sent to the DS are included, so naturally the average of the recent weeks is lower (a few cases that made it in about 30 days - the bulk of cases approved in the period are still waiting as of the end of April 2022).

So there are many cases waiting for 90+ days, while some clear it faster. I couldn't find any logic or reason why, but nonetheless hope it helps understanding that this is happening with many cases at TSC.

I believe this is caused for a push that increased the number of cases approved and reduced the i140 processing times, with other parts of the process still needing to be adjusted to cope with the demand.

This is particularly delicate since the cases in the step after i140 approval and between arriving in the Department of state are in a process limbo. USCIS tallies backlogs and processing times from receiving forms to approval / denial while the department of state published backlog is between the Documentary Complete and Interview Scheduling steps.  So there is little visibility of this issue. 

image.png

35 minutes ago, Sindhieagle said:

Hi All - I am in similar Situation. Case approved on 12 Nov 2021 but yet to receive any updates from NVC.  USCIS website still showing "Case was approved."  

Sent two inquiries to USCIS. In first (Feb 23) , still processing to sent to NVC. Second (Apr 11)  case is enroute to NVC. ( what does this mean??)  Rest, just waiting desperately. 

On the other hand, an acquaintance received approval on 1 Dec 2021. His case was faster than mine. Currnently, he is waiting for NVC to review his submitted documents. 

I'm sad to hear that it's takin so long. As I've said, my case was approved on January 19. When approaching the 90 days mark without any news, I've contacted NVC by phone and they told me to send an e-mail do the research department. So I did, and in a couple days they replied me that they were going to reach the USCIS to track my case location. By the same time (I guess it was April 13), I've also opened an inquiry at the USCIS using the online chat, where they placed a service request at TSC regarding the case transfer to the NVC. On April 27 they replied the following: We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. Our records indicate that on April 19, 2022, your case was sent to National Visa Center (NVC).

Case still frozen at "Case Was Approved" status, but I've heard that sometimes it never changes... Trying to keep my hopes up, but I must admit it hasn't been easy. The NVC site shows that cases received from USCIS on Abril 19 are being created today, but I don't have any idea of how long it takes for a case to arrive at the NVC after USCIS says that it was sent.

Just like @susana_1983 said, also losing my hope to move this year...

Timeline
1 hour ago, susana_1983 said:

Thank you so much for your analysis. I've noticed that the largest time that one someone waited for this transference was about 105 days. I've been waiting for 102 days and to be honest I'm totally disappointed with all this process.  Losing my hope to move this year :(

@susana_1983You're welcome, hope your case starts moving soon. I think 100 days is on top of the range so makes sense to put more effort on contacting USCIS (calling them for example). I think there is hope since from March on the proportion of cases sent started to increase again, but they still need to clear those approved in the end of 2021 and in Jan-Feb when most of the approved cases are still waiting. And, of course, if the sample I used is indicative of the total, dealing with the increase in approvals.  

Timeline
4 hours ago, José Luís Vieira said:

I'm sad to hear that it's takin so long. As I've said, my case was approved on January 19. When approaching the 90 days mark without any news, I've contacted NVC by phone and they told me to send an e-mail do the research department. So I did, and in a couple days they replied me that they were going to reach the USCIS to track my case location. By the same time (I guess it was April 13), I've also opened an inquiry at the USCIS using the online chat, where they placed a service request at TSC regarding the case transfer to the NVC. On April 27 they replied the following: We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. Our records indicate that on April 19, 2022, your case was sent to National Visa Center (NVC).

Case still frozen at "Case Was Approved" status, but I've heard that sometimes it never changes... Trying to keep my hopes up, but I must admit it hasn't been easy. The NVC site shows that cases received from USCIS on Abril 19 are being created today, but I don't have any idea of how long it takes for a case to arrive at the NVC after USCIS says that it was sent.

@José Luís Vieira Given that you have now this message from the USCIS, have you sent it to NVCResearch@state.gov ? I believe you should receive the email from the department of state over the next days anyway, but might be worth trying in case you don't get it 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Sindhieagle said:

Hi All - I am in similar Situation. Case approved on 12 Nov 2021 but yet to receive any updates from NVC.  USCIS website still showing "Case was approved."  

Sent two inquiries to USCIS. In first (Feb 23) , still processing to sent to NVC. Second (Apr 11)  case is enroute to NVC. ( what does this mean??)  Rest, just waiting desperately. 

On the other hand, an acquaintance received approval on 1 Dec 2021. His case was faster than mine. Currnently, he is waiting for NVC to review his submitted documents. 

@Sindhieagle Sorry to hear that, seems a really long wait. Which consulate do you expect to get your visa from? With the message from the USCIS I believe you should now try sending an email to NVCResearch@state.gov and opening an inquiry at the state department NVC inquiry form . I believe they would try to locate your case since it has been sent by the USCIS

On 5/2/2022 at 1:32 PM, Sindhieagle said:

Sindhieagle, how did you open the inquiry at USCIS?

