cyndallita

Frankfurt Direct Consular Filing 2021-2022

49 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I am in the process of starting my DCF for my German spouse to move with me back to the US because I have a job offer there for this upcoming September (2022).

Will we also have to get an affidavit of support if I will have a job there? 

I haven't had income since 2020, but I have some savings in my bank account.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
9 minutes ago, nnnicoolee said:

Hello!

I am in the process of starting my DCF for my German spouse to move with me back to the US because I have a job offer there for this upcoming September (2022).

Will we also have to get an affidavit of support if I will have a job there? 

I haven't had income since 2020, but I have some savings in my bank account.

You will probably need a joint sponsor.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your timeline. When you were told to schedule an appointment, how many open appointments were available? Was Feb 15th the earliest available appointment for you? I just sent off packet 3 and am now waiting to receive the permission to schedule an appointment. I'm wondering what to expect, how soon an appointment may be available in Frankfurt. I've already had my medical.

Timeline
2 hours ago, USbound22 said:

Thank you so much for your timeline. When you were told to schedule an appointment, how many open appointments were available? Was Feb 15th the earliest available appointment for you? I just sent off packet 3 and am now waiting to receive the permission to schedule an appointment. I'm wondering what to expect, how soon an appointment may be available in Frankfurt. I've already had my medical.

There were available slots the next week right away. So around 6 dates were open. I just chose the date to have enough time for my medical to arrive in the embassy

Hi again! Thank you for your help. I scheduled my appointment today,  yay!

The earliest time slots were in the beginning of May, probably due to Easter.

I have another question, maybe you can help me as you have just gone through this process:

When I signed up to create a profile for the appointment, and clicked "Schedule" I was led through several pages of information I had to give. One page was about the visa delivery option and address. It said that I was going to be prompted to pay after confirming the address and premium delivery but when I did just that there was no prompt to pay the delivery fee. I looked again after scheduling the appointment, and I can't seem to find a place to pay for the delivery fee anywhere on this scheduling page.

Am I supposed to pay it in Frankfurt at the time of the appointment? I just don't want to show up and not have paid it and end up having problems because of that.

Timeline
On 4/5/2022 at 9:31 AM, USbound22 said:

Hi again! Thank you for your help. I scheduled my appointment today,  yay!

The earliest time slots were in the beginning of May, probably due to Easter.

I have another question, maybe you can help me as you have just gone through this process:

When I signed up to create a profile for the appointment, and clicked "Schedule" I was led through several pages of information I had to give. One page was about the visa delivery option and address. It said that I was going to be prompted to pay after confirming the address and premium delivery but when I did just that there was no prompt to pay the delivery fee. I looked again after scheduling the appointment, and I can't seem to find a place to pay for the delivery fee anywhere on this scheduling page.

Am I supposed to pay it in Frankfurt at the time of the appointment? I just don't want to show up and not have paid it and end up having problems because of that.

No. You should have done that before doing the scheduling. On CEAC there is another tab where you can choose the delivery options. 

On 4/10/2022 at 10:18 AM, nnnicoolee said:

Hi, 

I have another question. What forms or evidence did the joint sponsor need to show? 

Just the tax transcripts? Anything else?

Pay slips.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hi, 

Thank you so much for your timeline and the list of documents. Could you explain what the I-130A form is? I thought we only needed the I-130. We are applying for DCF in Frankfurt soon and want to prepare all the documents as early as possible. 

Thank you,

Iva

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2022 at 10:07 PM, cyndallita said:

Hi everybody! Just wanted to share my timeline for those who plan to do it through DIRECT CONSULAR FILING. 

Visa category: CR1 visa

Petitioner: dual citizen (US/DE)

Beneficiary: PH citizen living in DE

Oct 9 2021- aksed US Embassy in Frankfurt whether our case falls under the extraordinary circumstances allowed to file for DCF.

Circumstance: my half german half USC husband got a job relocation from German company to its US branch. I sent then the job contract

Oct 10- approved and asked us to send i-130 files.

Oct 11 - sent packet 1 / i-130

-proof of bona fide marriage (pics, travels together, wedding pics)

-petitioner’s us passport

-petitioner’s EU ID card to prove residence in germany

-marriage cert

-i130 and i130A forms

Oct 28- approved i-130

Collected documents required for packet 3 and paid US tax for 3 years (this was the reason of the delay, because normally if you have complete docs then DCF usually just takes 1-2 months)

Jan 10 2022 sent out packet 3

-affidavit of support form

-1040 of main sponsor

-job contract

-lease contract (he went to US ahead of me)

-proof of opening US bank accounts

-pay slips 

-joint sponsor AOS

-joint sponsor tax transcripts

-pay slips

-my police certs (german and PH)

-birth cert

-passport photocopy

-german residence permit photocopy

Jan 18  - approval of packet 3 requested to schedule appointment

Feb 3- medical examination at frankfurt 

Feb 15- interview at US embassy Frankfurt

Feb 17- admin processing

Feb 18 - issued

Feb 22 - shipped 11:55am

Feb 23 - visa on hand 11:12 am

Thank you so much for all the answered questions from this group! Such a life saver!

hey :) I have one question to your case. Did you have to fill out the I-864 too? Or the I-864A? Or just your husband? Thanks! 

Timeline
On 5/8/2022 at 4:56 PM, myjourney123 said:

hey :) I have one question to your case. Did you have to fill out the I-864 too? Or the I-864A? Or just your husband? Thanks! 

Only the sponsors fill those up. So my petitioner and joint sponsor

On 5/9/2022 at 7:51 PM, cyndallita said:

Only the sponsors fill those up. So my petitioner and joint sponsor

Thank you! :)  Did you get an email after you sent your first package to the consulate (I-130s) that they received it or did you just wait after you sent it? Thanks again! I’m sorry for all those questions. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.