Dilyad khana

Humanitarian Reinstatement Reaffirmation

29 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Dilyad khana said:

I came to U.S a week ago. 😁

That is fantastic!

I just had a couple questions if you don’t mind shedding some light:

1) When you sent your request, did you get any notification that your documents have been received or not? If yes, how long after submission did you get the notification?

2) Which center was your petition in? EAC, WAC, NAC?

2 hours ago, sp864 said:

That is fantastic!

1) When you sent your request, did you get any notification that your documents have been received or not? If yes, how long after submission did you get the notification?

2 hours ago, sp864 said:

That is fantastic!

my mother  died my case was with nvc center they sent case back to uscis  we sent all documents to uscis but they didnt confirmed your document we received but uscis send letter to us your request for humantarian ground we are reviewing it we will send action of notice that means document they received it ..but its 3rd year now no decision yet it takes too much longer to review :(  

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, sp864 said:

That is fantastic!

1. Yes it's like this. The Department of State sent us your case for review. 

2. It was Vermont center

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: F-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 11/13/2023 at 9:56 AM, Tina A said:

Hello @Dilyad khana I have a similar case . My petitioner died . Quick question, how did you file your Humanitarian request letter? Did you  physically submit the letter and all supporting documents or upload it in a USCIS account ?  Appreciate feedback . Thanks 

I hired a lawyer who submitted the request and all supporting documents to the USCIS via postal mail.

Timeline
On 8/3/2022 at 10:54 AM, Dilyad khana said:

I used the deceased petitioner under petitioner name and used his old address. 

Hello Dilyad,

Thank you for sharing this. I am at the same stage and had a same question about DS-260 Petitioner Information. I just wanted to ask if entering deceased petitioner information on DS-260 was the right decision and that you have received the Green Card without any further inquiry. 

Timeline

CAEC has reactivated my F3 case after USCIS reaffirmed I-130. I have two questions. How do I complete AOS? Should I upload substitute sponsor's documents under deceased petitioner and add a comment? On DS-260, what should I enter under Petitioner Information?

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2024 at 8:39 AM, Nick P said:

CAEC has reactivated my F3 case after USCIS reaffirmed I-130. I have two questions. How do I complete AOS? Should I upload substitute sponsor's documents under deceased petitioner and add a comment? On DS-260, what should I enter under Petitioner Information?

Hi there, I am in the same boat, in this post I shared how I have proceed on it if it helps you. 

• 1 month later...

Yes we have been in the similar situation as to our case has been reaffirmed and sent back to NVC but the account of ceac is still locked. It's been more than a month of waiting and we aren't able to call anyone for this. We only have notification online by USCIS that they reaffirmed our case. Not sure if we have to action on anything or just wait for NVC to come back on this? Thanks

@Dilyad khana could you please let me know whether did you have to resubmit all beneficbeneficiaries documents and substitute petitioner (guess yes for a new petitioner) ? Our case was documentarily approved and were waiting on interview but due to petitioner’s death, we requested for humanitarian reinstatement and this has now been reaffirmed by uscis. Our case is still locked by NVC. Guess they also take 2.5 months time to reopen. We are waiting for that now. If you could let me know about the docs,  would be great. Thanks. 

@Dilyad khana 

Edited by Sam Shar
Multiple posting

@Dilyad khana could you please let me know whether did you have to resubmit all beneficbeneficiaries documents and substitute petitioner (guess yes for a new petitioner) ? Our case was documentarily approved and were waiting on interview but due to petitioner’s death, we requested for humanitarian reinstatement and this has now been reaffirmed by uscis. Our case is still locked by NVC. Guess they also take 2.5 months time to reopen. Thanks. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.