On 5/3/2022 at 6:04 AM, JBRE22022 said:

@Sindhieagle Sorry to hear that, seems a really long wait. Which consulate do you expect to get your visa from? With the message from the USCIS I believe you should now try sending an email to NVCResearch@state.gov and opening an inquiry at the state department NVC inquiry form . I believe they would try to locate your case since it has been sent by the USCIS

@JBRE22022 Seems like we don’t have a tiny control over things happening there. I have sent emails to nvcresearch fewer times but as usual same response i.e. not located. I hope so but it seems like its abyss of darkness, you just need to stand still until the beam of light shines from somwhere. 

On 5/3/2022 at 1:30 AM, José Luís Vieira said:

Thanks for the response. It seems I am among the odd ones. Case has been on someone’s desk longer. Glad that your case has been located. In my case, I even don’t know what is happening. The last response I received from USCIS stating that its enroute ( not sent to NVC) gave me some hope, but again its nearing a month as it should have been arrived at NVC by now however NO. 

I tried to contact USCIS. Customer representative was helpful and asked me if I have US number so he can arrange a call back from senior peer of his. This also didn’t happen as I am not in US. 

hoping for best and wish everyone good luck! 

6 hours ago, Sindhieagle said:

@RDG2022 Sending them online inquiry using their online tools. However, you can just submit single inquiry within 30days before raising again.

@SindhieagleWhat did you do specific? I have tried open a "Case Outside Normal Time", but w/o success. That's only to 140 processing time and as my case is already approved, the inquiry not allowed to.

15 hours ago, RDG2022 said:

@SindhieagleWhat did you do specific? I have tried open a "Case Outside Normal Time", but w/o success. That's only to 140 processing time and as my case is already approved, the inquiry not allowed to.

@RDG2022TBH, I sought the legal advice and my appointed attorney helped to raise the USCIS request.  I thought it was simple but seems it isn't. May be you can try to give USCIS a call?

On 4/28/2022 at 5:15 PM, José Luís Vieira said:

Hi, everyone!

Not sure if I feel relieved to know that this is not happening just to me or if I feel even more anxious about the whole situation.

My I-140 was approved on January 19, 22 (TSC). Since then, it's been 99 days without any update.

I've called (over two hours of waiting) the NVC and they instructed me to send an e-mail to nvcresearch@state.gov. So I did, but got that same old reply: we're working with USCIS to locate your petition etc.

I've also reached out to the USCIS a couple weeks ago, and yesterday they replied me that my case was sent to the NVC on Abril 19. Thrilled by the news, I then called the NVC again (over an hour and a half) to check if they have received it, but that was not the case.

I guess I'll wait for another week before inquiring everybody again, but I'm keeping the hopes high that the welcome letter will arrive anytime soon!

Hi Jose! Any update on your case?

Timeline

@susana_1983 No news, USCIS mentioned that case was sent on 4/27. Today the department of state started analyzing cases that arrived on that date, so I think it is fair to give about one week before sending a research request. Nonetheless there is still an inquiry I submitted back in early April that will likely be processes in two - three weeks. About you? 

12 hours ago, JBRE22022 said:

@susana_1983 No news, USCIS mentioned that case was sent on 4/27. Today the department of state started analyzing cases that arrived on that date, so I think it is fair to give about one week before sending a research request. Nonetheless there is still an inquiry I submitted back in early April that will likely be processes in two - three weeks. About you? 

There's any update on my case. No answers from USCIS or NVC :(

Timeline
On 5/9/2022 at 9:47 PM, susana_1983 said:

Hi Jose! Any update on your case?

Hi @susana_1983, sorry for taking so long to reply. I'm sad to say that I have no updates to share... Last week I called the NVC, but they didn't receive the case yet. Next week will complete a month since USCIS reportedly sent the case, but I'm trying to not think about all this stuff. I'm anxious and it's really messing with me: can't focus on my work, can't make any plans, can't sleep well... So I'm just trying to be patient, my lawyer said that some times it takes up to 60 days to the casse arrive at the NVC after being sent from USCIS, and that there's not much we can do right now but wait. I just hope that we start to see some welcome letters here in this topic soon!

Timeline
On 5/4/2022 at 2:39 AM, Sindhieagle said:

Thanks for the response. It seems I am among the odd ones. Case has been on someone’s desk longer. Glad that your case has been located. In my case, I even don’t know what is happening. The last response I received from USCIS stating that its enroute ( not sent to NVC) gave me some hope, but again its nearing a month as it should have been arrived at NVC by now however NO. 

I tried to contact USCIS. Customer representative was helpful and asked me if I have US number so he can arrange a call back from senior peer of his. This also didn’t happen as I am not in US. 

hoping for best and wish everyone good luck! 

Sorry to hear @Sindhieagle, it's definitely a long waiting time for any update... USCIS replied via e-mail that my case was sent on April 19th, but the status continues the same in the case tracker. Also, I've read in some other topics people that were informed by USCIS that the case was sent and that wasn't true, something that really concerns me. Anyway, it's been really difficult and the more I read about long waits just like ours, more worried I get.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.