SKAMMA

I-751 ROC March 2022 Filings

87 posts in this topic

On 3/31/2022 at 2:23 PM, yoda one for me said:

Ahhh! My text message came in! They haven't cashed the check yet (as far as my online banking says - nothing pending out yet) but yay!

Case number starts with LIN. Which one's that again?

Sent USPS Priority mail - Friday 25th March

Delivered to IL PO Box - Sunday 27th March

E-notification receipt sms - Thursday 31st March

Check cashed Friday April 1st :)

Aaaand my NOA arrived today with the 24 month extension.

Now for the long wait. Wonder if I'll have to do biometrics or if they'll reuse my AOS data.

1 hour ago, yoda one for me said:

Aaaand my NOA arrived today with the 24 month extension.

Now for the long wait. Wonder if I'll have to do biometrics or if they'll reuse my AOS data.

Awesome - LIN seems to be responding pretty actively. Not sure if its bc they added IL to precess cases. Hope you dont get interview too since you had AOS in the US!

5 hours ago, jnmee said:

Hope you dont get interview too since you had AOS in the US!

My AOS interview was waived during lockdown so I'm expecting to be called in for a ROC interview most likely.

Still, would be nice to get waived through again! Hopefully I put enough in my packet to make it a straightforward decision so it's just going to come down to policy, I guess.

On 4/4/2022 at 4:53 PM, yoda one for me said:

My AOS interview was waived during lockdown so I'm expecting to be called in for a ROC interview most likely.

Still, would be nice to get waived through again! Hopefully I put enough in my packet to make it a straightforward decision so it's just going to come down to policy, I guess.

With the new risk based approach for I751 just announced a few days ago , maybe there would not be an interview for you either if they deem your evidence sufficient. So glad they would consider doing this : ) 

On 3/30/2022 at 6:09 PM, jnmee said:

March 22, 2022 Submitted I 751 vis UPS
March 24, 2022 Deck received by AZ Lockbox
March 25, 2022 Credit Card Charged
March 28, 2022 Received Txt with Case Receipt No.
March 30, 2022

Receipt of I 797 with typo, requested correction 

April 9, 2022

Receipt of Biometrics apt for Apr 28

update - got my bio appointment confirmed for Apr 28 

41 minutes ago, jnmee said:

With the new risk based approach for I751 just announced a few days ago , maybe there would not be an interview for you either if they deem your evidence sufficient. So glad they would consider doing this : ) 

Yep! I'm hopeful we'll start to see a bit more movement on a lot of cases now as they should be able to start zipping through the backlog. Fingers crossed! 

• 3 weeks later...

I have my bio appt completed yesterday - smooth process - I checked myself in, I asked if they could correct the typo in my first name. As many experienced the ASC is not able to change that, so I made sure I verified with the staff there that they had inputted my name with correct spelling on the form provided by them.  

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, yoda one for me said:

Just got a notification that fingerprints were taken which meeeeans biometrics waived and reused from AOS. Woo!

Where is your service center if you don’t mind me asking. Heheh

Just now, Jha01 said:

Where is your service center if you don’t mind me asking. Heheh

I got a LIN case number, so Nebraska. It's almost 2 months to the day since they got my initial application.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 hours ago, yoda one for me said:

I got a LIN case number, so Nebraska. It's almost 2 months to the day since they got my initial application.

Same happened with me, bio reuse notice after almost two months. 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

• 1 month later...

Received letter today 07/18 stating that biometrics were waived and reused from AOS.

ROC timeline

Delivered: 3/1/22

Text with receipt number: 3/3/22

Biometrics Reuse notice: 07/14/2022

N400

Filed online 01/14/2023

Biometrics Reuse notice: 01/14/2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.