JojoandTomas

MARCH 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

227 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Mhousto3 said:

Joining this thread. Received my noa2 March 4 and have received nothing from NVC. I’ve called nvc a few times and keep being told that they haven’t received my file from Uscis. Is there anything I can do?

This is concerning, especially since members of the "February NOA2 -> NVC" thread were receiving NVC case numbers ~3 weeks after their NOA2. I've been told that USCIS shipping of approved I-797s has been greatly delayed, and given the silence in this thread it seems to be true. My guess is that there was a surge of approvals brought on by Ukranian/Russian expedite approvals and this is causing delays. That's purely a guess though. My NOA2 was March 25th so it's only been 2 weeks for me. I don't know if USCIS has similar batch-ship dates like NVC does when they batch up the documents and mail them to embassies every 2 weeks, maybe someone can shed some light there. I do see that NVC's website says they're currently creating cases for petitions that arrived from USCIS on April 1st so it appears the bottleneck is USCIS shipping them to NVC.

Edited by C@m

17 minutes ago, C@m said:

This is concerning, especially since members of the "February NOA2 -> NVC" thread were receiving NVC case numbers ~3 weeks after their NOA2. I've been told that USCIS shipping of approved I-797s has been greatly delayed, and given the silence in this thread it seems to be true. My guess is that there was a surge of approvals brought on by Ukranian/Russian expedite approvals and this is causing delays. That's purely a guess though. My NOA2 was March 25th so it's only been 2 weeks for me. I don't know if USCIS has similar batch-ship dates like NVC does when they batch up the documents and mail them to embassies every 2 weeks, maybe someone can shed some light there. I do see that NVC's website says they're currently creating cases for petitions that arrived from USCIS on April 1st so it appears the bottleneck is USCIS shipping them to NVC.

I was told by a worker at NVC that they would be able to tell me as soon as the file arrived from the USCIS. I talked to a tier 2 agent who is forwarding my question as to why it hasn’t been shipped to the california service center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 hours ago, C@m said:

Hey, it seems that there is a bottleneck but things are still moving forward! We received our NOA2 on February 16 and just (5 minutes ago) received an email from the NVC saying that our application is now em route to the embassy! We will all make it sooner rather than later :)

7 minutes ago, Milkman199 said:

Hey, it seems that there is a bottleneck but things are still moving forward! We received our NOA2 on February 16 and just (5 minutes ago) received an email from the NVC saying that our application is now em route to the embassy! We will all make it sooner rather than later :)

Congratulations! That's great news 👏   so it's taking about ~2 months to go from NOA2 to en-route to embassy then. Was this the first communication from NVC or did they contact you when they received the approved petition? I ask because they're supposed to email you the case information once they create the NVC case number. This also gives you time to contact them to update any contact (address/email) information for the petitioner or the beneficiary which might've changed between when you filed the I129F and when it was approved. Can you update your timeline? :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, C@m said:

Congratulations! That's great news 👏   so it's taking about ~2 months to go from NOA2 to en-route to embassy then. Was this the first communication from NVC or did they contact you when they received the approved petition? I ask because they're supposed to email you the case information once they create the NVC case number. This also gives you time to contact them to update any contact (address/email) information for the petitioner or the beneficiary which might've changed between when you filed the I129F and when it was approved. Can you update your timeline? :)

Thanks! We’re so excited! This was the first, yes; I had my fiancé call them a week or so ago, however, and they did actually have my case and case number. My fiancé updated our email addresses over the phone and then today we received this email so I would advise everyone to call if they can! I’ll update my timeline now 🙂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Milkman199 said:

Thanks! We’re so excited! This was the first, yes; I had my fiancé call them a week or so ago, however, and they did actually have my case and case number. My fiancé updated our email addresses over the phone and then today we received this email so I would advise everyone to call if they can! I’ll update my timeline now 🙂

So it's an email you receive, and not a letter in the mail? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, I129f49619 said:

1 minute ago, I129f49619 said:

We’ve received an email but my fiancé’s correspondence address is her parents house (out of state) since she’s renting an apartment right now. We will update you should we get a letter too. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

NVC said our case was received last week and finalised yesterday. However, they only gave my fiancé  the NVC number but not the invoice number. Where is the invoice number used?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
6 minutes ago, strwbrysky said:

NVC said our case was received last week and finalised yesterday. However, they only gave my fiancé  the NVC number but not the invoice number. Where is the invoice number used?

Congratulations! I believe you need both case and invoice number to log into CEAC

Spoiler

K-1 Visa (I-129F)                                       AOS (I-485) & EAD (I-765)

2021-04-03: Sent (USPS)                  2022-07-23: Sent (UPS)

2021-04-05: NOA1                              2022-07-25: USCIS Received

2022-03-25: NOA2                             2022-07-28: Received two texts with receipt numbers

2022-04-19: NVC Received               2022-07-29: Check cashed

2022-05-16: Embassy Received       2022-08-01: Received paper notifications

2022-06-24: Interview                       2022-08-04: Received online access code

2022-06-28: Visa Received               2022-08-05: Applied for SSN, CaseTrack notified Bio appt scheduled

:dance:                                                    2022-08-11: Received paper notification for Biometrics

2022-08-12: Received SSN card

2022-08-23: Biometrics appointment

2023-01-12: RFE

2023-01-13: RFE evidence submitted via online account

2023-06-01: EAD Approved, card arrived 06-12 

2023-07-02: AOS Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
5 hours ago, JoooonMoi said:

Congratulations! I believe you need both case and invoice number to log into CEAC

Thanks! Should I make a CEAC account? I was able to check the status of my case though and it didn’t ask for any invoice number. That’s why I was wondering.. 🤔 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
33 minutes ago, strwbrysky said:

Thanks! Should I make a CEAC account? I was able to check the status of my case though and it didn’t ask for any invoice number. That’s why I was wondering.. 🤔 

My mistake!! I’m also trying to wade through all the info >.< Seems K1 folks don’t need to make CEAC account since we submit DS-160 through beneficiary’s respective consulate websites. This is all confusing…maybe it’s required when we fill out DS-160? Hopefully someone who has gone through the process can clear the air. Once again, I apologize!!!

Spoiler

K-1 Visa (I-129F)                                       AOS (I-485) & EAD (I-765)

2021-04-03: Sent (USPS)                  2022-07-23: Sent (UPS)

2021-04-05: NOA1                              2022-07-25: USCIS Received

2022-03-25: NOA2                             2022-07-28: Received two texts with receipt numbers

2022-04-19: NVC Received               2022-07-29: Check cashed

2022-05-16: Embassy Received       2022-08-01: Received paper notifications

2022-06-24: Interview                       2022-08-04: Received online access code

2022-06-28: Visa Received               2022-08-05: Applied for SSN, CaseTrack notified Bio appt scheduled

:dance:                                                    2022-08-11: Received paper notification for Biometrics

2022-08-12: Received SSN card

2022-08-23: Biometrics appointment

2023-01-12: RFE

2023-01-13: RFE evidence submitted via online account

2023-06-01: EAD Approved, card arrived 06-12 

2023-07-02: AOS Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Which number are you guys calling? Last time I called was last Wednesday the number for Immigrant Visa they told me its taking 8 weeks to get Case ID number. I get confused what a K1 visa is. Is it immigrant or non immigrant case. 

Which one should I call? 
1 (603) 334-0700 Immigrant Visa number

1 (603) 334-0888 Non immigrant visa number

I was approved on 3/14/16 and still no case ID number

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.