Dilyad khana

Humanitarian Reinstatement Reaffirmation

28 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

My petition was at NVC stage, I had gotten the case number and invoice and access to CEAC account, but then our petitioner died and NVC locked my CEAC account. Then after a few months,  I filed humanitarian reinstatement in 2021. This year on 27 January 2022, USCIS approved my  humanitarian reinstatement application with the following update. 

Case Approval Was Reaffirmed And Mailed Back To Department Of State

As of this date it has been 45 days, the NVC has not unlocked my CEAC account. When I try to login into CEAC the following notice appears;

Your petition has been returned to USCIS for administrative action and is no longer at the NVC

Anyone with a similar experience, please let me know how long will it take for NVC to open my CEAC account, now that the petition is reaffirmed. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 5:44 PM, Dilyad khana said:

My petition was at NVC stage, I had gotten the case number and invoice and access to CEAC account, but then our petitioner died and NVC locked my CEAC account. Then after a few months,  I filed humanitarian reinstatement in 2021. This year on 27 January 2022, USCIS approved my  humanitarian reinstatement application with the following update. 

Case Approval Was Reaffirmed And Mailed Back To Department Of State

As of this date it has been 45 days, the NVC has not unlocked my CEAC account. When I try to login into CEAC the following notice appears;

Your petition has been returned to USCIS for administrative action and is no longer at the NVC

Anyone with a similar experience, please let me know how long will it take for NVC to open my CEAC account, now that the petition is reaffirmed. Thanks.

Hi, i just got my reaffirmation this week after 3 years.  Same question here If when can I expect the NVC to get back to me to continue the processing. Looking forward to hear from you.

Timeline
On 4/13/2022 at 7:05 AM, Qmoonlight42 said:

Hi, i just got my reaffirmation this week after 3 years.  Same question here If when can I expect the NVC to get back to me to continue the processing. Looking forward to hear from you.

Congratulations, our reaffirmation took only 6 months. So I have new information regarding CEAC opening. After USCIS reaffirmed and sent my petition to state department on 27 January 2022. I got an email from NVC that they have unlocked my CEAC to continue the processing on April 11 so it took about two months and 15 days. Wish you luck. 

1 minute ago, Dilyad khana said:

Congratulations, our reaffirmation took only 6 months. So I have new information regarding CEAC opening. After USCIS reaffirmed and sent my petition to state department on 27 January 2022. I got an email from NVC that they have unlocked my CEAC to continue the processing on April 11 so it took about two months and 15 days. Wish you luck. 

Thank you. I think the country also matters. I'm in Philippines and the priority date for this country took more than 20 yrs to wait in my case F3. Hoping for my NVC to unlock my CEAC soon. It's the same case and invoice number from original right? Thanks for responding.

Timeline

Y

4 minutes ago, Qmoonlight42 said:

Thank you. I think the country also matters. I'm in Philippines and the priority date for this country took more than 20 yrs to wait in my case F3. Hoping for my NVC to unlock my CEAC soon. It's the same case and invoice number from original right? Thanks for responding.

Yes, the case and invoice are the old ones. you will get email from nvc like the following;

The National Visa Center (NVC) updated the status of your immigrant visa application. Please go to the Department of State's Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) at https://ceac.state.gov/IV. You will need your NVC case number and invoice ID number to log into your account.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/17/2022 at 4:52 PM, Dilyad khana said:

Hello! Hi my CEA was unlocked 2 weeks ago. We are now filing for DS-260, just a question, the name under Petitioner information is our deceased petitioner right? How about the address to use? What address did you use? Is it the address of your substitute sponsor? I am kinda confused on this part.  Please let me know thanks!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Qmoonlight42 said:

Hello! Hi my CEA was unlocked 2 weeks ago. We are now filing for DS-260, just a question, the name under Petitioner information is our deceased petitioner right? How about the address to use? What address did you use? Is it the address of your substitute sponsor? I am kinda confused on this part.  Please let me know thanks!

I used the deceased petitioner under petitioner name and used his old address. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Qmoonlight42 said:

Hi thank you! How's your application? His last address before he died right? 

I am documentarily qualified and waiting for interview. Yes just use his last address. I also used my own phone number in petitioner phone. 

2 minutes ago, Dilyad khana said:

I am documentarily qualified and waiting for interview. Yes just use his last address. I also used my own phone number in petitioner phone. 

My dad's last physical address right or the one registered in NVC as I remember he changed his address in 2007 and was recognized by NVC but he also moved to another place and hasn't changed the address.  Thanks and congratulations. How many months it took after you filed your ds260 and submitted your civil documents?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Qmoonlight42 said:

My dad's last physical address right or the one registered in NVC as I remember he changed his address in 2007 and was recognized by NVC but he also moved to another place and hasn't changed the address.  Thanks and congratulations. How many months it took after you filed your ds260 and submitted your civil documents?

Yes, Use his last address. I filed ds260 on 15 April and NVC accepted it on July 21. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Any update on your request?

On 4/7/2023 at 3:14 AM, nurkan said:

Hi

same case with me my mother died , nvc center send back my case to uscis,, last year 2022 uscis send letter to me your case is reviewing  but now 11 month gone no replied from uscis ,anybody knows how much time now taking for humantarian reinstatment review by uscis please help me thankyou 

Any update on your request?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.