murrv

I-693 help, so confused!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a question about if I need a new medical. I moved to the US in Dec 2020 with a K1 visa, two weeks before my medical expired. I applied for the AOS in March 2021. I thought that I didn't need a new medical because it was within a year of my K1 medical being expired. I received an RFE notice after I submitted my AOS application. I FINALLY got my interview scheduled for next month and in the interview notice it says that it could be that I just need my vaccination records reviewed again or I could need a whole new medical. How do I tell which I need? How do I find a doctor to do this medical?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Just bring your DS-3025 to the interview. If a new medical is needed, the interviewing officer will issue an RFE.

What was the initial RFE about? 

Oh yeah good call, I'm thinking before my K1 interview I was so worried they would need something and it would delay my approval but I guess now it doesn't really matter.

My RFE was for a 693, I didn't submit one with my AOS application because I didn't have a copy (since I had to hand it in during K1/border)

7 minutes ago, murrv said:

Oh yeah good call, I'm thinking before my K1 interview I was so worried they would need something and it would delay my approval but I guess now it doesn't really matter.

My RFE was for a 693, I didn't submit one with my AOS application because I didn't have a copy (since I had to hand it in during K1/border)

And how did you respond, what did you send?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

And how did you respond, what did you send?

It said to bring 693 to interview so I was planning on getting another medical once I had my interview notice and then the wording on the interview notice confused me about what I needed. 

Just now, murrv said:

It said to bring 693 to interview so I was planning on getting another medical once I had my interview notice and then the wording on the interview notice confused me about what I needed. 

That's weird. An RFE requires you to actually send documents.

The letter heading must read "REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE" and it should contain a list of the things you must send. 

Can you upload a picture of it? (If you do, conceal all the personal information).

Timeline
On 1/21/2022 at 12:22 PM, Allaboutwaiting said:

That's weird. An RFE requires you to actually send documents.

The letter heading must read "REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE" and it should contain a list of the things you must send. 

Can you upload a picture of it? (If you do, conceal all the personal information).

Ok so I reread it (and attached a picture). it's not an RFE, it said I need to bring a 693 to my interview and if I didn't get scheduled an interview I would receive an RFE notice. I got the letter like a month after I had a baby so I guess I didn't read it well. So I guess that means I do need a new medical? I just thought since I had one for the k1 that expired only 3 months before I applied for the AOS I wouldn't need one. 

IMG_0125_copy.jpg

4 hours ago, murrv said:

Ok so I reread it (and attached a picture). it's not an RFE, it said I need to bring a 693 to my interview and if I didn't get scheduled an interview I would receive an RFE notice. I got the letter like a month after I had a baby so I guess I didn't read it well. So I guess that means I do need a new medical? I just thought since I had one for the k1 that expired only 3 months before I applied for the AOS I wouldn't need one. 

Did you include the DS-3025 in your I-485 packet? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, murrv said:

IMG_0125_copy.jpg

Just ignore the letter. The medical for AOS comes from the K1 package we give to CBP. Whoever received your AOS package in your field office didn't realize this was AOS from K1 and issued the deficiency notice. When it's time for the interview, your K1 package should have been delivered to the local office.

Timeline
18 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Did you include the DS-3025 in your I-485 packet? 

I didn't. I didn't realize I still had it, I thought it was submitted with my medical. I'll bring it to my interview.

10 hours ago, Ayrton said:

Just ignore the letter. The medical for AOS comes from the K1 package we give to CBP. Whoever received your AOS package in your field office didn't realize this was AOS from K1 and issued the deficiency notice. When it's time for the interview, your K1 package should have been delivered to the local office.

That's amazing, thank you!!

5 hours ago, murrv said:

I didn't. I didn't realize I still had it, I thought it was submitted with my medical. I'll bring it to my interview.

That's why they sent that letter. 

When the interview is about to be scheduled, they review the AOS packet but they do not have the K1 packet in hand, so the only evidence of you going through the medical is the vaccination records form; that's why it must be sent with the rest of the AOS documents. 

So yes, just bring the DS-3025 to the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.