Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

StillthePrettiest,

I actually started tracking them myself on paper. I know that sounds boring and time consuming but actually it only takes a few minutes a day. I wanted to do this to help pass the time till my approval date. :)

Debz,

If you will fly between Omaha and UK, you should try Northwest connecting in Minneapolis. Or United to either Chicago or Denver. Lucky you will live right in the middle of our country so you can go explore the whole thing. Omaha is getting nice too, still cheap to buy a nice home, friendly people, a good place to raise a family, you should be excited!

Visa took too long, grew apart and withdrew visa after six months.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Another big Vegas fan here. :dance:

Scott and I went there in 2005 and fell in love with it. We've decided to get married there at the Little White Wedding Chapel. We were hoping to get married on 30th January 2008 but now it looks like it will be 'whenever'. :rolleyes:

hi to the newbie :)

welcome!!!

i met eric when i was on my exchange-year in arizona. all the exchange-students have been out bargolfing that night, and i've never been that drunk before in my whole life. he asked me out on a breakfast-date at 8.30am the next morning, to test if i would get up despite the massive hangover, to check out if i would be "worth it". lol. the rest is history.

VEGAS!!! we will maybe do the vegas-weddign thing elvis, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it would be SO MUCH FUN! partying will all our friends!!!

and honeymoon in disney!!!!! (don't tell Eric, he'll probably run......;))

i'm still trying to solve my dress-problem. i ordered another corsage, kinda curious if this one works more appropriately.....

oh, btw: i just decided that all the july filers will get their NOA2 by the end of november. (2 glasses of wine make me feel very important)

@debz: about the airlines: american is a nightmare! i really really LOVE united and lufhansa. air france is awesome, too!

Removal of Conditions - Timeline:

5/26/2010: I-751 Received

5/27/2010: NOA

We're thinking if we have to have a non legal wedding then the legal wedding after then we will make the legal wedding a big vegas thing with all the cheese - we'll have had our white wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I've still not seen anywhere exciting in the US. Just Grand Island (nicks hometown), Lincoln airport and Omaha airport in NE. Newark airport, Denver airport, both chicago airports and chicago from the train that connects them.

Part of me really wants to see vegas other than on CSI but as a scot.....well those temperatures will KILL me!!!!! Nebraska going to be bad enough. As a scot I can't cope once the temp goes over 80F, so for the majority of June/july/august in NE with temps 100F you'll find me sitting in the ice box ! Vegas would be death of me.

I know this off subject....what have peoples experiences been with various airlines? I hate continental, aer lingus lost nicks guitar when he came over and refuse to pay compensation....american scewed up my return flights first time I went and I ended up spending 10hrs in ORD. They did sort it though, gave me free access and food in business lounge, upgraded me to first class and gave me $500 towards a future trip so they are forgiven.

Vegas isnt so bad in the winter time, if fact is amzing right now!! very comfortable and warm enough to go swimming. I am a scot too; my last name is Scott :P

Funny as my mom's maiden name is England. Go figure!! haha!

we are getting married here

http://www.littlechurchlv.com/

my mom and step dad were married here 15 years ago, since then other families have chosen it as well for the history of it and lack of 'vegas cheese'

lots of U.K. people in this forum!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
StillthePrettiest,

I actually started tracking them myself on paper. I know that sounds boring and time consuming but actually it only takes a few minutes a day. I wanted to do this to help pass the time till my approval date. :)

Debz,

If you will fly between Omaha and UK, you should try Northwest connecting in Minneapolis. Or United to either Chicago or Denver. Lucky you will live right in the middle of our country so you can go explore the whole thing. Omaha is getting nice too, still cheap to buy a nice home, friendly people, a good place to raise a family, you should be excited!

Being a resident of Omaha, I'll have to agree with your assessment of Omaha! It is nice.

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Yes - big up the Brits and semi-Brits!! Oh and big up all the other July filers too - just cause we rock :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

what are people doing for Halloween?

I have to dress as a devil with the other Drai's girls and Redbull is paying for us to have our hair and makeup done as well as body painting. We are all meeting up at our sister club Tryst to be made up, staying there for a bit when they open at 10pm and then heading to work. Our nightclub opens at 1 am and I anticipate it being a very busy and long night!!

It will be funny to see all us devils marching around the Wynn.

