AriDavid

Awaiting Interview at US Embassy in Lagos

75 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

In January 2022 they sent IL to CR1/IR1 that were DQ early December 2020 the interview dates were for February 2022. However some got rescheduled to April and May 2022.

Timeline

My question to the exacted is when are they going to start interview for the k1’s visa applicant who filed on January 2020. My case has been approved since April 2021 and recieved by NVC in April 13,2021. However, in one month from now this will make it another year!!!!! What is Lagos doing ????? Anybody else waiting like me for NVC to send the case to embassy ???

Timeline
11 hours ago, Lyndacute said:

My question to the exacted is when are they going to start interview for the k1’s visa applicant who filed on January 2020. My case has been approved since April 2021 and recieved by NVC in April 13,2021. However, in one month from now this will make it another year!!!!! What is Lagos doing ????? Anybody else waiting like me for NVC to send the case to embassy ???

They haven't started shipping the K1s that got to NVC in 2021 yet. The last K1s sent was those that got to NVC in November and December 2020 on December 7th, 2021. NVC stage for Nigeria K1 is about 13 months currently.

Timeline
1 hour ago, PatLuvO said:

They haven't started shipping the K1s that got to NVC in 2021 yet. The last K1s sent was those that got to NVC in November and December 2020 on December 7th, 2021. NVC stage for Nigeria K1 is about 13 months currently.

Wow thanks so that means I will have to wait another year. Damn!!! Now it’s going 4 years for k1 wowwwwwww

13 hours ago, Lyndacute said:

Wow thanks so that means I will have to wait another year. Damn!!! Now it’s going 4 years for k1 wowwwwwww

Getting an interview date in Nigeria is another war, since June 2021...and it's not looking like they have a plan for us in this category. 

Timeline
On 2/22/2022 at 2:07 PM, Lyndacute said:

Unfortunately I’m stuck in that phase too. I thought the USCIS wait was the annoying wait turns out nvc is worse

Timeline
16 hours ago, Lyndacute said:

It won't be 4 years don't worry.  You got to NVC in 2021 so your case will move at some point in 2022. In the mean time just make sure you have all the other documents needed for the interview and work on compiling your call/chat logs. Make sure your fiancé has an attestation of birth from NPC.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Teminikon said:

Any information on the Interview dates for F4 Visa DQ since January 2020

A few F categories that were DQ in early 2020 got interview dates for February 2021 but some got rescheduled. I am not sure if they were F4 specifically.

Timeline
2 hours ago, VersaVersa said:

Getting an interview date in Nigeria is another war, since June 2021...and it's not looking like they have a plan for us in this category. 

When the portal opens dates get picked pretty quickly try checking in the morning between 8:30am and 10:30am Nigeria time. In the past when the portal opened throughout 2021 it was usually during that time. K1 interviews are ongoing just that things are very slow.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, PatLuvO said:

When the portal opens dates get picked pretty quickly try checking in the morning between 8:30am and 10:30am Nigeria time. In the past when the portal opened throughout 2021 it was usually during that time. K1 interviews are ongoing just that things are very slow.

Oh ok I’m just saying nvc said that they was working on cases last year for the year 2020.  

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lyndacute said:

Oh ok I’m just saying nvc said that they was working on cases last year for the year 2020.  

Yea the K1 cases for Nigeria that got to NVC in 2020 have all been sent to the embassy. The 2021 cases will be moving in 2022.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Lyndacute said:

Things will get better and you will get past this stage so please remain encouraged.🙏🏾 I know the feeling because I have been through it also. Just know that it won't be like this forever. Everything will be fine 🙂.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, PatLuvO said:

Things will get better and you will get past this stage so please remain encouraged.🙏🏾 I know the feeling because I have been through it also. Just know that it won't be like this forever. Everything will be fine 🙂.

Thanks PatLuvo I appreciate 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.