Ozan

Updated Ukrainian Embassy News? Please help with clarity

19 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, millefleur said:

Well, that's confusing and disheartening. What were the other reasons to select from?

The list of reasons the representative read to me over the phone are exactly the ones listed on the official USCIS webpage titled "How to Make an Expedite Request". The reasons are listed in bolded text. At the time of this writing, there are 5 reasons beginning with "Severe financial loss..." and ending with "Clear USCIS error".

I got notified that my expedite request was not granted.

Although your situation appears serious, the information you have provided is insufficient to establish that your expedite request meets the following guidelines:
*Severe financial loss to a company or person, provided that the need for urgent action is not the result of the petitioners or applicants failure to:

Timely file the benefit request , or
Timely respond to any requests for additional evidence;

*Emergencies and urgent humanitarian reasons;
*Nonprofit organization (as designated by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)) whose request is in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States;

*U.S. government interests (such as urgent cases for federal agencies such as the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Labor, DHS, or other public safety or national security interests);

*Clear USCIS error.

I am too tired of them. Wishing everyone more insane patience.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 1/26/2022 at 8:19 PM, Mike and Liliia said:

Call USCIS ( 800-375-5283) Tell the automated system schedule an appointment and say its for biometric to get to a person or you never will.

Once your I129F is approved you can call NVC to transfer your case to another local embassy if Kyiv is still closed. I will most likely choose either Hungary or Poland for the visa interview.

I just requested this week they expedite my I129F for my fiancee because of the conflict in Ukraine I will find out in a week if it's approved. (I did it via phone)

On 1/26/2022 at 3:12 PM, Ozan said:

Hello ,

I have been waiting for my I-129F to be approved since April 2021.
In the Ukrainian embassy website https://ua.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/ it states

What I don't understand is does this mean that they will not process my case once the I-129F is approved? Or is it for people who try to apply for I-129F after today?
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to a contact USCIS representative to ask questions. 
I really appreciate all your time and answers!

Kyiv is not closed.  They are processing visas normally.

We continue to interview K-1 visa applicants whose I-129F petitions have been approved and sent to Embassy Kyiv, and will continue to do so as long as staffing resources allow.

On April 1, 2021, the Embassy resumed processing in every immigrant visa category, including K visas and diversity visas. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Please be aware that just about every expedite request category is to alleviate an emergency for the USC petitioner.  Unfortunately, USCIS does not consider hardships for the foreign fiance or spouse to be a valid reason.

Threat of war also does not qualify.  Actual war has a chance for expedite under humanitarian aid.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.