cyndallita

Frankfurt Direct Consular Filing 2021-2022

49 posts in this topic

On 5/8/2022 at 4:56 PM, myjourney123 said:

hey :) I have one question to your case. Did you have to fill out the I-864 too? Or the I-864A? Or just your husband? Thanks! 

Hello

Yesterday I went to schedule our appointment with Frankfurt Consulate.  Did the registration address thing and then to do the appointment.  I was a bit surprised when it didn't like give a list of available appointments to select from.  It just said that something like we would be contacted later.  Is this what happened to you.  Just wondering if I did something wrong.  

1 minute ago, Truth_Seeker said:

Hello

Yesterday I went to schedule our appointment with Frankfurt Consulate.  Did the registration address thing and then to do the appointment.  I was a bit surprised when it didn't like give a list of available appointments to select from.  It just said that something like we would be contacted later.  Is this what happened to you.  Just wondering if I did something wrong.  

Hello,

unfortunately I cannot answer that question because I still haven’t heard back from the consulate after submitting our I-130s. It’s been two weeks today. 

But I think usually there should be appointments showing up on the website because in a Facebook group that I’m joining a lady from Ukraine said she has her appointment next week in Frankfurt and there were several slots available to pick from. I hope you’ll get an answer for that soon or can schedule your appointment asap.

735467916_ScreenShot2022-05-13at8_07_02AM.png.d2378428ed188f11bf0875d257ce9c61.pngGot the email yesterday to schedule an appointment with the Frankfurt Consulate.  Got this response after submitting.  Was a bit surprised that we didn't see appointment dates.  

Did I do something wrong.  How long does it take before we will see some dates pop up?

735467916_ScreenShot2022-05-13at8_07_02AM.png.d2378428ed188f11bf0875d257ce9c61.png735467916_ScreenShot2022-05-13at8_07_02AM.png.d2378428ed188f11bf0875d257ce9c61.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 8.07.02 AM.png

Edited by Truth_Seeker
k

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Truth_Seeker said:

735467916_ScreenShot2022-05-13at8_07_02AM.png.d2378428ed188f11bf0875d257ce9c61.pngGot the email yesterday to schedule an appointment with the Frankfurt Consulate.  Got this response after submitting.  Was a bit surprised that we didn't see appointment dates.  

Did I do something wrong.  How long does it take before we will see some dates pop up?

735467916_ScreenShot2022-05-13at8_07_02AM.png.d2378428ed188f11bf0875d257ce9c61.png735467916_ScreenShot2022-05-13at8_07_02AM.png.d2378428ed188f11bf0875d257ce9c61.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 8.07.02 AM.png

Do you have your CEAC account already? You can check schedules from there. Also, it might take one day or two before you can schedule.

Hello everyone! 😊

My husband just received the approval note for our I-130 and we got emails with further instructions. 

I do have some questions and hope someone can help me. 

The picture I added shows a line where I have to fill out my intended travel date. But I don’t know that yet, I mean as soon as my visa gets approved of course? What did you guys fill out there? 

Also, we got an email that said to fill out the DS-260, that’s what I’m doing right now, right? And after they approved my packet 3 I can schedule an appointment? 

Another thing is that: “For Immigrant Visa Applicants PROOF OF DOCUMENT DELIVERY ADDRESS: Please remember to include a copy of your address registration confirmation page with the other documents that you send to the Consulate before your interview.”

Does that only apply in regards of choosing the delivery option of the visa? 

Thank you all so much and have a wonderful day! 😊

2BC2B26A-CA54-42DC-BF7B-3E15D4833587.jpeg

On 5/13/2022 at 7:55 AM, Truth_Seeker said:

Hello

Hey! I have a question about the DS-260. My petitioner is for sure my husband, he’s currently stationed in Germany with the military, but only until the end of June. So they’re asking for his address in the DS-260, do you put in your address from Germany or the US? 

35 minutes ago, myjourney123 said:

Hey! I have a question about the DS-260. My petitioner is for sure my husband, he’s currently stationed in Germany with the military, but only until the end of June. So they’re asking for his address in the DS-260, do you put in your address from Germany or the US? 

Four our current address, I used my German Address, and there is a place for an address for where you plan to move.  There I used my home of record.

BTW, you can only do consular processing if the U.S. Spouse has been in Germany for like six months.  So, you need to keep the story straight.  With that said, if you have an approval for the I-130 and they have invited you to fill out a DS-260, I would do it as soon as you can knowing it takes about 8 days to approve.  Also, you will need a medical exam, and the one place that does them in Frankfurt are all booked up.  You might have to go to Berlin, Hamburg, or München for that.  You can also just keep checking back with their booking system to see if an appointment opens up.  Here is the web address of the docs that do examinations here in Frankfurt.  https://www.internisten-im-westend.de/medical-visa/ We were fortunate and got an appointment for this Thursday.

