Jer50

Who Handles Religious Exemptions for Medical Exam? [split topic]

57 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am also applying for I-601 waiver for the vaccines for religious objections .  I told the doctor at the medical and he noted it on my medical form.    The consulate already knew I was applying for a waiver.  I didn’t have to tell them.  The interview went well but I  was refused (denied) the immigrant visa at the consulate interview for  not completing the vaccines and deemed “inadmissible”.  I mailed my waiver this week.  I have heard of recent vaccine approvals a few months ago even for someone (AOS processing) who had vaccines not that long ago.  I am praying it will be approved as a matter of discretion based on my sincere beliefs.   If the waiver is denied,  does that mean you are banned entry as an immigrant and non-immigrant? 

16 minutes ago, Bog-can said:

I am also applying for I-601 waiver for the vaccines for religious objections .  I told the doctor at the medical and he noted it on my medical form.    The consulate already knew I was applying for a waiver.  I didn’t have to tell them.  The interview went well but I  was refused (denied) the immigrant visa at the consulate interview for  not completing the vaccines and deemed “inadmissible”.  I mailed my waiver this week.  I have heard of recent vaccine approvals a few months ago even for someone (AOS processing) who had vaccines not that long ago.  I am praying it will be approved as a matter of discretion based on my sincere beliefs.   If the waiver is denied,  does that mean you are banned entry as an immigrant and non-immigrant? 

Right now you can't enter the US as a non-immigrant if you haven't received the COVID vaccine. 

But, that might change in the future.

 Beginning on January 22, 2022, DHS will require non-U.S. individuals seeking to enter the United States via land ports of entry and ferry terminals at the U.S.-Mexico and U.S.-Canada borders to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide related proof of vaccination, as COVID-19 cases continue to rise nationwide. These new restrictions will apply to non-U.S. individuals who are traveling for both essential and non-essential reasons. They will not apply to U.S. citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents, or U.S. nationals.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2022/01/20/dhs-require-non-us-individual-travelers-entering-united-states-land-ports-entry-and

If you are a non-U.S. citizen who is a nonimmigrant (not a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, or traveling to the United States on an immigrant visa), you will need to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before you travel by air to the United States from a foreign country.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html

21 minutes ago, Bog-can said:

have heard of recent vaccine approvals a few months ago even for someone (AOS processing) who had vaccines not that long ago.  I am praying it will be approved as a matter of discretion based on my sincere beliefs.   If the waiver is denied,  does that mean you are banned entry as an immigrant and non-immigrant? 

Thank you for sharing news from the frontline. Yes on refusal to both Immigrant and non immigrant, unless there is a change.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kor2USA said:

Right now you can't enter the US as a non-immigrant if you haven't received the COVID vaccine. 

But, that might change in the future.

 Beginning on January 22, 2022, DHS will require non-U.S. individuals seeking to enter the United States via land ports of entry and ferry terminals at the U.S.-Mexico and U.S.-Canada borders to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide related proof of vaccination, as COVID-19 cases continue to rise nationwide. These new restrictions will apply to non-U.S. individuals who are traveling for both essential and non-essential reasons. They will not apply to U.S. citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents, or U.S. nationals.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2022/01/20/dhs-require-non-us-individual-travelers-entering-united-states-land-ports-entry-and

If you are a non-U.S. citizen who is a nonimmigrant (not a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, or traveling to the United States on an immigrant visa), you will need to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before you travel by air to the United States from a foreign country.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html

I hope the border is reopened soon.  I am asking about entry assuming the Covid travel restrictions are lifted .  

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Family said:

Thank you for sharing news from the frontline. Yes on refusal to both Immigrant and non immigrant, unless there is a change.

My lawyer told me that I am only denied visa and will be able to enter as non-immigrant.  I am so confused .  I have a valid work visa .  

Edited by Bog-can

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Family said:

Your valid work visa will be fine ,  forgive me I did not catch that and now I also noticed you’re  Canadian, so once borders have no COVID restrictions, neither will you. Your attorney was right. 

Thanks for the clarification!  There’s a lot of confusing info out there.  

3 minutes ago, Bog-can said:

Thanks for the clarification!  There’s a lot of confusing info out there.  

Please stay and post on VJ your own experience and I think u need to do a timeline so others may ask u for hel on WHAT your waiver submission consisted of and anything in between. Maybe you can start a thread on the topic. Good luck 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 4/1/2022 at 10:39 AM, Family said:

Please stay and post on VJ your own experience and I think u need to do a timeline so others may ask u for hel on WHAT your waiver submission consisted of and anything in between. Maybe you can start a thread on the topic. Good luck 

The Interview was completed on Monday. Two of the staff were clueless on the waiver policy. Finally had a competent women who understood. She explained if the waiver response is past 6 months we will have to pay/complete a second medical as they are only valid for 6 months. So now we wait.

1 minute ago, Jer50 said:

The Interview was completed on Monday. Two of the staff were clueless on the waiver policy. Finally had a competent women who understood. She explained if the waiver response is past 6 months we will have to pay/complete a second medical as they are only valid for 6 months. So now we wait.

So, you do not have to complete a new waiver? The one you already submitted is fine? 

8 minutes ago, Jer50 said:

Thank you for returning w update!
1. Did you get the Refusal Letter?
2. If so send a copy as” Supplemental Filing to I-601  case #xxxx”

3. Did the more knowledgeable officer take your copy of the I-601 and payment receipt?
4. Is Medical Examiner going to give u a copy of the I-693 ( as he ultimately sent to emabsy)?

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Family said:

Thank you for returning w update!
1. Did you get the Refusal Letter?
2. If so send a copy as” Supplemental Filing to I-601  case #xxxx”

3. Did the more knowledgeable officer take your copy of the I-601 and payment receipt?
4. Is Medical Examiner going to give u a copy of the I-693 ( as he ultimately sent to emabsy)?

Received a refusal memo

No

Yes provided a copy of I-601 with proof of payment

Working with Medical Examiner

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Kor2USA said:

So, you do not have to complete a new waiver? The one you already submitted is fine? 

Correct..no issue about submitting one week to US prior to interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.