11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

I am now finally starting to apply my Citizenship and I am confused about what stated on the NOTE: Select the box for either Item A. or B. in Item Number 1. If applicable, select the box for item Number 2.

I did clicked box A- I can read and understand English, and I have read and understand every question and instruction on this application and my answer to every question.

It means I don't need to click Item number 2?

I appreciated all,

Chona

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

1A is your correct answer.

I would suggest filing online.

Regardless of paper or online filing, I would suggest filing 1 week inside your open eligibility window.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, meandterry said:

thank you so much

So applying online will be more faster than by mail?

Yes. It will also tell you what EXACTLY to submit based on answers on first page.

You will get receipt within 24 hours. The same receipt will be mailed to you.

Only Caveat: Do wait a week in. USCIS does not factor time zone. You may be a few hours inside your eligibility window yet another location is behind. So, USCIS will reject it and fighting with them is headache. That is why I suggest submit 1 week in.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Timona said:

Yes. It will also tell you what EXACTLY to submit based on answers on first page.

You will get receipt within 24 hours. The same receipt will be mailed to you.

Only Caveat: Do wait a week in. USCIS does not factor time zone. You may be a few hours inside your eligibility window yet another location is behind. So, USCIS will reject it and fighting with them is headache. That is why I suggest submit 1 week in.

Recently had my ROC approve, I haven't received the actual cardthinking about filing for citizenship. Do I need to wait for months or years before I'm eligible for citizenship?thanks 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Arnel villarreal said:

Recently had my ROC approve, I haven't received the actual cardthinking about filing for citizenship. Do I need to wait for months or years before I'm eligible for citizenship?thanks 

Your card should be with you this Wednesday. I answered that on your previous thread too.

What is the resident since date on your 2 year GC?

On 1/17/2022 at 3:05 PM, meandterry said:

thank you so much

So applying online will be more faster than by mail?

Hi ! I applied ONLINE and its a lot easier .If you can do that ,that is much better. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 hours ago, Timona said:

Your card should be with you this Wednesday. I answered that on your previous thread too.

What is the resident since date on your 2 year GC?

Residents since 12,6, 2017 and just had my ROC approved 

On 1/17/2022 at 6:01 PM, Timona said:

1A is your correct answer.

I would suggest filing online.

Regardless of paper or online filing, I would suggest filing 1 week inside your open eligibility window.

What do you mean by open eligibility window for N400? This month of January made it 4 years I arrived United States. Became permanent resident or ROC approved in April, 2021. When do you think is my eligibility window? How do I calculate it?

Timeline
2 hours ago, oloyede777 said:

What do you mean by open eligibility window for N400? This month of January made it 4 years I arrived United States. Became permanent resident or ROC approved in April, 2021. When do you think is my eligibility window? How do I calculate it?

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-early-filing-calculator

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.