JojoandTomas

MARCH 2022 K1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

227 posts in this topic

Welcome and Congratulations on your approval!

This thread was created for those who are waiting for their NOA2  K-1 case assignment from NVC and then tracking your case onwards to your Embassy.  

A few helpful NVC links:

NVC phone number is  (603)334-0888

Best time to call is first thing in the morning or late in the evening to avoid any extended wait times.

Once you’ve received your NVC case number you can track your case online using the following link, until it is sent to your embassy:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

If you need to change an address or need to update your info in anyway NVC has a public inquiry form where you can submit your request:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Inside the attached PDF below are a few tips, tricks and hacks to help you along the way.

These are items that everyone asks for, so they have been put together by Greenbaum for you to refer to when necessary. If you are new to thisthreadplease read as these are most asked questions multiple times.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

Below you’ll find the 2022 Shipping Dates calendar I created so you can track when your case might be sent from NVC to your embassy. 

image.thumb.png.f130c755d65d3d5084df26f6f71b0126.png

Edited by JojoandTomas
Forgot to include the shipping dates calendar!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My case was approved February 28 and we filed our NOA1 in March 2021! We haven’t received our NOA2 yet but I’m guessing we will get it this month! Exciting times! Good luck all 🙏

2 hours ago, Milkman199 said:

My case was approved February 28 and we filed our NOA1 in March 2021! We haven’t received our NOA2 yet but I’m guessing we will get it this month! Exciting times! Good luck all 🙏

Most likely you’ll be getting it very soon. Congrats on your approval!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi everyone! Our NOA2 is on March 14. We don't have the NVC number yet or the NOA2 paper copy. I just want to ask when do I start filling out DS160? Do I fill it out once we get our NVC number or I can start now? 

16 hours ago, strwbrysky said:

Hi everyone! Our NOA2 is on March 14. We don't have the NVC number yet or the NOA2 paper copy. I just want to ask when do I start filling out DS160? Do I fill it out once we get our NVC number or I can start now? 

Generally people have been waiting until the petition is actually at the embassy before filling out the DS160

Timeline
6 hours ago, JojoandTomas said:

Generally people have been waiting until the petition is actually at the embassy before filling out the DS160

I see. I’ll just have to wait for now then. Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
18 hours ago, LemonLemonade said:

After 417 days... I can say... we got approved on March 22, 2022. Now, more waiting lol, but we can be in this thread 

That's awesome, well done!!

We called the NVC today and we finally have a case number. We're so excited and can't wait for the next stage!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, gus_mili said:

We called the NVC today and we finally have a case number. We're so excited and can't wait for the next stage!

Thank you very much! Yea it is quite tiring the process, but at least that first part is done lol

So it took around 3 weeks! I am very excited for you! lol some people to fly by after the NOA2, I hope yours too. I will definitely start calling NVC soon 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
22 hours ago, gus_mili said:

congrats!!!!! I need to call them soon also. I was approved on March 16. 

Edited by Danae Smilie

Timeline
On 3/24/2022 at 11:25 AM, gus_mili said:

We called the NVC today and we finally have a case number.

Hi! When calling the NVC, which numbers do you ask for?? Only the case number and invoice number?? Sorry if it has been answered before!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, strwbrysky said:

Hi! When calling the NVC, which numbers do you ask for?? Only the case number and invoice number?? Sorry if it has been answered before!

I'm new at this lol but I was reading and Sandy advised me to get the case # and the invoice # . I was told to tell them to confirm the petitioner and the beneficiary emails to make sure we don't miss anything

Timeline
2 hours ago, LemonLemonade said:

I'm new at this lol but I was reading and Sandy advised me to get the case # and the invoice # . I was told to tell them to confirm the petitioner and the beneficiary emails to make sure we don't miss anything

I see! We’ll do that when we call NVC. Many thanks! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.