Oleg92

ACRO no live trace

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

The UK government’s explanation.

https://www.gov.uk/caution-warning-penalty

A solicitor’s take https://www.howardkennedy.com/en/latest/blog/a-quick-guide-to-adult-cautions-under-the-england-and-wales-legal-system

How cautions (simple and conditional) are handled, and are they considered a criminal conviction?

If you accept a caution, it will be recorded against you on the Police National Computer. It is therefore likely to be disclosed by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as part of a standard or enhanced disclosure certificate, in the event of an application for employment in a particular type of work, such as working with children or vulnerable adults, or as part of a visa application.

A caution is not a criminal conviction. Therefore, if a person with a caution is asked whether they have a criminal conviction they can properly say no. However, if they are asked whether they have any convictions or cautions they will be required to declare it.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 2/9/2022 at 7:54 PM, natbto said:

He had his interview today at the embassy and was given a refusal as they said they needed more info from ACRO and to give consent to ACRO to release information to the embassy, which we did. 

Hello @natbto

Very informative post.

If you don't mind, could you explain how you gave ACRO permission to give your SAR to the US embassy and when you did so?

Was that as part of your initial SAR application or was that after you received their response (containing your data)?

And did you do that via email or some other means?

Did you have to get anything countersigned or notarised?

Looking at the letter I got from the embassy regarding this and also looking online I can't find clear instructions on how exactly to do this. 

As time if of the essence I am trying to avoid making a mistake.

Thank you in advance.

- L

On 8/12/2023 at 1:30 PM, audeyc said:

Hello @natbto

Very informative post.

If you don't mind, could you explain how you gave ACRO permission to give your SAR to the US embassy and when you did so?

Was that as part of your initial SAR application or was that after you received their response (containing your data)?

And did you do that via email or some other means?

Did you have to get anything countersigned or notarised?

Looking at the letter I got from the embassy regarding this and also looking online I can't find clear instructions on how exactly to do this. 

As time if of the essence I am trying to avoid making a mistake.

Thank you in advance.

- L

I resolved this. 

You can order the SAR and inform them of the consent independently. 

I ordered the SAR by emailing them a completed SAR application, (obtained from the ACRO site), along with a copy of my passport.

I informed them of my consent by phoning them. They then sent me an email requesting consent and I replied to that email to confirm. 

- L

• 2 months later...
On 2/6/2022 at 7:59 PM, Oleg92 said:

At the time of completing the ds-260 I answered "no" to the question if I have been arrested or convicted. My acro certificate came back with "no live trace". After doing research about what that means it says that I have a record which is not relevant anymore. Anyway would this effect my green card chances or can I tell the consular during the interview about the misunderstanding?

How did this end up. I’ve just received my ACRO and it shows an okd DUI in Germany as stepped down. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.