smoothoperaytor

NVC asking for docs I already uploaded

14 posts in this topic

The date for our case review was November, but there were a few documents that weren't correct -- my 1099s and a scanned version of our marriage certificate. After uploading these, we waited 4 more months for another review. 

That review happened today and the response was odd. It's saying that I need to upload all of my 1099s, which I already did. The 1099s under my name say ACCEPTED. However, in my wife's name, it has new Passport and Police Certificate notifications that say INCOMPLETE. What's strange is both of these files were uploaded and ACCEPTED. 

So basically:

• NVC inbox says to upload all 1099s from 2020
  • Uploaded 2020 1099s back in November were ACCEPTED
  • Spouse has new INCOMPLETE documents, but both were already accepted

I plan to call today and see what happened. I wanted to check and see if this is something that's happened to anyone else before. The police certificate will expire in June and I'm hoping we can get our interview before then. 

Edited by smoothoperaytor

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Just give them what they they ask for. You're not gonna win

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline

You said they're asking for it again, right? This happens to lot of people too. You won't be the last nor are you the first. Calling them won't help you with anything. 

Resubmit again. Welcome to USCIS/ NVC. If you don't submit, you will be the one losing 

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

9 minutes ago, Timona said:

You said they're asking for it again, right? This happens to lot of people too. You won't be the last nor are you the first. Calling them won't help you with anything. 

Resubmit again. Welcome to USCIS/ NVC. If you don't submit, you will be the one losing 

Yes. The docs they're asking for were already accepted. No additional info is provided. 

Also seeing this:

PASSPORT BIOGRAPHIC PAGE (1st MARRIAGE-FINAL DIVORCE DECREE) - ACCEPTED 15-OCT-201

PASSPORT BIOGRAPHIC PAGE - UPLOADED (this was requested during the past review in Nov)

My question is about this: PASSPORT BIOGRAPHIC PAGE (1st MARRIAGE-FINAL DIVORCE DECREE).

Are they asking for my spouses passport page before we were married (she was divorced)?

The page I resubmitted was the same one -- the new one with our shared last name. 

--

They also asked for the Police Certificate in Russian. I had uploaded an English/Russian version previously. I guess they wanted the Russian version in a separate PDF, even though it says to merge them into one PDF on the tooltip.

Timeline

I don't understand the PP part..maybe take a picture, black out important stuff and upload for us to help you better

Not sure what the difference is between these too. The one that says (1st MARRIAGE-FINAL DIVORCE DECREE) was accepted. The one that doesn't have (1st MARRIAGE-FINAL DIVORCE DECREE) was requested after a review. I submitted the same passport photo. See attached.

Not sure what exactly they are requesting.

CEAC - Supporting Documents 2022-04-12 09-44-09.png

CEAC - Supporting Documents 2022-04-12 09-44-40.png

passport blurred.png

My guess is either it's a mistake or they want my wife's old passport (pre divorce).

Timeline

I'll just upload both (pre - divorce). Merge all in one document and submit 

Timeline

Odd as it may sound, it may just do the trick. You won't lose anything 

• 2 years later...
On 4/13/2022 at 9:32 AM, smoothoperaytor said:

No, it's odd because the pre-divorce passport is no longer available. When you get a new passport, they take the old one.

What worked for you? I'm getting the same issue now. Please help. 

Is this a glitch?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.