knmuffin

Interview Date Received, I-864 no longer correct!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi all! So happy, we just received our interview date for next month! 

When we originally filed at NCV (way back in 2020), I filed the I-864 as I was working full time. I submitted tax transcripts from 2017, 18, and 19. I have since quit, but I expect another job offer before March (I am actively interviewing). Either way, the I-864 is incorrect. My parents have agreed to act as the sponsor for now just in case I don't get a new offer before March. But I'd like to wait a bit to see if I get an offer first. Just as a note, we never got any request to update anything or submit new documents. 

My questions:

1. Do we have to upload my (or my parents') new I-864 to CEAC or just bring it to the visa interview? Will this impact our interview if we upload new docs to the CEAC website? 

2. Will a new job contract (signed and accepted) count as proof of income?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Good Morning, no a new job is not what they will look at the interview letter would tell you what you will need. the only look at the most recent that would be 2021 since 2021 taxes just came out you should be good still with the 2020. Just in case safe then sorry have your parents file the i-864 as joint sponsor and only show if they ask for it. i was dqed 2019 my interview was 9/2021 since it was after tax time I had to upload my 2020 tax info

1 hour ago, knmuffin said:

Hi all! So happy, we just received our interview date for next month! 

When we originally filed at NCV (way back in 2020), I filed the I-864 as I was working full time. I submitted tax transcripts from 2017, 18, and 19. I have since quit, but I expect another job offer before March (I am actively interviewing). Either way, the I-864 is incorrect. My parents have agreed to act as the sponsor for now just in case I don't get a new offer before March. But I'd like to wait a bit to see if I get an offer first. Just as a note, we never got any request to update anything or submit new documents. 

My questions:

1. Do we have to upload my (or my parents') new I-864 to CEAC or just bring it to the visa interview? Will this impact our interview if we upload new docs to the CEAC website? 

2. Will a new job contract (signed and accepted) count as proof of income?

Congratulations wish you well. Please what month were you Dqed 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
10 hours ago, Justus Forever said:

Good Morning, no a new job is not what they will look at the interview letter would tell you what you will need. the only look at the most recent that would be 2021 since 2021 taxes just came out you should be good still with the 2020. Just in case safe then sorry have your parents file the i-864 as joint sponsor and only show if they ask for it. i was dqed 2019 my interview was 9/2021 since it was after tax time I had to upload my 2020 tax info

Whether a new job will suffice to avoid using parents as joint sponsor will depend on the actual facts including how long the person was out of work between jobs and their totality of other circumstances.  You actually do get sent a link to what to bring and that would include, at minimum, the latest newer tax return.  It's  always advised to bring a current pay stub to show you are still employed, but it is often not asked for.

DO...expect your spouse to be asked where you work and your occupation. If you are not employed on the interview date, she MUST tell the truth.  It is this truth or the truth of the job change that dictates what the Consular Officer will require/request at interview.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
18 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Whether a new job will suffice to avoid using parents as joint sponsor will depend on the actual facts including how long the person was out of work between jobs and their totality of other circumstances.  You actually do get sent a link to what to bring and that would include, at minimum, the latest newer tax return.  It's  always advised to bring a current pay stub to show you are still employed, but it is often not asked for.

DO...expect your spouse to be asked where you work and your occupation. If you are not employed on the interview date, she MUST tell the truth.  It is this truth or the truth of the job change that dictates what the Consular Officer will require/request at interview.

Thanks for your answer! I'm in grad school - I quit my full time job in November 2021, just do contract work for now for the same company but not near full time. My 2020 W2 shows sufficient $$ and I'll be employed again by March. No intention of my spouse lying though. 

I didn't get any link of anything to upload - this was mostly what I was curious about. I know it says to bring updated tax docs, but I was just trying to find out if I had to also upload them to CEAC, or if I choose to use my parents as a joint sponsor, If I have to upload their docs to CEAC or my spouse just brings the completed and signed I-864s and their tax info in hand to the interview. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, knmuffin said:

Thanks for your answer! I'm in grad school - I quit my full time job in November 2021, just do contract work for now for the same company but not near full time. My 2020 W2 shows sufficient $$ and I'll be employed again by March. No intention of my spouse lying though. 

I didn't get any link of anything to upload - this was mostly what I was curious about. I know it says to bring updated tax docs, but I was just trying to find out if I had to also upload them to CEAC, or if I choose to use my parents as a joint sponsor, If I have to upload their docs to CEAC or my spouse just brings the completed and signed I-864s and their tax info in hand to the interview. 

Bring means bring.  However, if you are not EMPLOYED by the date of the interview, you should upload a full joint sponsor package.

Note that "contract work" is usually not as an "employee" but rather self employment.  Self employment income NOW is not current income in this context.  It doesn't count as income UNTIL it shows on a tax return.  If you are actually employed now, even at a lower rate, then your spouse can truthfully say you are still employed by the same employer.

You mention next month as when your wife will interview and March (next month) as when you will be employed again, but you don't say which happens first.  That's critical to decision about a joint sponsor.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.