I cant wait to get through this weekend of work as my love is coming next friday. It's nice to have a distraction from the wait!!!

Well - I am going to be going to bed shortly!! How exciting!! Have a fancy dress party to go to on Saturday though :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

already in bed... worked all day for one job, had an 8pm meeting for my other job, and have to catch a 6.25am train for the first job tomorrow :wacko:

as none of my housemates have permanent employment, however, the house is not yet quiet enough for sleeping; they tend to keep rather different hours to me...

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Part of me really wants to see vegas other than on CSI but as a scot.....well those temperatures will KILL me!!!!! Nebraska going to be bad enough. As a scot I can't cope once the temp goes over 80F, so for the majority of June/july/august in NE with temps 100F you'll find me sitting in the ice box ! Vegas would be death of me.

Vegas is not that bad. Its really all a matter of heat and humidity.

I live in Massachusetts, it doesn't get as "hot" as Vegas here but it is worse.

In Vegas you just have the Heat, your bodies persperation keeps you cool. When I was there I walked over a mile down the strip in long pants and a polo shirt and was perfectly fine. The temp was high 90's.

In Massachusetts in the high 90's you also have high humidity. Because of the humidity your persperation doesnt evaporate and sticks to you. Walking a mile down a street in MA in the summer in the same temp with high humidity would be much worse.

When I was in the Philippines I dont think I ever saw a thermometer, so I never knew the temperature when I was there. What I can tell you thou, is that all summer once I got back home I never needed to use my AC, with the exception of the one in the room with the computers.

I know I want Charry home with me as soon as possible, however I don't want her to come over here from 90-100 degree weather and immediately run into a New England Winter, once started my car and the thermo on the dash said minus 15, and scare her off. :unsure:

If final approval of her visa, meaning interview etc, ends up being in March, or later, like I am expecting, I have no problem with waiting another month or 2 until Winter is over to come here. It would also allow me to goto the Philippines again and bring her home with me in May or June when the weather isen't freezing and it is starting to get warmer. We then have all year to prepare her for the colder weather.

On the positive side thou, if she comes here in the winter she will probably want to snuggle up closer to me at night to stay warm. :devil:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Arrta, that's because you didn't feel the real Vegas heat. Vegas 115 is much hotter than Vegas 95. The hottest anywhere in the US has to be Louisiana in August. I felt like melted wax...

What's this a July filer getting a touch? Maybe your file fell out of a box they were shuffling around... or could our first approval come next week? :o

Visa took too long, grew apart and withdrew visa after six months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
We're thinking if we have to have a non legal wedding then the legal wedding after then we will make the legal wedding a big vegas thing with all the cheese - we'll have had our white wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii :D

That sounds awesome... I have friends who just got married at sunset on a beach somewhere in Hawaii... THe pics are so romantic awesome, she didnt even need a fancy dress to make her special. I am not sure how our wedding is going to be... I am a little tired of all the stress now... but hopefully i get back in the mood for planning things once we get the NOA 2....

07-27-07 - sent Petition to CSC

08-10-07 - NOA1 issued

??? - NOA2 (due to phone call on the 4th)

??? - NOA2 hard copy received

01-17-08 - File reached NVC (and left!)

01-25-08 - Pack 3 received

01-30-08 - Pack 3 returned

02-08-08 - Pack 4 received

02-18-08 - Medical moved to 02-27-08

02-27-08 - Interview in Frankfurt

03-27-08 - POE LAX

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Definatly alot of UK-ers here. Seem to be a fair number of Nebraskans too. I feel a nebraska meet up in Omaha sometime coming on. I'm actually going to be starting my american life in Grand Island. I'm a country lass, born and brought up in the kind of villages where everyone knows everyone. I lived in Glasgow city for 2 years and hated it. Not a big fan of the city at all so Grand Island kinda suits me. ALOT bigger than I'm used too but still laid back and surrounded by fields. We are considering heading to Lincoln or Omaha in the future though as bigger scope for me running my own business as I have done here in scotland.

I'm really hoping some of us UK-ers get same day interviews! We can go for a wee drink afterwards.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

"Wee drink"?? I am thinking full on partay!!!

Of course Debz is driving as she doesn't do drunk!!! Lol :D We might all end up back in Scotland though...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.