makaleza

I-751 Denied, Spouse Withdrew Petition

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm a PhD candidate in a University here in the US. I originally came to the US on an F-1 visa in 2002 but eventually met someone I like and we got married in November 2003. In 2005 I got a conditional residency. Few months after I moved up north, but my spouse really didnt like that because she is from the south. We ve been having minor problems since then.She only came a few times to visit me. Few days ago, we both appeared at the Philadelphia district office and after she was called in first and spent over an hour with the immigration officer, the officer made her withdraw the petition. She denied having any knowledge of the references and lied to the immigration officer. The officer took her words against mine, and believed I was the liar since she is a "US citizen". The officer told me to expect a denial letter in the mail and I know what that means.He also suggested that I get an immigration lawyer too. I really need some help now. I am in the middle of my Ph.d program in Engineering and I have been going to school since my first day here in the US and have never been in trouble.The officer claimed all the documents I submitted were fake since my US citizen spouse denied the knowledge of all the documents. Now my references may also be in trouble as well, since my wife told the immigration officer that she doesnt know about the references.

Edited by texas2tall4u

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I think that it would be a wise idea for you to hire an immigrations lawyer. Good luck to you.

[color=#800080]AOS

Lawyer sent Aos package 07-27-2007

Medical 08-01-2007

Check cashed -08-23-2007

NOA - 08-27-2007

Biometrics scheduled - 09-12-2007

Biometrics for EAD and AOS 09-12-2007

Received RFE for medical and co-sponsor tax returns

(Tax returns were sent) also letter from employer

needed, and last 6 months pay stubs.

RFE: 09-11-2007

Sent RFE back to lawyer 10-10-2007

EAD card production ordered 06-11-2007

EAD received 17-11-2007

Interview date for 01-08-2008[/color]

Approved! Card Production ordered 01-08-2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The only thing we can help you with is advise you to get a lawyer...

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

:( I am so sorry to hear about your situation. Your wife must be pissed of you but she should not have done that. Anyway, look for a good immigration lawyer to help you. Goodluck.

N-400

June 08, 2009 - Mailed packet to TX lockbox

June 12, 2009 - USCIS TX received Packet

June 15, 2009 - Notice Date

June 19, 2009 - Recieved NOA

July 15, 2009 - Scheduled for biometrics

Sept 21, 2009 - Scheduled for Interview ....Passed the interview test

Oct. 16, 2009 - Oath taking

----------------------------------------------------------------

Never let a day go by without a dream.

Dream and dedication are a powerful combination.

I'm a PhD candidate in a University here in the US. I originally came to the US on an F-1 visa in 2002 but eventually met someone I like and we got married in November 2003. In 2005 I got a conditional residency. Few months after I moved up north, but my spouse really didnt like that because she is from the south. We ve been having minor problems since then.She only came a few times to visit me. Few days ago, we both appeared at the Philadelphia district office and after she was called in first and spent over an hour with the immigration officer, the officer made her withdraw the petition. She denied having any knowledge of the references and lied to the immigration officer. The officer took her words against mine, and believed I was the liar since she is a "US citizen". The officer told me to expect a denial letter in the mail and I know what that means.He also suggested that I get an immigration lawyer too. I really need some help now. I am in the middle of my Ph.d program in Engineering and I have been going to school since my first day here in the US and have never been in trouble.The officer claimed all the documents I submitted were fake since my US citizen spouse denied the knowledge of all the documents. Now my references may also be in trouble as well, since my wife told the immigration officer that she doesnt know about the references.
Few months after I moved up north, but my spouse really didnt like that because she is from the south. We ve been having minor problems since then.She only came a few times to visit me.

No matter what she said I imagine the IO would look at this as not being a "bonafide marriage".

Unless you "makeup" you are in for a rough ride or maybe even a plane ride!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

oh she said didn't know her references .. she didn't know her aunt??? how could she not know her aunt..

that is ridiculous.

actually i know a girl who married a marine.

she was sexually and physically abused by her husband. he is extremely controlling.

he turned around and says she married him for a greencard, which isn't true at all

she moved back to france and then india (she's french indian) with her daughter. i guess she's happy.

but some people do not have any integrity.

i'm kind of in a bind too.

i just filed for removal of condition late june. my husband got up and decided he needs to start somewhere new to figure out himself and moved to texas in early june, i couldn't go due to academic reasons as well.

we are not angry at each other, but we are not talking productively either. all of our friends think he's acting irrationally.

we kind of agreed that we'll both move to seattle next summer, but meanwhile....

he wouldn't ever say anything bad in front of the immigration officer, but i am frustrated with his behavior as well as our inability to communicate effectively right now. i am worried about our future.

sigh--- i work 40 hours and go to school full time. i'm so tired.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
..... we both appeared at the Philadelphia district office and after she was called in first and spent over an hour with the immigration officer, the officer made her withdraw the petition. She denied having any knowledge of the references and lied to the immigration officer. ....

Maybe you should talk to your wife...

How did he make her withdraw a petition...hold a gun to her head??

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

..... we both appeared at the Philadelphia district office and after she was called in first and spent over an hour with the immigration officer, the officer made her withdraw the petition. She denied having any knowledge of the references and lied to the immigration officer. ....

How did he make her withdraw a petition...hold a gun to her head??

Spouse doesn't want to talk about it and wants divorce.Said ' I don't care if you go back to your country"

Maybe the fact that you moved away in 2005 has something to do with how your wife is feeling about all this..... education is one thing marriage is something far more important....

Maybe the officer feels you came to the US for an education and just used your wife to get here...

Kez

Edited by Niagaenola

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You do not need references.

When you apply jointly you do need to be in a marriage.

Her filing for divorce precludes that.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

How did he make her withdraw a petition...hold a gun to her head?

Spouse doesn't want to talk about it and wants divorce.Said ' I don't care if you go back to your country"

Seems that there are more than minor problems in this marriage.

Maybe the fact that you moved away in 2005 has something to do with how your wife is feeling about all this..... education is one thing marriage is something far more important....

Maybe the officer feels you came to the US for an education and just used your wife to get here...

The OP was already in the US on a student visa when he met his wife. So he couldn't possibly have "used her to get here."

I agree with everyone else, you need a lawyer and fast.

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.