1 minute ago, Truth_Seeker said:

Four our current address, I used my German Address, and there is a place for an address for where you plan to move.  There I used my home of record.

BTW, you can only do consular processing if the U.S. Spouse has been in Germany for like six months.  So, you need to keep the story straight.  With that said, if you have an approval for the I-130 and they have invited you to fill out a DS-260, I would do it as soon as you can knowing it takes about 8 days to approve.  Also, you will need a medical exam, and the one place that does them in Frankfurt are all booked up.  You might have to go to Berlin, Hamburg, or München for that.  You can also just keep checking back with their booking system to see if an appointment opens up.  Here is the web address of the docs that do examinations here in Frankfurt.  https://www.internisten-im-westend.de/medical-visa/ We were fortunate and got an appointment for this Thursday.

Thank you so much.

Yes, he’s been living here since 2019, we sent his military orders with the I-130s. So I’ll put our German address in there as well. 

We got out I-130 approved today and that’s why I prepared the DS-260 today, the consulate sent us an email. And we’re collecting the rest of the documents to send to the consulate as well. 

Could I go to the medical examination even though I don’t have an interview appointment yet? Because I’ve seen that sometimes slots are opening up spontaneously. For something like next week.

Btw, thanks for all the help. I appreciate it a lot. 

3 minutes ago, myjourney123 said:

Thank you so much.

Yes, he’s been living here since 2019, we sent his military orders with the I-130s. So I’ll put our German address in there as well. 

We got out I-130 approved today and that’s why I prepared the DS-260 today, the consulate sent us an email. And we’re collecting the rest of the documents to send to the consulate as well. 

Could I go to the medical examination even though I don’t have an interview appointment yet? Because I’ve seen that sometimes slots are opening up spontaneously. For something like next week.

Btw, thanks for all the help. I appreciate it a lot. 

From my understanding, you only need according to their site:   Paperwork from the U.S. Consulate with Case Number if available(DS-260 od DS-160 confirmation page) 

Also, another long pole is the "Police Certificate/Report for the various countries that the immigrant has lived in.  Note, Thailand took 30 days to hand ours over.  

One last thing, the medical exam is only good for 6 months.   And your VISA expiration is tied to it.  So your visa expires six months after your medical was given.  

20 hours ago, Truth_Seeker said:

From my understanding, you only need according to their site:   Paperwork from the U.S. Consulate with Case Number if available(DS-260 od DS-160 confirmation page) 

Also, another long pole is the "Police Certificate/Report for the various countries that the immigrant has lived in.  Note, Thailand took 30 days to hand ours over.  

One last thing, the medical exam is only good for 6 months.   And your VISA expiration is tied to it.  So your visa expires six months after your medical was given.  

Thanks again for the information!

I do have one last question. After you filled out the DS-260 form you have to e-sign it and there's that "Enter your NVC Case Number:" Do we have that? Or what do we have to put in there? 

1 hour ago, myjourney123 said:

Thanks again for the information!

I do have one last question. After you filled out the DS-260 form you have to e-sign it and there's that "Enter your NVC Case Number:" Do we have that? Or what do we have to put in there? 

Your NVC Case number is the case number that is on your I-130 for DCF cases.  For Frankfurt it begins with FRN

25 minutes ago, Truth_Seeker said:

Your NVC Case number is the case number that is on your I-130 for DCF cases.  For Frankfurt it begins with FRN

Thanks, I did that and submitted it. 
I’m just confused about what it says on the picture about the next step since it’s DCF. Did you do that? I’m so sorry, I have 100s of questions.

A8EE9C83-2F52-44FE-A156-461312CCF1EF.jpeg

3 minutes ago, myjourney123 said:

Thanks, I did that and submitted it. 
I’m just confused about what it says on the picture about the next step since it’s DCF. Did you do that? I’m so sorry, I have 100s of questions.

A8EE9C83-2F52-44FE-A156-461312CCF1EF.jpeg

There should be a print button some place.  I can't remember where.  Also,  you will get an email with an attachment of the confirmation page.  Additionally, I would suggest you also go into the site and download a copy of the application itself.  If questions are going to be asked during your interview, most likely they will want to verify some of the data you submitted.

Pro Tip:  If you are submitting documents that required translation like I did, make sure you submit the ORIGINAL Pen and Ink Signed Translation Certificates.  I didn't and now we have to bring them on interview day.  Not a big thing, but it would have been nice to come in empty handed.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.